Truck insurance broker names please

Hi folks, I’m just about nearly got my finger out my ar5e regards setting up as owner driver, guys, can you steer me in right direction regards broker, what sort of money you paid for first year, things you found helpful that were included in the small print?
I guess this would be more directed at owner drivers, small firms, the likes of trans limited, burnley Si, Harry monk etc etc, anyone that can help.

Vehicle would be 44t tractor 08 iveco 10k

Thanks in advance

Matt wood

Try c&c insurance brokers in Stockport, I’ve used them for a long time. Ask for Julie or pip.

coiler:
Try c&c insurance brokers in Stockport, I’ve used them for a long time. Ask for Julie or pip.

Agreed. I used to deal with a guy there by the name of Paul Halfpenny. They’re competitive, easy to deal with and very helpful.

Ratcliffe brokers do good deals for owner driver/new setups.

Being easy to deal with is worth considering.

My brokers, who were excellent, were taken over by Towergate, a few years back and all staff made redundant. Since being with Towergate, almost every year, it’s a new person to deal with. They all have a string of letters and qualifications after their names and they’ve all, except for one guy, been totally clueless ■■■■ wits.

Thanks folks.submitted details to tower gate yesterday-will try these today

I recommend Anthony Jones Ltd in Bromley. They will tailor your GIT to suit the requirements of various companies. Some require more money per tonne of cargo than others. Also, vehicle insurance is very competitive. Good luck.

Phoned all those thanks guys, will post general figures when they come thru for reference

Thanks again

Matt

Might be a bit late, but I’ve dealt with Burley group in Sheffield for a few years now - saved us thousands when we first moved and during the good years they’ve cut the premium. Very good on service as well.

We run about 20 vehicles, vans up to artics.

Janos:
I recommend Anthony Jones Ltd in Bromley. They will tailor your GIT to suit the requirements of various companies. Some require more money per tonne of cargo than others. Also, vehicle insurance is very competitive. Good luck.

Just a word of advice, when looking at the vehicle insurance, look at the terms very closely with regards to detached trailers. I am with Aviva at present and they don’t have any stipulations about dropped trailers. Others I have looked at who are cheaper, by a considerable sum, stipulate detached trailers are only covered in secure locked compounds. I pay the extra for the peace of mind, having had a loaded trailer disappear some years ago over a weekend, Aviva paid out with no problems.

Back in the early nineties my Father had two tractor units stolen from his yard. The first one wasn’t insured with Aviva and he had a lot of problems being paid out and the insurance company were really difficult with the value. He bought a replacement and on broker advice moved to Aviva. When this was stolen 2 years later it was a completely different experience. Aviva paid out quickly and there was no argument about insured value. Hope this helps

Lawrence Fuhler at bluefin saved me a lot of money

Thanks guys, keep em coming

Thanks nyk, that’s exactly the pitfalls I’d like to avoid

Matt

pm sent