Ouch!!

youtube.com/watch?v=3i3s4AK … e=youtu.be

:open_mouth: Hope they catch the bartsteward :imp: good thing the County is just around the corner so not far for the poor sod to go to hospital

Surely they’ve got local ANPR records, fiat 500s aren’t the most common cars going. The likelyhood of them getting away with that is very slim imo.

Who could do something like that though, the speed looked like 45ish to me, lucky he’s still alive.

What I dont get is why they are having to release this “to try to trace the driver”. Check the number plate and the registered address is right there id have thought

The-Snowman:
What I dont get is why they are having to release this “to try to trace the driver”. Check the number plate and the registered address is right there id have thought

I get the impression that the plate isn’t readable from any footage though?

Looking closely at that it looks like it might actually have been a targetted hit.IE why all the speed and the obvious change in direction across to the wrong side of the road.So maybe nicked or dodgy car on false plates. :bulb: :open_mouth:

Carryfast:
Looking closely at that it looks like it might actually have been a targetted hit.IE why all the speed and the obvious change in direction across to the wrong side of the road.So maybe nicked or dodgy car on false plates. :bulb: :open_mouth:

The car has been recovered according to the local news, driver still not found.

Martin:

Carryfast:

The car has been recovered according to the local news, driver still not found.

Was the car reported stolen before the incident?
If not, then surely they only have to find the owner of the car…

The guy didn’t even flinch-look-right as he crossed, as if a last-minute noise warned of imminent impact. This implies the car didn’t even start to brake before ploughing him.

all i can say is the driver is an oxygen thief and should be banned from driving for life, as well as spending some time in the big house

Wonder if it’s an elderly driver who didn’t even know they’d hit anyone? Not even a flicker of brake light.

Surely that taxi is easily traced, and probably has a dash-cam?? If not more CCTV on the buildings?

Whatever the outcome, you can guarantee they probably will get one year in jail max. Looks a hell of an impact to me, the guy is lucky to be alive.

Bystanders look like a right bunch too. :unamused:

bazza123:
Wonder if it’s an elderly driver who didn’t even know they’d hit anyone? Not even a flicker of brake light.

Surely that taxi is easily traced, and probably has a dash-cam?? If not more CCTV on the buildings?

well they would have to deaf as well as blind then , the poor guy must of hit the car 3 or 4 times, and even if it was a window licker they should still get punished being senile isn’t a excuse imo

Now it could be an illegal immigrant they like to do hit and runs , no licence ,insurance never mind passport or ID , in which case some time in the big house amongst some known racists , then deportation without exception , that’s if they survive without topping themselves

tommy t:

bazza123:

well they would have to deaf as well as blind then , the poor guy must of hit the car 3 or 4 times, and even if it was a window licker they should still get punished being senile isn’t a excuse imo

Now it could be an illegal immigrant they like to do hit and runs , no licence ,insurance never mind passport or ID , in which case some time in the big house amongst some known racists , then deportation without exception , that’s if they survive without topping themselves

Maybe, my money is still on an elderly driver though.

The video has been removed :frowning:

It’s still up on a different thread Tacho.

DJC:
Surely they’ve got local ANPR records, fiat 500s aren’t the most common cars going.

Really? Where have you been the last few years :laughing: They are one of the biggest selling cars they are everywhere loads of them.

eagerbeaver:
It’s still up on a different thread Tacho.

Thanks, it’s been posted on other YouTube channels to, looks like they’ve arrested the culprits now anyway.

Two people arrested over Brighton hit and run

Who’s yer money on now Bazza ?

I did not see any passers by doing any first aid to the victim, nobody checked for airway,breathing and circulation.
No neck support in case of broken vertebrae.

peterm:
Who’s yer money on now Bazza ?

Fair enough.

You can see my point though? My dad was in a supermarket about ten years ago when an elderly lady ran over a small boy who was dragged under the car for some distance across the car park. People ended up hammering on the car to stop her as she hadn’t realised what had happened. There have also been similar cases where husbands have run over their wives getting in the car or granddads running over grandchildren behind the car. Pretty tragic and preventable by reviewing driving standards amongst the elderly.

I realise now this seems to not be relevant in this case however. :wink:

Bazza. I’m always going on about the elderly driver thing. It’s just that I reckon most of them that do stupid things could probably never drive in the first bloody place. You should see 'em round here where I live. Talk about waiting for god. :open_mouth: I’ve got two cameras in my car since moving here. One forward and one to the rear. Waiting for DD to jump on that.

Toby. You’re right, they all just seemed to wander around as though he had nowt more serious than a splinter. There was one old boy picking things up, and I thought he was nicking stuff. :slight_smile: I hope the ■■■■■■■■ in the car get what’s coming to 'em.