Is this unreasonable

I am employed as a day driver and paid 11 hours a day. Never in my life have I had a problem getting up in the morning to be at work for 5 or 6 .
Saturday I was told my job Monday would be 6am tip in Carlisle, for which I would need to be up at 1am to be at work for 2, it being a four hour drive from our depot to Carlisle.
Sunday is my day off and we often go out on Sunday evenings getting home about 10pm.
What would you say to this… :question: :question: :question: :frowning:

i would say just do it it,s not good out there,nothing wrong with giving a bit stick with it.

as it says at the bottom of your page you cannot do enough for a good firm

What it Say’s at the bottom of my posts…

Forgive my cynicism… :imp:

Smee:
Saturday I was told my job Monday would be 6am tip in Carlisle, for which I would need to be up at 1am to be at work for 2, it being a four hour drive from our depot to Carlisle.

Watch the WTD night regs :exclamation: :exclamation:

like you say “can’t do enough” etc,if it’s a one off type job i’d just crack on with it and think of the double time,i’m sure there’s some one else that would in current climate… :wink:

Smee:

Can I go Sunday? :stuck_out_tongue: Double Bubble

andy bolton:
like you say “can’t do enough” etc,if it’s a one off type job i’d just crack on with it and think of the double time,i’m sure there’s some one else that would in current climate… :wink:

Double time… :laughing: …I wish…All we get is an extra £10 if we start before 3, big deal… :angry:

Id do it but id make sure the gaffer knew i wasn`t over the moon. “Bloody hell gaffer i normally go out on a sunday night, no chance of swapping things about a bit?” or words to that effect.

I think VOSA and the HSE would be interested in this… :question:

Wheel Nut:

Smee:

Can I go Sunday? :stuck_out_tongue: Double Bubble

Me too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Smee:
I think VOSA and the HSE would be interested in this… :question:

Why?

To expect a driver to undertake a 360 mile round trip having had less than three hours sleep… :question:

You had fair warning, so it’s your own fault if you don’t get the sleep. That’s transport.

Lucy:
You had fair warning, so it’s your own fault if you don’t get the sleep. That’s transport.

Not entitled to a day 24 hours off then… :question:

Ah, now you’re adding information to it. If you can’t do it legally, that’s a different thing. But if you’ve had your weekly rest off at another time, then no, frankly, you aren’t entitled to random days off.

Perhaps you’d better start again with the WHOLE story, this time.

I will have had my legal weekend break I just think as I said in my first post as a day man this is an unreasonable request… :angry: :angry:

You’ll be finished up for lunchtime… it’s all swings and roundabouts.

In that case, nothing unreasonable about it at all. As I said, that’s transport. Personally, I’d run Sunday, but I’m a tramper anyway. :wink:

Truth be told, at the moment I’d just get on with it and keep in the good books, bearing in mind who’ll be making up the redundancy notices in the new year.

I would like a few more swings and less roundabouts… :angry: