Vehicle Insurance

Hi all, it’s coming upto that time of year when my insurances are due, and i’m just enquiring as to whether anyone can recommend any insurance brokers they’ve found to be ok please? I’m looking at comparing prices with the renewal quote i’ve recieved from my current broker. Any help will be much appreciated.

M R Ratcliffes from Cheltenham i have bartered with them for the last 9 years always match lowest quote even a couple i made up.Got 8k knocked off this year initial quote for 5 trucks trailers git public and emp liability was 28 k with quite a bad no claims history[people keep hitting our trucks ] got it down to 20k on a fleet policy.Sorry dont have number with me but just google it!

ratcliffes.co.uk/

Cheers for that i’ve just filled in the quick quotation form on-line.

Expect a call tomorrow then :laughing:

I’m fairly sure that they underwrote my current goods in transit.

haulier:
Cheers for that i’ve just filled in the quick quotation form on-line.

me too, see how they compare with the renewals I just had in.

haulier:
Hi all, it’s coming upto that time of year when my insurances are due, and i’m just enquiring as to whether anyone can recommend any insurance brokers they’ve found to be ok please? I’m looking at comparing prices with the renewal quote i’ve recieved from my current broker. Any help will be much appreciated.

my renewal comes in at approx £7500 for the 3 trucks, 3 trailers and the GIT

if that seems good to you, PM me :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

haulier:
Hi all, it’s coming upto that time of year when my insurances are due, and i’m just enquiring as to whether anyone can recommend any insurance brokers they’ve found to be ok please? I’m looking at comit paring prices with the renewal quote i’ve recieved from my current broker. Any help will be much appreciated.

my renewal comes in at approx £7500 for the 3 trucks, 3 trailers and the GIT

if that seems good to you, PM me :smiley:

now that seems a good deal!!! ooh christ i have just remeberd it will be that cheap owning dafs :wink: the insurance company will feel sorry for you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: suprised they only charge you for the trls and g.i.t shuttle and insure the dafs for FREEEEEEEEEE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ratcliffes quoted me £330 for GIT, PL. and uk CMR “subject to getting my vehicle insurance business”

er no thankyou - I decide who I buy my insurance off.

Stavely Head came in at £300

and they also got my vehicle insurance aswell without trying to blackmail me into it.

staveleyhead.co.uk/

I’ve heard good things about Ratcliffes - will try them this year for sure.

I’ve been with Safeguard for the last three years, they’ve always been ok for me.

dozer:

and they also got my vehicle insurance aswell without trying to blackmail me into it.

staveleyhead.co.uk/

used staveley head the year before last, never had a great year with them, and couldn’t wait to get away from em, hope you have better luck than I did.

try truckquote of telford i all ways shop about every renewal i cant beat them

tc trans:

dozer:

staveleyhead.co.uk/

used staveley head the year before last, never had a great year with them, and couldn’t wait to get away from em, hope you have better luck than I did.

if they are any bother I’ll just walk around the corner and sort them out!

i’m paying well under £2K FROM ANTONY JOHNS if that’s of any help to anyone… 2yr old magnum and brand new sdc crane trailer fully comp,inc g.i.t. everything all in.

Well Ratcliffe can’t do anything for me, conflict of interest as i’m already insured with one of their main insurance companies!! But good news is my current broker have matched a lower genuine offer made from another broker, so looks like i’ll be staying with them for another year. Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated.

I never heard back from Radcliffe after completing the online forms, clearly they dont want my business then… their loss

I rang them, the guy said he had a back log of on-line requests to go through, he only came back to work Monday so there’s still a chance on them yet.

I reckon this may have an effect on my no claims bonus :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

bloody typical, right on renewal

Try NFU mutual, if there good enough for the farmers who are shrewd with the cash got to worth a quote.