Uninsured driver

Hi all
can anyone tell me what I need to do next
was driving along my street in my car when all of a sudden 2 scrotts on a moped came hurtling up a side street and jumped the junction. I understand they had no insurance etc and one got up and ran well hobbled off the other had snapped his leg nd wasnt about to run anywhere. Any tips on what to do next is appreciated

many thanks

I’m tempted to say - jump on the broken leg until he pays !!

I’m no expert on this but I think it’s going to be a repair on your insurance if fully comp.

I have heard of getting some money from a public fund that is set up for this sort of thing but I don’t know anything about it…

am asuming police was called , they should give you a handbook with all the info you need in it , well thats what they did with me .

rog is right there is a system out there that pays for pepole who have no insurance .

was his leg broken during the accident or was it a accident :laughing:

firstly, grab the scrotes and string them up by their testicles :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

secondly, get your insurance company to contact the Motor Insurers Bureau

they deal with this sort of thing, they pay out on behalf of the uninsured, then reclaim the money from them

I suppose that you could always sue the ■■■■■■■,but what happens then,they pay you back at a £1.00 a week ?

must admit Rog was tempted but as he was screaming in pain thought I’d just leave him and called an ambulance after a couple of min. Police did come to the scene and said they would call round some time today with all the info I need but just wondered if anyone had any pointers. Read about the motor insurers bureau and if im not mistaken there is a £300 excess so it might be cheaper with my own insurance £100 excess. Not what i need b4 xmas. never mind it kept a scrote (already tagged)off the street for at least the night !!!

is the moped a complete write off? you could sell it.

yeah I think the moped was goosed I sent it sideways about 30ft along the road
police arranged for it to be recovered

does anyone know if accident management companies would take it on
at the end of the day it was non fault and they do have someone/thing to claim against (motor insurers bureau) :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

jc69817:
must admit Rog was tempted but as he was screaming in pain thought I’d just leave him and called an ambulance after a couple of min. Police did come to the scene and said they would call round some time today with all the info I need but just wondered if anyone had any pointers. Read about the motor insurers bureau and if im not mistaken there is a £300 excess so it might be cheaper with my own insurance £100 excess. Not what i need b4 xmas. never mind it kept a scrote (already tagged)off the street for at least the night !!!

Remember your no-claims though matey, even if you have protected no-claims your policy may still go up. I’d say have a word with your own insurer to define your course of action.

The insurance companies have a department who in the case of uninsured driver’s compensate non-fault motorist’s, the insurance companies then pursue the scroats through the courts to get every penny back, talk to you companie they should point you in the right direction.

Part of your insurance premium goes into a fund to pay for damage caused by uninsured drivers. Another cost we all have to bear for these people.
Although as you said it might have an excess, you or the insurance company could try to sue them, but I doubt you’d ever see much money and the insurance company might decide it’s cheaper not bother. I don’t know if you’d be entitled to anything from the criminal injury compensation board? I think thats only for personal injury.

Try some of those no win no fee cowboys, you have nowt to lose.

Whatever you do, you must contact your own insurance company, even non fault accidents have to be reported in theory, in practice we tend to forget.

You have got a police number, let the insurance company sort it out, you are paying for that anyway in your premiums.

Basically you are screwed. You will have to report this to your insurer and I am sure that you will make it clear where the blame lies. If you are fully comp your insurer will pay for repairs to your car and will try to recover the uninsured losses (your excess and any hire car costs) from the 3rd party.

So far so good but — You will have to pay the excess up front and, if they don’t recover it, you will be out of pocket for the £300. Not only that but you will have used one strike of your NCB protection (if you have it) and your premium will be adjusted (go up) next time to take account of the accident.

Blame is never taken into account in these cases so, whatever happens, you are going to be out of pocket.

The Insurance Bureau covers people like pedestrians who are injured by uninsured drivers. As a law abiding driver the assumption is that you will have your own insurance.

The situation here is much the same as if someone damaged your car and you didn’t catch them.

ROG:

That’s no good. You jump on the good leg. :imp:

peterm:

ROG:

That’s no good. You jump on the good leg. :imp:

agreed then drag the ■■■■ home to his parents and get the coin off of them

Santa:
Basically you are screwed. You will have to report this to your insurer and I am sure that you will make it clear where the blame lies. If you are fully comp your insurer will pay for repairs to your car and will try to recover the uninsured losses (your excess and any hire car costs) from the 3rd party.

So far so good but — You will have to pay the excess up front and, if they don’t recover it, you will be out of pocket for the £300. Not only that but you will have used one strike of your NCB protection (if you have it) and your premium will be adjusted (go up) next time to take account of the accident.

Blame is never taken into account in these cases so, whatever happens, you are going to be out of pocket.

The Insurance Bureau covers people like pedestrians who are injured by uninsured drivers. As a law abiding driver the assumption is that you will have your own insurance.
The situation here is much the same as if someone damaged your car and you didn’t catch them.

incorrect.

the Motor Insurers Bureau will pay out on this claim, it is what it is there for.

i know this for a fact, as i have had dealings with them in the past.

once they have paid out your claim, they will then persue the uninsured through the courts to reclaim the money that they have paid out on your claim.

if they do not pay up, they will get a CCJ against them.

this is fact, not just someone who “thinks” that is what will happen.

shuttlespanker:
the Motor Insurers Bureau will pay out on this claim, it is what it is there for.

The FULL amount of any cost(s) ■■

ROG:

shuttlespanker:

The FULL amount of any cost(s) ■■

yes

An interesting point I discovered whilst working in recovery . . .

If your vehicle/property/person is damaged by a stolen vehicle, but that vehicle has insurance in place through its rightfull owner, then you can claim off that insurance policy. I KNOW this to be a FACT & it’s helped quite a few of my customers who’ve been rudely woken in the small hours as some drunk plays pinball with parked cars on his way home from the pub. It’s totally irrelevant that the owner & insured driver was not or claims not to have been driving at the time, their insurance policy covering 3rd party liability is still in force & any 3rd party can claim from it.

No one tells you this & very few people know of it.

Was the moped owned by someone who had it insured?