Road insurrance

just watched the news there and it was giving out the figures for drivers that don’t have insurrance.something like 5% in wales,25% in england, and germany who have the lowest with 0.2%.in germany they have a small badge which is placed on the number plate which is supplied by the authorities.this show’s the police that the driver of the car has his/her road insurrance and is legal.do you think that this could work over here in the uk and other countries.taking into account of the % of non insured drivers over here. :question:

Thats why we have the tax disc.

Better if you are caught without insurance your car WILL be crushed. simply enforced and no arguments. same with no driving licence

ralliesport:

How does that work then?

I can buy a car with 11and half months tax and drive it without insurance :exclamation:

In Europe every country have either the badge on the plates or an insurance sticker.

If you buy a car it doesnt have number plates

Rules do my head in!

Rules cost us the punters money, we have enough rules already!

Funny thing is it was the police’s job to make the roads safe at one point, and we pay the police! Should we now pay a clerk and computer expert to do the job because the police are too busy taking care of other stupid rules?

Abolish the car tax and replace it with insurance disks, then I may agree! but more! NEVER!

ralliesport:

Better if you are caught without insurance your car WILL be crushed. simply enforced and no arguments. same with no driving licence

but no insurrance = no tax disc :question: so please explain your answer ralliesport :confused:

Well you shouldnt be able too. If you buy a car you have to supply your own insurance doc.

Granted it can only be for a few days. But all you need to do is tighten up the tax disc rules making it run out in the same month as your tax & insurance ending at the end of every month along with mot.

That way everyone will know you have a valid mot & insurance without all the extra cost of a similar system.

Im not saying it is working properly now but it can be

Why should good law abiding drivers have to ■■■■ about even more than they do now?

Its a right royal pain in the arse getting a tax disk with post offices always full, so we now have to ■■■■ about sorting our insurance to agree with the tax disk that was enough hassle to get in the 1st place!

Is it any wonder why some drivers never bother get any?

why?

With computers you could get it through the post from the DVLA once you have registered your mot & insurance with them.

I sometimes think the cavemen had an easier life than us modern men! :open_mouth: …at least they didn’t have to go to the post office! :smiling_imp:

TC:
I sometimes think the cavemen had an easier life than us modern men! :open_mouth: …at least they didn’t have to go to the post office! :smiling_imp:

thats cause they didn’t have any tc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you know what you’re doing you can (illegally) have a fake 12 month tax disc of the latest design which also works with the latest tax evasion cameras and also fake fully comp insurance complete with the bit of paper saying so and is also registered on the main vehicle computer should the plod of DVLA want to check. It’s only if they REALLY delve deeply that they’ll discover it’s fake. Generally speaking, the plod nor the DVLA even bother to look any further as they’re both already pushed to the limit to meet targets on other things.

As a bit of a rogue myself, I know exactly where to get both of the above too but it’ll cost you £100 for 12 months tax and insurance ticket, however that’s obviously a £70 odd saving on tax alone, never mind what the real insurance costs would be. Personally, although I have good level of confidence that I won’t prang someone or something myself, I don’t have confidence in other people not pranging me so I prefer proper cover for my own peace of mind thanks. The £100 ‘fee’ is dependent on you having a genuine current MoT certificate however.

It’s incredibly easy and simple to drive about on fake reg plates too without attracting any attention whatsoever. :confused:

Not that I would condone any of these things.

Cheers.

kitkat:
thats cause they didn’t have any tc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My point exactly!

Ban Post offices! we will all live happly ever after! :wink:

TC:

kitkat:

My point exactly!

are you trying to raise the unemployment in the uk tc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have allways thought that it seemed a bit suspicous what length the plod go to to enforce tax disc evasion, when they dont seem to go half as keen on insurance. Maybe i’m looking the wrong way but the government pick up the road tax cash, where private companies pick up the insurance money. Now i think its a far worse crime not to have insurance than it is not to have road tax. One is robbing the government :laughing: the other could, for example leave a family on the bread line, if their bread winner is taken from them by an unisured driver. Money cant replace your loved ones, but its something that maybe could be taken care of.
Uninsured drivers want to be hit wiht far greater penalties than tax dodgers in MHO.

TC:

The Post Office must agree with you I think judging by the number they are closing.

Banks and Post Offices are two places I very rarely visit these days, banking is all done on line and I print my stamps as well now. Most of the forms that the post office supply for one thing or another can be found online for download as well. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

TC:

The Post Office must agree with you I think judging by the number they are closing.

Banks and Post Offices are two places I very rarely visit these days, banking is all done on line and I print my stamps as well now. Most of the forms that the post office supply for one thing or another can be found online for download as well. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

is there a scam going on here neil that we’re missing out on,printing your own stamps :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No scam Jim, you still have to pay the Post Office for the stamps, you do that online, then print them.

Coffeeholic:
No scam Jim, you still have to pay the Post Office for the stamps, you do that online, then print them.

and you can design your own stamps !!

Half a mile from where I live a dealer parks a new & unregisterd vehicle on the grass verge a few hundred yards from his forecourt, its signed with buy this vehicle for £x per day & driven there & left there without even a trade plate being used.
When the DVLA were doing one of thier no road tax purges in the area they did press interviews were they said “no exceptions”, no tax & you loose your vehicle. So I contacted them on the free phone number & reported the vehicle.
Result it was there before, during & after the campaign & it was only private vehicles that got crushed.
If people having no road tax & thus insurance was a problem why do the police use cameras which cannot catch unregisterd owners ?. It is a proven fact that more drivers who use vehicles without road tax & insurance are not only unlicenced but also very often involved in other crimes as well.
Genuine purges against drivers with out road tax, the most visable sign of no insurance, also very often result in arrest rates for other non motoring offences increasing too.