Insured or not?

Found this on another forum, IF you have any doubts over someone having insurance you can check here !

askmid.com/askmid.aspx

mine is, just checked.

same here :laughing:

Excellent Find

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good one

says my Corsa 1 litre with furry dice :frowning:

is in fact a

Porsche 911 :smiley:

Magic find - now in My Favourites :smiley:

Magic find,

By the look of it I am ok if everybody in the street bar 1 runs into me.

There’s been a lot of talk of that site on another private forum I’m a member of. I won’t go into details on a public site like this, but suffice to say that if you’re driving around uninsured and you check your vehicle reg on that site, you’ll regret it ! This is not hear say either. It is believed that the site has been specifically set up to catch uninsured drivers. :open_mouth:

There’s been a lot of talk of that site on another private forum I’m a member of. I won’t go into details on a public site like this, but suffice to say that if you’re driving around uninsured and you check your vehicle reg on that site, you’ll regret it ! This is not hear say either. It is believed that the site has been specifically set up to catch uninsured drivers.

I hope so too. Why should we all pay extra so people who don’t bother to take out insurance get away with it.

I think that people who drive illegally should be punished with the full might of the law.

After all would you want them running into you or your family■■?

I’ve just checked our cars and my bike and they’ve all come up Green… :sunglasses:

However, my “Hill Hire” Lorry at work has come up as: “YJ06 *** is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today”.

I seriously doubt that the company I work for would have me or anyone else drive around in uninsured vehicles… I’ve checked some of the others and most come up as okay, but two or three are still coming up as not on the database.

I wonder how accurate it is? :neutral_face:

I’ve just read this on that ASKMID site:

ASKMID:
For private individuals it is the responsibility of the insurance provider to get details of a policy or changes on MID within 14 days of the effective date.

For company vehicles it is the responsibility of the policy holder to ensure that their company vehicle details are provided for MID. To find out more about this please contact your insurance provider.

So, do all insurance policies have to be on this database??

I’m getting a bit worried because my work vehicle isn’t on it… :open_mouth:

Iggy:
However, my “Hill Hire” Lorry at work has come up as: “YJ06 *** is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today”.

I seriously doubt that the company I work for would have me or anyone else drive around in uninsured vehicles… I’ve checked some of the others and most come up as okay, but two or three are still coming up as not on the database.

Could be a simple typing error ie the zero of the 06 could have been entered on the database as an O.

mrpj:

Iggy:

Could be a simple typing error ie the zero of the 06 could have been entered on the database as an O.

Tried that…

Being a hire lorry, I’m getting a bit concerned…

I would be really suprised if it wasn’t insured. I’ll ask my TM in the morning, but I suspect I’ll get a " yeap, it’s insured, now off you go…"

Iggy:

mrpj:

Iggy:

Tried that…

I would be really suprised if it wasn’t insured. I’ll ask my TM in the morning, but I suspect I’ll get a " yeap, it’s insured, now off you go…"

How long has it been at your company? It could just be that the details haven’t made it to the database yet. Your boss likely has a fleet policy and will advise the insurers of any new vehicles to be added to it. The fact it isn’t showing on the database doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t insured.

Coffeeholic:

Iggy:

mrpj:

Iggy:

Tried that…

How long has it been at your company? It could just be that the details haven’t made it to the database yet. Your boss likely has a fleet policy and will advise the insurers of any new vehicles to be added to it. The fact it isn’t showing on the database doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t insured.

I’ve had it for about two months. It’s got an O Licence disc in the window and I think it has been with them for a while before i got it.

How does an agency driver ask the TM to see an insurance policy without being a pain in the neck about it?? :confused:

Iggy:
How does an agency driver ask the TM to see an insurance policy without being a pain in the neck about it?? :confused:

Even seeing the policy you would be none the wiser. A fleet insurance certificate won’t have each individual truck reg on it. Is it taxed? If so how recent was it last taxed as you can’t tax it without insurance?

im worried insured my car yesterday and its saying not on database :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth: :confused:

fozzie, according to another article about this database, it can take up to 14 days to update vehicle details.
which is a problem if you are checked by the police using ANRS as the police will accept the word of the computer.
If I was you I would carry the insurance docs with me untill it appears on the database.

Coffeeholic:

Iggy:

Even seeing the policy you would be none the wiser. A fleet insurance certificate won’t have each individual truck reg on it. Is it taxed? If so how recent was it last taxed as you can’t tax it without insurance?

The vehicle is taxed. I’m pretty sure it’s insured too, they operate about thirty LGV’s so they have probably got fleet cover as you said Coffeeholic…

I’ll find out next time I go through an ANPR camera…

Ben9:

There’s been a lot of talk of that site on another private forum I’m a member of. I won’t go into details on a public site like this, but suffice to say that if you’re driving around uninsured and you check your vehicle reg on that site, you’ll regret it ! This is not hear say either. It is believed that the site has been specifically set up to catch uninsured drivers.

I hope so too. Why should we all pay extra so people who don’t bother to take out insurance get away with it.

I think that people who drive illegally should be punished with the full might of the law.

After all would you want them running into you or your family■■?

i agree in a way with what your saying but theres also the argument that if the ins companies did sensible qoutes then more people would insure there cars, not all granted but more .
1,300 pounds to insure a 1.0 nissan micra in my opinion is taking the ■■■■, we went for about the lowest group car i could get, but as soon as i put my 17 year old ■■■■■■■ it it went up over a 1,000 pounds , yes i know shes a learner , only 17 , but shes not your average boy racer is she.
set the premiums as a sensible level and i believe a lot more would insure the car
as a added note we were going to upgrade [ dont laugh] to a ford ka [luxury] 1.3, the insurance wanted a extra 400 pounds .
as i say to me someone should look at the insurance companies and the rip off premiums as well as the non insured driver i.m.h.o , there both criminals