Can anyone recommend

a good accident and sickness insurance policy please ■■

Suffered a broken leg last December and as I’m still off I’m not getting paid any longer, just SSP which is a joke . I want to cover myself so that if anything similar happens I’m not financially screwed .

Thanx in advance

I have a couple first is a private thing I can’t think off the name but can look it up if u want I pay £7 ish a month covers me for broken limbs loss off earnings not alot thou it pays £50 a day if your off over a certain ammount off time if I brake my arm for instance I get £350 straight away that sort off thing it includes £100 for every night I have to stay in a hospital and after 10 years regardless if you’ve claimed you get 50% off the ammount you’ve paid back In a lump some. Secondly I have a legal and general(name off insurer) insurance on my mortgage pays for time off work not a bloody lot again and towards mortgage but more importantly if I had a smash tommo and died then my mortgage is cleared plus my next off Kin gets a £10000 pay out so shell have that and our home without a mortgage and I pay roughly £25 a month for that the first one I mentioned I’ve had since I was 19 a rep came up our yard so in 3 years time ill get 50% back from what I’ve paid which will only come to £400 odd pound but better than a slap In the face Ill dig the name out if its off any interest to you.

Cheers Karl , feel free to pm if you could :sunglasses:

Did you get the pm not sure if it sent?

why pm?

that info could help others :unamused:

Didn’t get your pm Karl , and Wayne , if He chooses to post on here thats fine too .

I’ve got a couple of policies with April Insurity, total each month is about £45. Not needed to claim yet but I’m off to the dentist next week. They pay the total amount so I’ll be visiting the dentist for free.

Here goes again then :slight_smile:

The personal accident plan I was talking about is with combined insurance. I pay £12 A month and with this get £500 for broken bones which excludes fingers, nose,teeth and ribs. It pays £100 for every over night hospital stay limited upto 1000 nights. It then pays a rehabilitation off £100 a day as long as you are unable to work due to the injury this is a bit confusing in the terms though as it pays a minimum off 5 days or the amount off days you were kept in hospital which ever is greater, and there is a £10,000 lump some pay out to your estate incase off your death. After 10 years I thought you got 50% off all your premium paid back in one lump some however It’s actually 25% which is still better than nothing there’s not many insurance companies that will give you anything back. I’ve had this 7/8 years since i was 18ish and haven’t made a claim so as far as paying out on anything I couldn’t say what they’re like with that. The other I have is with legal and general but is on my mortgage it covers loss off earnings through injury or illness but for only a certain amount off time but I took it more for the fact if i snuffed it tomorrow my mortgage is paid and my house would be left to who ever I registered the policy to(my mum and dad) plus they wouldn’t have to pay inheritance tax and again there is a £10,000 lump payout to my next off Kin but this costs about £33 a month. I hope this is off some help cause it took me bloody ages digging all the crap out :slight_smile: good luck on your recovery.

You should carefully consider the true value of these policies. Most of us would never qualify for a claim so the premium is lost money.

I suggest that you should put as much as you can into an ISA wher it will be available for a rainy day, but if if doesn’t rain - the money is still yours.

This would be a good idea too I max my isa out every year but then I have only me and my fiancée to look after(who works full time also) I imagine by the time we have a family the days off being able to save my money will be long gone lol.

Karl , thanks for taking the time , appreciate it mate and will be looking at that today , along with the ISA idea that Santa has mentioned .

perhaps if you were more careful, and not so much of a clumsy oaf, you wouldn’t fall off your push bike and break your leg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hush you !!

Haven’t you got a Scania to finish building ■■

:grimacing: :grimacing:

No probs glad to help does sound like you need stabilisers rather than insurance tho lol

Santa:
You should carefully consider the true value of these policies. Most of us would never qualify for a claim so the premium is lost money.

I suggest that you should put as much as you can into an ISA wher it will be available for a rainy day, but if if doesn’t rain - the money is still yours.

Totally agree with this, far better to save then you can spend it on what ever you want and have instant access, i’d always be worried about paying in 50quid a month to find when i really need the help they wont cough up.

Get rid of the bike ya spaz!!!
Seriously I’ve looked for something like this although we stop getting paid after 6 months so not too bad, but because I play Rugby I’m a liability apparently…although in 40 years its not stopped me from working…