insurance

Hi Guys

My insurance is about due for renewal, and I need to renew cover for 4 tractor units, 1 transit connect van and 7 trailers, plus the usual GIT and liabilities.

Anyone got any details of decent brokers, where your not just a pleb to be shafted.
I am not neccesarily looking for the cheapest quote, although cheap is good, I want to forge a relationship with a decent broker who will look after my best interests, year on year.
Not actually sure if the above actually exists, but if you dont ask… etc etc.

Any tips that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TC

You can build up a decent relationship with a broker, but the insurers will still do anything they can to stiff you and/or the broker.
A friend of mine who is a broker is sick of falling out with the companies who’s policies he sells in good faith, who them wriggle out of paying claims on the most tenuous of technicalities. One recently used the clause about “Any modifications to the car sir?”, and when there was a claim, wriggled out due to a better ICE fitted. Didn’t really make a lot of difference to a hit and run whilst parked up did it?

Shuttlespanker recommended Circle Insurance to me: circleins.com/offices

I dealt with Brendan at the Nottingham Branch. I am insured through Aviva. I think it is good to move around a bit if you think your current provider is taking the ■■■■ as a lot of them do after the first year.

Have used what was Davis Corporate Risks for years,served me fine,now known as Bluefin on 01638 608060 and if they treat you bad unlikely,do let me know.Probably slightly dearer than others but in insurance you get’s what you pay for and none of them are charities.

Good morning, I to have used Bluefin formerly known as Davis Corporate Risks for over ten years now. I always get another quote from another company to ensure they remain competative. When I have had a claim they were excellant and very thorough.

Hi

If you happen to bank with Lloydstsb they have a deal running with AXA whereby if you need to spread the costs there are no interest charges. AXA are usually competitive so might be worth a try anyway.

Hello TC Trans, I work for Giles Insurance (Chester) and we are just in the process sponsoring a question and answer section on this site.

I have donkeys years of experience in the Haulage Insurance sector and I deal with my clients from inception and I stay as your contact throughout the time your time with me. You don’t disappear into a big hole and have direct access and continuity.

If you want me to have a look at what you need then feel free to give me a call. If nothing else, I should be able to give an honest assessment on whether your current deal is good or not!

The Broker
Tel: 01244 353161
Mob: 0771 332 4583

Just a note to add to the post from “The Broker” above.

Giles Insurance have joined with us to provide a general “Insurance forum” Giles was invited to do this not only because they are mad enough to volunteer :grimacing: :grimacing: but also because they have been reccomended not only on the forums but via private messages by members here.

before we set up the agreement with Giles we had a number of conversations, and while Giles obviously would like to attract new business via their participation on TruckNet UK they also have shown that they are willing to give general advice and assistance on a whole range of insurance matters.

what they will not be able to help with is dealing publicaly with claims or quotes, problems or issues with themselves or other companies. Such issues are best dealt with directly with the companies involved or via private messages.

While we are extremely pleased to be associated with Giles Insurance, working with a broker is a relationship and not every broker is suitable for every person/organisation. Just because Giles Insurance is a participant here does not stop any of you passing over reccomendations for other companies you have had good experiences with.

Russell Scanlan Ltd, Nottingham ; rsib.co.uk

Very Good, I`ve dealt with them for 32 years, I use them for just about everything, they have just done me a cracking deal on my travel insurance, they are big enough to wave a big stick at the Insurance company bandits, and STILL be interested in you as a person / business.

You get your own account manager, not a spotty kid either, someone who has years of experience…

Worth a look I reckon.

Silver_Surfer:
Shuttlespanker recommended Circle Insurance to me: circleins.com/offices

I dealt with Brendan at the Nottingham Branch. I am insured through Aviva. I think it is good to move around a bit if you think your current provider is taking the ■■■■ as a lot of them do after the first year.

:wink:

i have been with them for 4 years now, if i am not happy, i move, end of :wink:

Silver Surfer, i take it you are happy with them then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

many thanks for the numerous replies.
I like the fact that some of you have been with your brokers for a number of years, that certianly gives a good level of confidence.

I will be on the phones in the morning to see what the guys you mentioned can do for me.

Thanks again guys, its much appreciated.

TC

i use staveley head for road insurance and they usually beat my nearest quote by a few hundred quid. they have the authority to quote you and there underwriters just go with there quote, no need for them to get quote from underwriters then ring you back 2 days later.i insure vehicles on single policys and last time i renewed 1 they were about £300 cheaper. speak to wez on hgv team. 01352 762400. i got my GIT, employers etc from sam at WTJ 01924 877 236.

I Began in 1997 with Craig insurance based in washington which was taken over a couple of times and is now handled by giles insurance , all i can say is with craig i had a dedicated client manager and contact , but now with giles i am just another reference number on a list , so surprised that trucknet have allied themselves with someone which seems is purely just for a financial agreement and actually have no customer dealings with.
I personally feel that my previous dealings made us feel like a customer not a number , i always renewed with craig insurance but come april for the first time in years will be shopping around , price is not everything.

Hello Chaps, in response to Youngtrucker. Giles Insurance is an Insurance Broker that has a reputation for, as you say taking over smaller businesses. But they then allow whatever business they consume, to continue to trade in the same way as before. So whilst I agree that you can disappear into a big hole and become just a number, not all branches operate in this way. We in Cheshire, have set up a link with Trucknet to hopefully help with any questions members may have. Obviously I want business, but I really can say that once you become a customer you have the same contacts for the life of your time with us, that includes out of hours contact as well. Building a relationship with a client is key to retaining business. Sorry to waffle on, but I thought it needed saying!

The Broker