Unreasonable or not?

thecoder0:

Coffeeholic:

dennisw1:
When we do nights for SOE (now DHL) they do indeed deduct an hours break, but you actually get about 3 hours break, to sleep, read paper what ever. Can’t really complain about that. :laughing:

On days you get your hours. lunch although the other week, it was quiet and i had a four and a half hour lunch break! :laughing:

DHL Hatfield deduct an hours break but on virtually every job I’ve done for them I’ve had a least 3 hours in breaks. On the four days I worked for them this week I had six hours of break each day and it will be potentially the same for six days next week. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Under those circumstances I’m not complaining. :wink: Asda Bedford deduct 45 minutes.

I have worked for a couple of firms that take one hour but insist that you take the hour as your break it is not from a penny pinching angle because I had up to 5 hours on occasions waiting for a load…now to me on nights that is manner from heaven I am tucked up asleep or reading or both and theyb give me a knock when the load is ready …Jeeze how can you moan about that…how many jobs are there out there that would do that.

Its all about balance I think…so if the client wants to take an hour pay to ensure I stay the right side of the law and his Olicence is OK then fine…but after eight hours its time and half happy days :wink:

I’m missing something here. Sitting around for a few hours doing nothing is good?

Mike-C:
I’m missing something here. Sitting around for a few hours doing nothing is good?

Getting paid for doing nothing is fine by me. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Then again I’m not usually doing nothing as I can always find something to do to pass the time.

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

Getting paid for doing nothing is fine by me. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Then again I’m not usually doing nothing as I can always find something to do to pass the time.

Sleeping and getting paid is even better in my book…I used to get wound up about this kind of stuff 10 yrs ago but I can usualy work it round to a profitable situation one way or tuther :wink: :wink:

thecoder0:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

Sleeping and getting paid is even better in my book…I used to get wound up about this kind of stuff 10 yrs ago but I can usualy work it round to a profitable situation one way or tuther :wink: :wink:

I’m exactly the opposite, i used to be happy to sit doing nothing and being paid. But now if i aint working i want to be gone, i don’t think a few hours overtime will have such a big impact on my life now.