Tomorrow I'll be mostly driving

Something similar to this :smiley: :open_mouth: (couldn’t find a piccy of the actual DAF i’ll be driving)

If your in the vicinity of the M62 and see the driver with a look of absolute dread on his face and white knuckles on the steering wheel, that’ll be me :wink: .

PS: I will have a co-pilot on board to complete my 2 day induction.

You’ve been tangoed, and keep those curtains on the trailer tighter, good Luck.

2 day induction seriously?

merc0447:

Yep, today was loadsa paperwork, learning about co procedure & the H&S stuff. Tomorrow is an assessment/training exercise with real drops, I personally can’t fault it, if a co want’s things doing a certain way then this way is the way to go imho. I’m new to artics, but not to truck driving, and if I’m honest I more than welcome an experienced co-pilot to give me some pointers. There’s one other thing about doing it this way, short of being completely “shafted” by this co, they’ve certainly earned my loyalty with the way they’ve looked after me so far, from the first enquiry about artic training up to my start today.

Not a bad motor to start on mate! I agree with your thoughts on the induction. If you’ve never done the job before it is far less daunting having someone with you rather than having a set of keys chucked at you and off you go. It also shows that the company is a professional set up and dedicated to its drivers IMO. Good luck.

As said above, get the curtains as tight as you can. Makes life easier and looks nicer too…

Let be honest, you wouldn’t be too pleased if the misses has saggy curtains would you■■?

If your on for via master you must be in or around Leeds?

Curtains will be to regulation tautiness :slight_smile:
I’m in Huddersfield, so a little bit of a trek, even more so when they move. But a start is a start and they’re not the worst paying co around, by far. I was even considering tramping for Boardalls at Borobridge if I came unstuck with a start on bendys.

Just had a look on streetview at drops tommorow, only 3 so far, good job I did, getting to Aintree looks a bit of a pig, 14’ bridge from the north and no right turn from A506 from south. I’ve figured it out but glad I checked. There’s another in L’pool that looks like I’ll need 5 gazillion shunts in from the road :smiling_imp: .
I wonder if i’ll be able to stop off at the Anfield shop and treat my boys :laughing: .

MADBAZ:
Curtains will be to regulation tautiness :slight_smile:
I’m in Huddersfield, so a little bit of a trek, even more so when they move. But a start is a start and they’re not the worst paying co around, by far. I was even considering tramping for Boardalls at Borobridge if I came unstuck with a start on bendys.

Just had a look on streetview at drops tommorow, only 3 so far, good job I did, getting to Aintree looks a bit of a pig, 14’ bridge from the north and no right turn from A506 from south. I’ve figured it out but glad I checked. There’s another in L’pool that looks like I’ll need 5 gazillion shunts in from the road :smiling_imp: .
I wonder if i’ll be able to stop off at the Anfield shop and treat my boys :laughing: .

If you stop near any shops in Liverpool, the shop is re-stocked by time you’re back in your cab and realise your phone, sat nav, wheels and cargo have all somehow disappeared.

Thought you were going on Fagan and Whalley, or am I getting you mixed up?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think I’ll take your advice on board, think I’ve got a handout nearby on load security, or is that summat to do with straps.

Think you might be getting old, wasn’t me :laughing:

Think its Madguy going on Fagan and Whalley, could be wrong!

bluenose:
Think its Madguy going on Fagan and Whalley, could be wrong!

You are right, just hunted the thread down.

Too many mad people on here :sunglasses:

We’re about in Liverpool you delivering/collecting ? Could help as am from Liverpool

mark h:
We’re about in Liverpool you delivering/collecting ? Could help as am from Liverpool and I sell second-hand wheels

FTFY! :grimacing:

gnasty gnome:

mark h:
We’re about in Liverpool you delivering/collecting ? Could help as am from Liverpool and I sell second-hand wheels

FTFY! :grimacing:

:laughing: hahaha cheers mate

merc0447:

3 day induction where I’m doing agency work

well done on getting the start madbaz, decent motors from what I’ve seen.

where are viamaster moving too??

where are viamaster moving too??
[/quote]
I heard last year moving to old Grimers warehouse at Whitwood. Was also told they were moving Xmas just gone so could be totally wrong!

The latest news is October, all I know is Whitwood.

Had a good day, my reversing needs a lot of work, only did 2 trillion shunts today, including a voluntary blindside, just for the experience :grimacing: and that went better than the others :open_mouth: . I’ve just gotta remember I’m in a big truck now and not a rigid as I got caught out twice when fully freighted :blush: . Other than that a good day. Btw anyone seen my wheel trims?

I was supposed to be doing a night trunk from tomorrow with a dd, thank goodness that’s been rearranged, I wouldn’t have had enough spare undies for my shift. :laughing:

Looks like I’m on locals tomorrow, Watch out W.Yorks. :stuck_out_tongue:

MADBAZ:
they’ve certainly earned my loyalty with the way they’ve looked after me so far,

Until they start f’ing and blinding at you down the phone because your late to a drop…

Saaamon:

MADBAZ:
they’ve certainly earned my loyalty with the way they’ve looked after me so far,

Until they start f’ing and blinding at you down the phone because your late to a drop…

Why the negativity, just as I was in a happy place :frowning: