1st Accident

had my first today and what a horrible feeling it is - 3 witnesses stopped and gave me their backing one of them an off duty police officer - the guy that hit me had no witnesses but was sure it was my fault so he phoned the police when they arrived - my new pal the off duty policeman :laughing: had a word and all was well.

good news - no one was hurt - the bmw has a massive dent that he owner wont forget and my axor is off the road for a day with a broken step - hope i get a volvo off the rental company tomorrow :laughing: .

bad news - need to fill in hundreds of forms :imp: for a company investigation , and my manger says i’ll probs need a driving assessment :unamused: why FFS ive got 3 witnesses.

but im willing to say right now that it is impossible to go threw life without having an accident because there are just too many stupid idiots on the road.

do you agree?

at least your ok mate and so is the other driver. You have the witnesses and it wasnt your fault… I had two in two days last year lol. 1st one i rear ended a tractor who had no lights and then on the recovery truck home he hit a low bridge and totally destroyed the van… will post pics if people r interested

stick them up mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I bent a metal gate post at some council offices only one witness a off duty copper, seems like theirs always one around when you have an accident

I’m glad no-one was hurt and you all think that I am being pedantic but I hate the word ‘accident’ - to me it implies that no-one was at fault which in over 95% of cases is untrue - most ‘incidents’ or ‘crashes’ are the fault of one or more drivers.

Rant over for today :laughing: :laughing:

I had 2 scrapes in 2 weeks recently, both were (off the record) my fault :blush: :blush: , not nice, but it happens, bit harsh the assessment though :open_mouth: .

1st accidents always the worst.

i had mine not soo long ago, though luckily it was just me and a skip having an argument…

and the skip won.

broken indicator and fibreglass fromt he front. no biggy really and the council wernt tooo bothered.

ROG:
I’m glad no-one was hurt and you all think that I am being pedantic but I hate the word ‘accident’ - to me it implies that no-one was at fault which in over 95% of cases is untrue - most ‘incidents’ or ‘crashes’ are the fault of one or more drivers.

here we go again with the world according to ROG,
If your walking down the high Street and some bumps in to you do you have to blame them or yourself.

It’s the same when 2 vehicles come in contact. The only people who want someone to blame is the insurance companies.

I hate the words Institute of Advanced Motoring, it implies that every other driver apart from them is inadequate.

You are so ■■■■■■■ pompous you make my blood boil

look at the adverts on tv ‘had an accident at work claim now’ if it was an accident no one is to blame so who the hell can they claim against■■?

glad no one was hurt post pics if possible.
Accident, incident or collision does it really matter rog.

Hi Okey. The correct term for an road accident is a road traffic collision.

As Rog so quite rightly in my opinion says an RTC is 95% someones fault.

The typical answers after an RTC are “I didn’t see it” or "They came from nowhere. Of course something can’t come from nowhere.

The point is they probably weren’t looking for it in the first place. :slight_smile:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

ROG:

here we go again with the world according to ROG,
If your walking down the high Street and some bumps in to you do you have to blame them or yourself.

It’s the same when 2 vehicles come in contact. The only people who want someone to blame is the insurance companies.

I hate the words Institute of Advanced Motoring, it implies that every other driver apart from them is inadequate.

You are so [zb] pompous you make my blood boil

Rog is one of the most articulate and erudite posters around here…
…that’s why, to you, he appears to be pompous.

206Doorman:
Rog is one of the most articulate and erudite posters around here…
…that’s why, to you, he appears to be pompous.

And succeeding in weeding out those that talk from thier arse is a speciality. :laughing:

What is it with BMW drivers, are they all complete tossers or is it just the ones i come across. I can’t be only one to think this.

Why do you all say “glad no one was hurt”.
It would be better for everyone apart from the NHS nurses if the BMW driver was in hospital.

Better luck next time. :wink:

i’m with odd on this one. By definition every accident is caused by someones actions or inactions so the word accident shouldn’t exist but it does. It explains in simple terms that he’s had a bad day but will hopefully get a better truck for a few days.

gogzy:
1st accidents always the worst

1st accident is always the worst :open_mouth: , just how many accidents do you have in mind :question:

I must be going wrong somewhere, been driving since 1968 and still haven’t had ‘my 1st accident’

Rog, perhaps you could give me some advice so that I can really enjoy my 1st accident.

Any tips appreciated :smiley:

Tiger.

I actually enjoyed my 1st accident, as it involved 2 rather gorgeous young blondes who drove into my under-run bar.

The driver admitted fault, and we then had a good chuckle and plenty of banter during the ‘exchange of details’.

I therefore recommend collisions with softness,especially the really
pleasant-to-look-at ones!

:cry: sympathies 0447,as we work for the same co(different depots)i understand the bs involved,it will be your fault,company policy deems all drivers are to blame for accidents?the new line is"you should have forseen the events unfolding prior to the incident,and took defensive actions to avoid the circumstances you put yourself in"?..in the world of the driver…sign the form,nod your head,forget all about it :smiley: at least youll get a soft day when being reprogrammed…sorry retrained
regards 0452 :wink:

Fastrantiger:

gogzy:
1st accidents always the worst

1st accident is always the worst :open_mouth: , just how many accidents do you have in mind :question:

I must be going wrong somewhere, been driving since 1968 and still haven’t had ‘my 1st accident’

Rog, perhaps you could give me some advice so that I can really enjoy my 1st accident.

Any tips appreciated :smiley:

Tiger.

Sounds like he will have a smashing time on the road from now on :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Do you think that driver should publicise on this forum where he is going for the week ahead every week, what lorry he is driving reg etc so if we see him we can either swerve off the road or pull the ejecter seat if you havent got the armour plated ‘battle’ truck that week… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :question:

Looking forward to ROG’s reply,… :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Merc0447,he drives a BMW and you drive a truck.Obviously your fault!!
Have you not read a BMW handbook??
What were you doin in lane three,the BMW lane anyway?? :laughing: