Uninsured cars OK I know it is the wromg forum but

outside my house is a car that is showing as “uninsured”. It was been reported to the police 2 months ago.
I reported again last night. :smiley: When I got home tonight, it is still there :open_mouth:
I phoned the police again and was told

It will be dealt with in due course :question:

So If you have a car with no insurance, then I suggest you park it in Somerset :smiley: :smiley:

ooops how did I spill that petrol on that car…oh darn, it caught fire from my cigarette :wink: problem solved.

Thinking about that lol

It’s not going to be a priority to remove it is it?

Is the car secure? Try reporting that ‘kids’ have gotten inside & released the handbrake. It’ll be gone within 2hrs.

Window through,release handbrake, push out of way, report to police that a vandalised car has been abondoned in your street, soon gone. :slight_smile:

If car is abandoned, which after 2 months it probably is, then its a local authority issue not police. Check your local council website.

Start here:

somerset.gov.uk/irj/public/s … %20vehicle

dowahdiddyman:
Window through,release handbrake, push out of way, report to police that a vandalised car has been abondoned in your street, soon gone. :slight_smile:

just use boltcutters and snip handbrake if it was me after couple of months if it was still there i would in cover of dark remove said car and strip it for parts

SWEDISH BLUE:
So If you have a car with no insurance, then I suggest you park it in Somerset :smiley: :smiley:

what is your postcode :smiling_imp:

SWEDISH BLUE:
outside my house is a car that is showing as “uninsured”. It was been reported to the police 2 months ago.
I reported again last night. :smiley: When I got home tonight, it is still there :open_mouth:
I phoned the police again and was told

It will be dealt with in due course :question:

I assume you think it’s got no insurance according to ASKMID?

If so you could be wrong as there is no legal obligation for the insurance company to put it on there. So it could be insured but not on the database hence the reason it’s still there.

Martin:
If car is abandoned, which after 2 months it probably is, then its a local authority issue not police. Check your local council website.

Start here:

somerset.gov.uk/irj/public/s … %20vehicle

That’s the way to do it, if the car is uninsured and not registered to that house the plod wont be interested, if they haven’t “got a body,” they will leave it to the council or DVLA

While its illegal to drive an uninsured vehicle is it illegal to keep it on public road providing its taxed ? or are you upset because its outside your house?

Sounds like a curtain twitching busybody to me.

raymundo:
While its illegal to drive an uninsured vehicle is it illegal to keep it on public road providing its taxed ? or are you upset because its outside your house?

yes, and they’ve even brought out new rules that mean you must SORN an uninsured car.

But, as others have said, if it was just a database check, it might well be insured, my classic policy never showed up on there, which I found out when I tried to tax my car online.

If you used AskMID I hope you paid as its not YOUR vehicle least give the person what owns the car pleasure of having in information sold to joe public