Until now only an FH would do

i have had an 6 month old stralis 430 AT for the last couple of days dragging a bulker around on the smelly saria contract and i have to say i am impressed :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
until now if anyone had told me that iveco could build a decent truck i would have laughed in their face ( as most of you know the eurotec is my nemesis and yes i do have one at the company i am at at the mo, its a 420 rated to 60t and it is a bucket!!!)
but the stralis is a different story, it is well put together and as comfy as my old series 1 fh and better equipped than the series 2 i drove for a couple of weeks.
the ITD (iveco turbo brake) is easily as powerful as the VEB ( volvo exhaust brake) and with the cruise control and speed limiter adjusted to 80kms on the 2 lane i dont have to worry about speed traps :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
the only gripe i have is with the manual ecosplit box, the splits just arent quick enough and has a tendancy to catch me out.
i now want to try the stralis AS with the 480 curser 13 mated up to the eurotronicII auto box, but as they dont run them i will have to find another way.
the consumption isn’t bad either, i have been getting around 38ltrs/100kms loaded at 40t on mixed autoroute and route national on some very hilly terrain and have out pulled mercs, scanias, volvos and most happily DAF’s and she has only got 35,000kms on her so she isnt even run in yet!!! should be interesting when she is :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
if i were an O.D. i would quite happily put my name on one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
watch out volvo the stralis is coming!!!

That sounds nothing like the one I drove from Huntingdon to Rainham. Rainham was where it broke down and was taken away to a dealer.

It pulled OK I suppose (while it was working) and it was reasonably comfy. But the build quality was terrible. For a 12 month old motor there were far too many creaks and rattles.

Having said that, I understand they are a lot cheaper.

Personally, I doubt that Volvo are all that worried. :smiley:

i now want to try the stralis AS with the 480 curser 13 mated up to the eurotronicII auto box, but as they dont run them i will have to find another way.

Better get yourself over to TruckFest then Chris…theoretically Lily the Loony will be delivering our trailer to the stand. :wink:

not sure i will make truckfest at peterboghorror this year lucy, as funds are still very tight. work has been very slow at the moment and i may have a contract for 6 months due to my neighbour possibly loseing his licence for 6 months due to being nicked for speeding :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i will aim to try for one of the others later in the year all being well!! :unamused: :unamused:

you may have a point about the build quality fenman as she is still only 6 months old andwith 35000kms but they have been a hard 35000kms as she is on tipping with an aggregate trailor on the road contracts.

still looks like iveco have got their act together thou!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
salut
chris

i might go to truckfest this year.

is the trailer up and running then.

p.s has it got any beers in.

I said theoretically… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

We’ll be there and arranging a meeting point of some form or other though, whatever happens. :wink:

Lucy:
I said theoretically… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

We’ll be there and arranging a meeting point of some form or other though, whatever happens. :wink:

ok luc… all being well :wink: :laughing: :laughing: