unemployed

just wondering how many are jobless on here.

neil46:
just wondering how many are jobless on here.

well im working for a fella but only worked tues but nothing rest of week.

i’ve not worked since sept 07 :cry:

biggusdickusgb:

Are you an agency driver? how can people afford to depend on those
cowboys to put the food on the table?

Why do people stay with agencies and not look for a full time job or
are they with agencies while looking for full time employment?

Sorry so many questions but hopefully someone will enlighten me :smiley:

Not worked as a driver since September.

Signed up with 4 agencies, got an interview with another on Friday.
Had several job interviews, written to, rung round and turned up at the doors of all the haulage companies within 45 minutes drive of my house to no avail so far.

Had to take 10 days work in as a git in a suit flying round Asia last week just to put some food on the table and keep the bailiffs out the house.

Not enjoying the way things are going at the moment, but I know I’m doing everything I can to get work, so just got to keep trying.

Alex

olz69:

biggusdickusgb:

Consider yourself enlightened

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25374
Grab a coffee cos its a long read

As from monday will prob be on a 2 day week…

If I’m lucky :laughing:

olz69:

biggusdickusgb:

sorry olz69, most on here know i’ve been ill
i posted tongue in cheek, sorry

been out since aug 1 full week in between then and now. I signed with 10 agencies now. People sign with them cos the aren’t full time jobs going like they use to it’s all though agencies 9 times out of ten anyway. Applied to every job advert every companie in yorkshire and further. Even gone to the joke of a job centre to sign on i’m not racists but they get more than i’m entitled to a mortgage two kids one newborn and a missus and they think 67 quid every two weeks is enough (wish gordon brown was is the position like most on here). Any way rant over sorry to bore everyone.

Last bloke I worked for turned out to be a cowboy, so that didn’t last long. Overall had several months, no work.

biggusdickusgb:

olz69:

biggusdickusgb:

sorry olz69, most on here know i’ve been ill
i posted tongue in cheek, sorry

I do beg your pardon,i am sorry i never knew.

redgoldfish.co.uk/jsviewjob. … sectors=36, 32&region=101&jtype=0&keywords=&offset=

any help to you steve07

Not worked since March 07 :unamused: :unamused:

cheers neil cv sent see what they say? only prob’s i have is the age at 24 with two years exp it’s the age they say no to. thank you again for the link.

im unemployed and really down about it at the moment.well not really unemployed,im working in a shop and ive never worked inside before and its killing me.being treated like a muppet but ive got to put food on the table for the kids so ive got to bite my lip.i class myself as unemployed not havinga driving job.really scared im going to get stuck in a rut though.lets hope not

Respect to you for taking it clarkyboy. It is a helluva shock to the system being cooped up all day, done it meself. Stick with it mate, like you say it puts food on the table, and believe me it’s a lot easier to get a better job if you’re working to start with. Employers like to see that, shows you’re flexible and willing to adapt.

Good luck mate.

any of these any good to you CLARKYBOY
http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/Results

(Edited to reduce that ridiculously long url :slight_smile: . Simon)

if you aint got enough coming in
sign on at joke centre
tell everyone who you owe money too that your not working at present
and you will have to pay less

go yellow label shopping :laughing:

I have been unemployed now for 4 weeks was working in holland before i left!!

Came back to where i live with all the agencies telling me to sign up as they had lots of work!!!

I now have been round every haulier and agency within a 45 min drive to be told there not employing at the mo due to current financial situation!!

I have an interview tomorrow in a bar for minimum wage but work is work and atleast i will be eaning while looking for something else!!!

Seems as if i am lucky compared to others.

I’m with three agencies, one agency just does supermarket work, i can’t stand the job so not been doing it, but they still seem busy.

Other agency my prefered one which pays really good rates, they go general work and ive not heard anything from them in a few months, i’m friendly with the boss there so guess there is no work.

Third agency has a contract with big national firm, working with them,doing night trunks. Usually this time of year can pick and choose your shifts always got something. Not the case anymore, ok usually get at least 3 shifts 30 hours but big slow down compared to previous years.

The third agency always dies a death after the new year, usually go on holiday see some friends over in the California for a month then come back Feb and usually get steadish work.

This year not bothering can see it being a very slow year till the summer, so concentrating on paying off my debts just now and trying to save some money for the new year and try get some full time job even if its away from trucking.