Truck insurance

Looking at getting insurance for an artic bulk tipper which also needs to include goods in transit and public liability insurance. Have found plenty on the search engines just wondered if anyone on here could recommend one? cheers

Hi
Towergate are a very competitive player in the market, a lot of the smaller brokers go through them and split the finders fee, m r ratcliffe are also very keen. Make sure you have a chair and an oxygen mask handy before you phone, everything is up this year, just renewing mine now, 5 trucks in excess of 13k!
Lrm

Cheers mate i’m expecting it to be fairly high anyway as i’m only just starting out as an owner driver so obviously have no NCB. Are there specific packages out there for owner drivers do you know?

Hi
Most insurers/brokers will be keen for your business, introductory discounts etc, i suspect you will be round about the 3.2k mark for truck and trailer. A letter from your last employer stating you had x amount of years accident free driving would be a great help. Make sure and get at least 2 quotes, your broker will flannel you with the ‘we check the whole market for you’, but do check with at least two brokers. On the other hand dont spread yourself too thinly because at the end of the day all the brokers are going too the same main players and they will all know that others are seeking a quote on your behalf and therefore may view it as a lost cause and not negotiate so hard to return a good premium for you.
Its a bloody racket to be honest but you cant go without it!!
Lrm

I’m insured with Giles Insurance and they seem pretty good. Not had to make a claim yet though and that can often be what makes or breaks an insurer…

Paul

LRM:
A letter from your last employer stating you had x amount of years accident free driving would be a great help. Lrm

That would be nice but unfortunately I had a minor bump with a BMW on the M1 about a year ago so it wouldn’t really be telling the truth!

Things I,ve learned
1st, never tell the thruth when a good lie will do.
2nd, wing it
3rd, [zb] it, carry on regardless

Never done me any harm!
Lrm

if you go with towergate you will get a forward dash mount camera free
bluefin have given me good quotes in the past,but at the moment i use swinton commercial (who bought out frieghtsure of stone stafford) who have also given me good quotes and £100 cash back the last time i insured with them last march
however a car ran into me a while ago and i am not yet sure of the outcome as i find swinton commercial a pain to deal with over the phone (far worse than frieghtsure used to be) they are much like car insurance firms of today
good luck moose