Calling all stralis owners/drivers

hello, looking for views and opinions on the iveco stralis, good or bad, id like to know as much as i can about this vehicle, im getting a demo, but i wont find out too much in a week.

regards
paul

:laughing: Good one Paul :sunglasses: At least someone listens, if only in part. :wink:

rob, ive got a topline scania now and i just fancy something different, id love a new topline but the asking price is a lot more than a 4 series and i dont want another 4 series, i appreciate your views and some people have said that they are very happy with an iveco stralis, and its 13 grand less than a new topline, and times as they are now, its not to be sniffed at!
im going to get a demo and see what its like at least.

paul.

only driven 2,each for one day .throughly enjoyed it.you need to be gentle with the throttle and brake that bit earlier.all the drivers use to fight over the iveco`s(that must be a first).i have driven a fair few different wagons and i find the stralis the best(new xf/fh/merc/man/scania).
if i was an owner driver it would be on my shortlist,mine you so would the eurostar :laughing:
i would not opt for the seat on the bunk,stick with the passenger seat. :wink:
jon[/img]

flatbedman:
rob, ive got a topline scania now and i just fancy something different, id love a new topline but the asking price is a lot more than a 4 series and i dont want another 4 series, i appreciate your views and some people have said that they are very happy with an iveco stralis, and its 13 grand less than a new topline, and times as they are now, its not to be sniffed at!
im going to get a demo and see what its like at least.

paul.

how much would a daf xf be :question: apart from the hump and gearlever to squese past ienjoyed that too :laughing:

failing that the good old volvo :wink:
jon

I have driven a few of them, having driven on & off for a rental company. I liked them & more importantly most of the drivers & company’s like them, I’m told that they are a little thirsty, but other than that everyone seems to be very happy with them.

i was one of the very first people in the uk to drive the strallis, i used to work on the launches of all new iveco models,its a very comfy cab with lashing of space,i found the the semi-auto-matic gearbox box was very good , my boss at the time had been a driver for 30+ years and he would endorse it here (if he was pc illiterate like myself :wink: )ile try and dig out some stats from me old paperwork, btw, ime now driving a iveco 1315 rigid , i wonder if any others on here are driving old pieces of [zb] like me, its so under powered it only does 25mph on the approach from the m20(north bound) of m26,coming back from le ferte bernard yesterday i could have walked along side it climbing the long hills east of versaille…sorry ime wofflin…iveco strallis = very good truck imho…

regards…bernie

I did a drive for Truck Magazine when the Stralis was voted the truck of the year (For a special supplement in the issue).

I liked it a lot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I found it to be well built, and well thought out in the cab… It pulled very well, and the auto shift took no time to learn.

I personally would have no problem with it at all if the boss gave me one to drive :smiley: :smiley:

It’s not about driving it, it’s about the time it’s off road getting repaired. You need to put the thread on owner-drivers forum Paul or go and speak to the folks yourself. You’ll see I’m right, I bet you. Buy one at your peril.

Had a Stralis on hire for 4 months, had no problems with it, found it more than capable for the job (delivering beer) mostly at about 40 to 43 tons gross.

Hire company had lots of trouble with the others that they had but said that was down to having to many different drivers.

Probably a good truck if keeping to the same driver all the time.

A stralis!!! Well from what I’ve heard they’re not very good. A company near me have just bought about 6. 2 broke down from the paint shop and one broke out on it’s first trip. The inside is all very well with all it’s electronics. Lovely when it’s all brand new but wait a few years and see how it fair’s.

is it true that the cb interferes with the computer or is it the other way round

ok so here are a few niggles with the stralis.
the curtains don’t quite fit properly and are very awkward to get anywhere near the kind of blackout a scania gives.
the tv table is the wrong side from the 12volt tv supply but there are more down by the passenger side.
the fridge is a little small but when you remove the seperator for the freezer whatever you put next to the cooler freezes.
the side locker is too small, smaller than a scania, very similar to a premium or the old man.
similar to the scania, don’t leave the sunroof open at all when it’s raining.

now for the good points.
auto gearbox works great.
the version with the air passenger seat is better than the others.
the split bottom bunk that turns into 2 chairs with a table is great.
fridge/freezer is nicely placed.
540 gives excellent performance without fuel depreciation.
engine braking/retarder system the dogs doo dahs.
computer like information panel is very good.

i wouldn’t give up my scania for a stralis unless i was forced but then again i wouldn’t give up my 4 series for a new r cab either however i would like a 4 series classic to make me completely happy.
at just 3 grand more than a standard topline and with leather interior, alloy wheels, wood fascia, big cupboards and the scania retarder it has to be the bargain buy from the scania dealer of your choice.
dislike the r-cab, i am prepared to wait for scania to get it right, r series facelift model will be seen in about 9 to 15 months time because scania have made a bit of a ■■■■ up.

well thanks everyone, i will be sorting out a demonstrator tomorrow and see how it goes, cheers

paul

Go for it Paul!

Like Rikki I did a test drive in one for T&D, I loved it, really could’nt find anything wrong with it…never thought I’d ever say something nice about an Iveco :laughing:

if you are seriously thinking about buying one, send me a pm and i will give you the phone number of a friend who will beat any deal that you get from another iveco dealership, not to be sniffed at, he offered me a brand spanker at 13 grand less than sales price plus a grand in my pocket if a sold it on.
if only it had been a four wheel unit.

its hard to get excited about the stralis, & thats coming from a driver who drives DAF 85 CF 380. one driver had to top up the oil,& that means tilting the cab, all well & good but a gust of wind cought it & bent the ram enough for it not to come back down, luckily he was in the yard & took another unit. We had another exsample that when the cab was up the electrics that operate the tilting mechanism failed& couldnt get the cab back down.
When one light on the dash comes on ,all the other lights join in giving you your own private disco ,impressive eh?The park brake is unreliable, weve had 3 run away, luckily no body was hurt, but thats all it was… LUCK !
As for truck of the year, the judges must have been looking at some thing else at the time.! I`ll keep the DAF thanks.