Ooooops!

While delivering slabs to a housing estate, I sweved to avoid a kid on a bike who came out between parked cars. I was only travelling about 15mph, I hit the anchors hard and swerved to the nearside. There was a loud crash, i looked in the mirror and the rear of the truck had hit a parked car, which in turn shunted the one in front. :blush:

Gave the bobbies a ring, and they arrived in a few minutes. Traced the owner of one car and set about swapping details. The other car owner arrived and i thought he would blow a gasket, as his car was a possible write-off. The car it had shunted into just had a few scatches and nothing else. As for teh guys car, turned out the guy had no MOT or insurance. Bobbies didnt want the hassle of paper work and advised the guy to get the car in the driveway and forget the whole thing. Bobbies didnt even want to check the tacho!!. :open_mouth:

Anyway the guy phones the gaffer yesterday saying not to worry about the car and it was his own fault for not having MOT or insurance. :laughing: Never did manage to trace the kid.

Wow. Bit of a result eh? At least you didn’t do a runner which worked in your favour.

I suspect the guy with no MOT or Insurance was just relieved not to lose his licence and have the car towed away and crushed as the Police are now able to do.

Conor:
I suspect the guy with no MOT or Insurance was just relieved not to lose his licence and have the car towed away and crushed as the Police are now able to do.

Now the Old Bill has seen how efficiently you crushed it Alba, maybe there will be a job offer in the post soon. :wink: :laughing:

ALBA:
Never did manage to trace the kid.

Have you looked underneath? :open_mouth: :cry:

Typical island bobbie didnt want all the paperwork. No harm done no one injured, so why waste time and paper. As for the kid i could have throttled the wee [zb]. :smiley:

(If it needs stars, or to be miss-spelled, to get past the auto-censor, take that as a clue that it isn’t allowed. Simon) :slight_smile: