Close

Planned my run perfectly and to take my break at a MSA.
Only problem was it was seemingly the only place in the area with fuel lol. Birchanger services people queuing on the m11 to fill up…
Think it’s the closest I’ve come to going over 4 and a half hours.

Probably get a talking to from Tesco as they don’t like it when you drive past 4 hours 15 minutes.

adam277:
Probably get a talking to from Tesco as they don’t like it when you drive past 4 hours 15 minutes.

Drivers hours rules do not change according to whether or not Tesco likes them. :wink:

I drove past Tibshelf north on Sunday night. I saw a lorry pull in (presumably for a break), and he immediately joined a solid queue on the slip road. Poor sod! It probably took him an hour to get from there to the lorry park.

Harry Monk:

adam277:

Drivers hours rules do not change according to whether or not Tesco likes them. :wink:

Doesn’t stop them creating a form for you to fill in my friend. With these big firms the bureaucracy can be tedious :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway it was my last day on the job so I dont care lol.

This is probably the kind of situation I’d hate most.

Glad I don’t work and never worked for a.company with all that ball.
Same at telematics and stuff no thanks.
If anyone offered me a form to fill I’m when done nothing wrong I’d refuse to sign. It.
And to be awakrd I’d make sure I drive 4 15 as much as possible even if it means driving round the yard for 10 mins.

Even if you did go over, do a printout stating you couldn’t get into the services due to volume of traffic queueing for fuel due to panic buying. Keep DVSA happy, not Tesco

Birchanger is a pain the the pooper at the best of times. I’ve oftened approached it on 4hr 10min (southbound) and taken the A120 east instead, as there are a couple of laybys that’ll take care of you 30/45min break.