Re truck insurance

anybody recomend good insurance company want to insure 6x2 tractor and tipping trailer. cheers.

You could try the fella I use, when I started he was the cheapest by a long chalk. I recommended him to another o/d mate of mine with 6 trucks and he saved over 4k a year with him. Not sure if i’m allowed to post phone numbers etc on here so i’ll pm you his details.

MrHappy:
You could try the fella I use, when I started he was the cheapest by a long chalk. I recommended him to another o/d mate of mine with 6 trucks and he saved over 4k a year with him. Not sure if i’m allowed to post phone numbers etc on here so i’ll pm you his details.

thanks im waiting on a quote from towergate at moment but i dont want to be phoning millions of companies so it was easier asking advice cheers martyn.

i use cornish, they have always got me the cheapest price

sammy dog:
thanks im waiting on a quote from towergate at moment but i dont want to be phoning millions of companies so it was easier asking advice cheers martyn.

I use Towergate and they’re pretty competative if you stick to named drivers only, but last week I tried to get a lad named on the policy to do some covering work and they wouldn’t touch him because he was less than 25 years old, even though he’s had HGV since 21 and he’s 25 in July with a clean licence :confused:

Big Joe:

sammy dog:

I use Towergate and they’re pretty competative if you stick to named drivers only, but last week I tried to get a lad named on the policy to do some covering work and they wouldn’t touch him because he was less than 25 years old, even though he’s had HGV since 21 and he’s 25 in July with a clean licence :confused:

hi joe had quote off t/gate yesterday was nt bad price cost me less than 20yrs ago.

chaversdad:
i use cornish, they have always got me the cheapest price

Is that the same as Cornish Mutual ? ( I use them )

Coversure beat any quote for vehicle related insurance for me. I would recommend them. They beat a lot of major players in the insurance field. I havent used them for GIT or CMR though.

Ian Clarkson at West Craven Insurance in Barnoldswick Lancashire (can’t hold that against him!!)
Cheapest 44t cover by a Yorkshire mile and when the [zb] hits the fan they bat for you!!!

Excellent service and 7 years with them says they must be good.
Some of the other [zb] get a little frosty at claim time!!!

Just my experience, I’m not on commission!!! :smiley:

West Craven have a website if you stick em in Google.

Were with Towergate and have had a totally different experience, i passed my test when i was 18 on the YDS and they insured my on all the truck class 1 and 2 with no increase all that changed was the excess went up to £750 for if i have a crash, it stayed the same for the other drivers, just not to crash into anything :laughing:

Big Joe:

sammy dog:

Towergate have always offered me much higher premiums when asked them to quote.
Currently using Priory Insurance from Wymondham, 2nd year in doing so and they sliced my premiums by 2.5k this year against any other quotes, so sticking with them.

I heard through the grapevine that Towergate has now parted company with the RHA