Stralis-what a surprise!

Chargecooler blew out into the radiator on my FH12 on Thursday,so my boss managed to hire me an '03 Stralis to use on Friday.
I’ve gotta say i was very impressed,the way Iveco managed to make use of all the space in the cab,it really surprised me.I am a fan of the auto box and the way the bottom bunk folds out for a table was quite neat,pulled well with a 25 ton 20ft container from the isle of pain on the way back as well!
The only downside is it was a typical hire truck,pigsty inside!!,so i went up today and cleaned it out a bit as i’ve got to use it on Monday as well.
I’m getting a new r series topline on March 1st,i just hope its as good as the Stralis.
Iwouldn’t mind having a look at the new Stralis which is coming out in April,looked impressive in the Commmercial Motor.

I think the Stralis autobox beats 'em all!

bet its better than the scania!! i thought the r series i had was rubbish!!!

is it me or (despite what im driving) stralis’s will overtake everything on the flat…

Have to agree with you Euromatt,absolutely nothing passed me on the M1 on Friday evening,it was like the proverbial s*** off a shovel!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Never thought I’d say this but I have to agree. I had a Heap Hire 05 430 on thursday running at top wieght. When I got the keys I thought “OH dear” but it grew on me. Excellent use of space, doesn’t roll about as much as some other big cabs, liked the layout with everything to hand and comfortable to drive. The Autobox worked well for both manouvering and mixed driving and it pulled well. All in all a good truck. I swore I wouldn’t touch another Iveco after the auto eurostar I had spent more time in the workshop than on the road but they do seem to have got it right. I would happily drive one but as for buying one I am just not sure as far as longevity… :wink:

That and the fact that Lucy has one… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

now where did I put that tin hat…

I’ve driven a few Stralis recently and I thought it was a decent motor, I’d take one over a Scania any day. There is the added bonus that you won’t get bored while driving it due to the dashboard flashing up various cryptic warnings which help pass the time as you try to figure out what they mean. Bonus number two is the fact it will help promote a healthier lifestyle and give you exercise as it tells you the trailer has no lights/indicators/brake lights and you walk back and forth along the length of the trailer to check.

:wink: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s it’s “character”, Neil. They just like a bit of attention every now and again, is all. Rather like good women. :wink:

In my new job which I start on the 5th March I get a brand new Stralis which I will be double shifting with a day man.

As far as I know its a 420 fairly high spec, this is the first brand new unit I have had in over 20 years of driving, and even jaded old me feels a slight tremor of exitement.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I love em. Having said that was given an 03 DAF last week (night driver got it so i get it by default) and I quite like that not as good as the stralis though.

Lucy:
Rather like good women. :wink:

What? They go on for ages flashing warnings for no apparent reason, then it all goes quite until they eventually breakdown - maybe your right, they are like quite a few women I know :smiling_imp:

:wink:

There is one good thing about them I suppose…

I had a new 430 ActiveSpace demonstrator a few years ago for a few months, and I think that the free clipboard I got with it that fits over the steering wheel is great!

Good strong clip on it, and at the other end it has a bit of bungee cable in it to stop your notes flying about. And it fits on an Actros steering wheel too!

Rest of it was rubbish though. Alarms and buzzers and flashing lights all over every ■■■■■■■ where!

Iveco fitter’s advice - ‘Oh, ignore them - they don’t mean anything.’

Sound advice. :wink:

Agree with Harry gearbox very good always thought I shift was good but Strallis gearbox better .
Steering a bit high geared though,