Lady had training on loaded artic today - would recommend

Hi. Passed my C+E first time two weeks ago with Peter Smythe Transport Training in Mansfield and today took advantage of the 4 hours loaded artic training they offer. Would highly recommend this as it has taken me from the nervous stage of being out on my own for the first time with a loaded artic and transformed me into someone that actually wants that first call from my driving agency. The training throughout was excellent and even though they ate all the chocolates I bought them I’ll forgive Peter and the team as it now means my driver husband may get weekends off for a change. I travelled about 50 miles by train for the training but it was well worth it as the training centre is right by the Mansfield Woodhouse train station and it made the journey less stressful and I therefore arrived ready to go out and drive. Can’t thank them enough!!! I’m really proud of my achievement.
Mandy :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome LadyC+E=Happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

Welcome aboard.

Its really good to get feedback, for which ever company and i’m pleased you enjoyed your experience today. Enjoy the site.

Hi LadyC+E=Happy,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on your “C+E” test pass :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

I met Peter and some of his staff at Truckfest this year, they’re nice folks. :smiley:

Thank you for your congrats. I too met Peter and the team at Truckfest this year and luckily, or perhaps foolishly, commented that if I happened to win their prize draw for £500 off training I would have no excuse not to do it. Next thing I knew the phone rang and there was a £350 voucher in the post to me. It was the push I needed as having a young family money had always been an issue for the C+E funding. It’s all behind me now and my husband has just informed me that he can’t work next Saturday so guess I need to wait for my agency to phone with my first job.

LadyC+E=Happy:
I need to wait for my agency to phone with my first job

Are you with just one agency :question:

I would recommend signing up for as many as possible to give you more chances.

It will never be easy to get that first foot on the ladder especially in this current job climate where many experienced drivers are out of work.

I am actually with three agencies but my main one has been very good to me and I’ve had weekend work on Cat C since I passed in Oct 2005 (except Feb to May this year when it was very quiet). I haven’t told the other two I have passed yet because I’d like to get that first job done first. I think it may be an ARGOS trunk run that the agency has lined up for me. Not ready for delivery work yet - just want to drive and arrive safely first.

Its really good to get feedback

Certainly is. Thanks for the kind comments. Pete

You’re welcome. Keep up the good work.
Mandy

YAY another female driver :slight_smile: Hoping to complete my artic soon :slight_smile: