Upping Sticks & Moving to Middle ENGLAND ... maybe

After 40+ years of living & working in the South am possibly moving to somewhere between Crick & Peterborough, can anyone suggest decent areas along that stretch possibly prefer Peterborough end there seems to be a lot of industry in & moving into that area, Ive seen IKEA, Post office, TESCO, etc

20 + years HGV1 LMC Fridges, taut Rope & sheet etc etc, I dont think ill have a prob getting Job

Why are you moving with Reading being so near…?

UJ: you have a PM

thank you Q hunter

Why move from reading/Newbury…
Sony have closed depot & are moving to Northampton
Bakery in Reading closed & gone
M&S splitting distribution between Thatcham & Thornbury
Moving to Peterborough I can lop £100k off the cost of my home ie get a BIGGER property for less mortgage, not have to work so many hours :laughing:

Quite apart from the fact Reading is a crap hole, and normal people move OUT of Reading not IN to it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

and I am able to say this as I lived there for 28 years!!! :laughing: :laughing:

UnionJack. Thats a good reason. There are plenty of nice places in the area you have picked out so go for it…

done the same 2 yrs ago,moved from new forest to willenhall,wolverhampton.
gained on the sale of house,brought twice the size,massive garden,got the job before moving only the pay was no better and the area worse than when we left ten yrs earlier.
the grass may look greener but it still needs cutting.
last july we moved back,to a smaller house,with a bigger mortgage,and back with the same firm.glad to be back? yes.

think long and hard before you do it,it will cost a small fortune to return.

best of luck

mark

smcaul. I know that . I was just thinking of the job situation…