uk or euro????

do i stay on my highly paid trolley dolly job at the co-op or do i go back on european? do i need a psychiatrist?? or just a wet slap with a cold fish?? :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

stay put …go abroad on holiday with the extra dough you earn…euro work is a lame duck …ok for someone who aint been yet

hitch:
stay put …go abroad on holiday with the extra dough you earn…euro work is a lame duck …ok for someone who aint been yet

Why is it??

the number of uk hauliers of doing export from the uk has declined by 70% in 7 years and unless you know something i dont …it will not rise for the foreseeable future…all the new eu countries will be looking for loads from the uk after they have delivered there light bulbs ,clothes ,tyres, shoes,computers (ireland will lose all computer work over the next few years) etc etc

I know what you mean JB@RH

Everybody who has done European gets this idea that the grass is greener at home until we do it!

I miss the weekends away with a decent bunch of lads, I miss the places we drove to and the different attitude of people to Truck drivers. I keep looking for the ideal job but they are few and far between now.
I know we shouldn’t look backwards but before the tunnel opened and the queue on the stairs at Dover was longer than Operation Stack it was a less pressured job! :stuck_out_tongue: GSM Mobile phones dont help either! :slight_smile:

When I first drove “over watter” I called the office after a couple of days and they told me not to ring till I was tipped unless I had been captured. Now they call you every 30 minutes to see when you will arrive on a 30+ hour hit

Probably better with a small family company then anyone with LOGISTIC in its name! :wink:

do i need a psychiatrist?? or just a wet slap with a cold fish??

both :laughing: :laughing:

Driving all over Europe is something I never did, I had the opportunity but turned it down as I was about to emmigrate over here. I hope that when I return home there will still be opportunities to do Europe, I have always envied the UK drivers going over the water.

JONBOY@RH:
do i stay on my highly paid trolley dolly job at the co-op or do i go back on european? do i need a psychiatrist?? or just a wet slap with a cold fish?? :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

ITCHY FEET, ITCHY FEET LA-LA-LA-LAH… :laughing:

id go euro i used to do benalux and really enjoyed it but i did pack it in cuz of the wage and what i had to do to earnit .its nice being home every day but i do miss it . just dont tell my mrs :laughing: :sunglasses:

I would go back on european :smiley: i think its got a better atmosphere,better in general. :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
When I first drove “over watter” I called the office after a couple of days and they told me not to ring till I was tipped unless I had been captured. Now they call you every 30 minutes to see when you will arrive on a 30+ hour hit

Depends who you work for, I speak to the office on average once or twice a week and some weeks I have no contact with them from leaving the yard to returning. They know if they don’t hear from me all is going to plan and they will be the first to know when it’s not. :smiley: Mind you it has taken me a while to get them trained like that. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

JonBoy, it’s got to be European you know it’s easier and better than UK work. :smiley:

JONBOY@RH:

I’d say do what makes YOU happy, and not what anybody else thinks you aught to be doing.

Mal.

thanks everyone… clear as mud now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You have a medical condition known as truck driving. There is no help from the NHS and even running a few hours down the road in a supermarket trolley is no subsitute to the real thing, even if the pay and conditions are better. What would you rather alchol free lager (no hangover, no need to appologise to everybody the next day etc) or real beer.

pros and cons for stopping at co-op.

1. very very easy work
  2. 498 top line wage every week
  3. i know what i`m doing when the wtd comes in(THATS AN IMPORTANT ONE)
  4. no worrying about ethnic minorities climbing in the back of my fridge!!
  5. seeing my rugrats more than once a fortnight/month etc…
    THE CONS
  6. I had a bloke in our yard tell me how to get to the dartford crossing(and use a dart tag :laughing: ) the other night…
  7. as per robk`s post ITCHY ITCHY FEET :laughing:
  8. im only 35.... still got some partying to do in carisio/campogalliano/victors burgos etc etc etc.... :laughing: :laughing: all joking aside though, im going to try and stick it out on here because the conditions are spot on. DRIVERS EH! NEVER HAPPY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JONBOY@RH:

what was wrong with rh :question: there look to still do a lot of work and most of the drivers still seem to be british :exclamation:

£6 per hour jonboy. i`ve done tilt work for the last ten years and had enough of stripping the roof out to load steel/machinery etc. very good lads on there, but the euro work is 99% done by estonians now. i left on a good note so the boss said i could always go back if i changed my mind :open_mouth: :wink: (oh and the 80+ hrs a week were getting me down a bit :laughing: :laughing: )

i know how you feel i do boring supermarket work and hanker after going abroad again,still i`m taking the family to jesolo in the car in july to amuse myself,may go back when the kids grow up :wink:

jon

theres is theme running here im the same as you guys job or family .family won the guy my brother inlaw works for has offered me a job doin benalux with a fridge and a 530 topliner but its only £6 a day more than what im getting know and im home every day and have all weekend off :laughing:

Go for European work and BETTER THAN IN UK WORK!!! :smiling_imp: