Tomorrow I'll be mostly driving

I hope that wasn’t you I saw on the hard shoulder of the M60 today near the A580 exit parked behind a car with some orange scratches down the side…

Paul

NOT ME :grimacing: , I was in W.Yorks all day.

10 drops today, some very tight ones, who the hell put an industrial unit in the middle of a housing estate? Good job I had another co-pilot today cos 2 drops would’ve gone back, I’d have struggled in a rigid!

This learning curve thing just how steep is it■■? In all seriousness I’m getting comfortable with the vehicle and things seem to be dropping into place, especially the reversing, today was really in at the deep end and I pullled through okay without scaring the guy in the jump seat. I had to wake him a couple of times, especially to help an old lady who needed her pallet handballing off :laughing: .

MADBAZ:
NOT ME :grimacing: , I was in W.Yorks all day.

10 drops today, some very tight ones, who the hell put an industrial unit in the middle of a housing estate? Good job I had another co-pilot today cos 2 drops would’ve gone back, I’d have struggled in a rigid!

This learning curve thing just how steep is it■■? In all seriousness I’m getting comfortable with the vehicle and things seem to be dropping into place, especially the reversing, today was really in at the deep end and I pullled through okay without scaring the guy in the jump seat. I had to wake him a couple of times, especially to help an old lady who needed her pallet handballing off :laughing: .

Glad you are enjoying it. Yes it’s a steep learning curve. A couple of years down the Lin and we’ll be pros at it :wink:

As I’ve said before mate, 1 day it all clicks and you can run over a 1/2 penny piece (remember them?) with any tyre you choose with no probs, that same day you’ll struggle to get it onto the widest bay known to man and look like a ■■■■■■’ noob :laughing:

dar1976:
Glad you are enjoying it. Yes it’s a steep learning curve. A couple of years down the Lin and we’ll be pros at it :wink:

waynedl:
As I’ve said before mate, 1 day it all clicks and you can run over a 1/2 penny piece (remember them?) with any tyre you choose with no probs, that same day you’ll struggle to get it onto the widest bay known to man and look like a [zb]’ noob :laughing:

Your right, had a mixed 2 days, a mix up meant I was at a drop for 10 hours yesterday, the load was taken off then put back on and back off again, I wore a hole in my glove un/zipping the curtains :confused: :open_mouth: , which meant a night out without any night out gear :blush: , you should’ve seen the faces in tesco car park when I took up 10 of 30 disabled bays whilst I went shopping for supplies :grimacing: . It’s been a bit bum clenching in parts today and had to be oh so gentle on the pedals, even then the abs & tcs light came on a few times. I’ve had my first 26t load, the twisty bits were fun (not), I also had a 7 pallet (part) load of preserves in glass jars, every single one survived :sunglasses: . I’ve had a few tight spots, a tricky blind-side all done without too much bother, then at poundstretcher in Hudds, loads of room, I had to have 1/2 dozen goes at gettting on the bay :blush:

All in all it’s been an interesting week, a bit soggy today, but I’ve enjoyed it and have no regrets. I’m certainly looking forward to getting ‘my own’ orange truck, then I shouldn’t get caught unprepared.

:exclamation: :exclamation: A special mention goes to the Owens driver who helped me strap & zip the curtains yesterday, when I thought I had a chance of getting back just inside my time, really appreciated :smiley: :smiley: even though the lot came off again :angry: .

Looking forward to next week…

Just remember. You get paid by the hour. So they can faff around all they want. Just make sure that if it’s an unplanned delay that your office knows about it so they can either get on the blower and see what the hold up is, or reschedule other things.

Another good day. Well done. Lorry back in one piece. And more days like that to come.

merc0447:
2 day induction seriously?

It’s one week minimum on my company, even two if you can’t quite get the pacos message system and the elogs figured out.

elog.jpg

dar1976:
Just remember. You get paid by the hour. So they can faff around all they want. Just make sure that if it’s an unplanned delay that your office knows about it so they can either get on the blower and see what the hold up is, or reschedule other things.

We have to call in if sat an hour over booking time, in fact we call in for anything not going to plan, which is fair enough. The truck probably earned more that day racking up demurrage, rather than burning diesel.

Another good day. Well done. Lorry back in one piece. And more days like that to come.

Hope so, although not so keen on the weather :laughing:

After last weeks shenanigans I’ve been lugging a great big holdall round with all my night gear in :frowning: , after a couple of hours in the puddle jumper this morning I got back and was told that the motor I was in yesterday is ‘mine’ :laughing: . I must be doing something right for once. My ‘new’ 09 plate FH needs a duster running round inside and a new magic tree, and I’ll only need to take a day bag to work once my n/o gear has found it’s way into the cab. I now need ideas on what to fill all that locker space with.

MADBAZ:
After last weeks shenanigans I’ve been lugging a great big holdall round with all my night gear in :frowning: , after a couple of hours in the puddle jumper this morning I got back and was told that the motor I was in yesterday is ‘mine’ :laughing: . I must be doing something right for once. My ‘new’ 09 plate FH needs a duster running round inside and a new magic tree, and I’ll only need to take a day bag to work once my n/o gear has found it’s way into the cab. I now need ideas on what to fill all that locker space with.

Clean socks, clean underwear, baby wipes, kitchen roll

Well, after been on artics for two years I’m still enjoying it.

I’ve got a new toy :smiley:

ps this is the only new FH on the fleet so if you see me I don’t mind a chin wag.

I’ve had a couple of hiccups along the way, gained a vast knowledge but I’ve still got a lot to learn. Whilst not trying to blow my own trumpet but I’ve gone from a very nervous newbie whereby the goods in guy was telling the truth when he said “we’ve had bigger in here drive” to some that go “how the ■■■■ did you do manage that!”

Nice motor.

Won’t be driving that truck from Monday. I’m going where the grass is greener, or it will be if I get the fertiliser there on time.