Euro all heroes

Hi Guys,
I have a question, but firstly my hat goes off to all you euro truckers that put up with being camped on the M20. I dont know how you all get by with little food/water and going for a dump in a plastic bag… whole other story.

Anyway I was wondering that when your stacked are you technically “resting” or on POA? and when do you change from one to the other?. I was looking at euro work but this whole thing with operation stack and illegals clinging to your wing mirrors does not appeal. Once again we owe you guys a debt of gratitude.

This opstack and Frog side delays are I guess examples of “exceptional circumstances” so I don’t think any authority will be trying to shoot fish in a barrel if u get me.

As long as u do a print out and write the reason you’ve been moving outside of the hours it will be ok.

Don’t be put off by all this, it really sounds more dramatic than it is!

UK work is what it is but I’m a lot more happier and stimulated driving Euro.
Your prob will be finding an English firm doing it imho
Btw you don’t owe anyone anything,
If you did it would be mainly East European drivers anyway lol

:smiley:. I have to agree. I still think you guys deserve more recognition for what your putting up with at the moment though!And as you say it is mainly eastern europeans which obviously transport complanies take advantage of to keep costs low and remain competitive but this does not help us in the long run when it comes to actually being paid fairly for the hours and conditions we work in. I was earning 25 k when I was 21 for driving hgv and I considered my self to be on good money then (1996) or thereabouts. I’m 41 now and wages have either stayed the same or not risen much above 29k on avarage from what I can see. :frowning:

JON :slight_smile::
:D. I have to agree. I still think you guys deserve more recognition for what your putting up with at the moment though!And as you say it is mainly eastern europeans which obviously transport complanies take advantage of to keep costs low and remain competitive but this does not help us in the long run when it comes to actually being paid fairly for the hours and conditions we work in. I was earning 25 k when I was 21 for driving hgv and I considered my self to be on good money then (1996) or thereabouts. I’m 41 now and wages have either stayed the same or not risen much above 29k on avarage from what I can see. :frowning:

That’s globalisation for you, take the EU as a miniature example, the wealthy Northern Western Europe is effectively out sourcing it’s lower paid jobs and services to relatively poor Eastern Europe who have been invited in to the club.
Great for allowing the East to catch up but bad for any Western European whose job can be done cheaper by an Eastern. Many of the Eastern folks are ambitious, very well educated and hard working, not as picky as our lot.

It is a classic redistribution of wealth not only rich to poor but West to east.
It’s like the reunification of Germany, today in Germany the best infrastructure is in East Germany and Germans have to pay a reunification tax to fund this absorbion. UK to EU contributions anyone?

So who wins? You and your British transport firm? Your kids prospects?
Well Business does for sure. And they don’t care about Sovereign Nations or traditions or cultures only profits.

This is the Century of big changes globally and imho dark days are coming maybe in our own lifetimes.

Have a nice day lol

Hi Guys,
I have a question, but firstly my hat goes off to all you euro truckers that put up with being camped on the M20. I dont know how you all get by with little food/water and going for a dump in a plastic bag… whole other story.

Anyway I was wondering that when your stacked are you technically “resting” or on POA? and when do you change from one to the other?. I was looking at euro work but this whole thing with operation stack and illegals clinging to your wing mirrors does not appeal. Once again we owe you guys a debt of gratitude.

If You’re wondering if it’s POA or rest, then I suggest to stay away from euro driving or driving in general.

peter s:

…If You’re wondering if it’s POA or rest, then I suggest to stay away from euro driving or driving in general.

Really? Why`s that then? Did you never ask a question to find out something that you didn’t know? :confused:

Hi Guys,

Not all Euro work involves Calais. Other ports do exist. ( Decent grub on the Hull boat! )

Hi to everyone.
What shoul i write on the tacho printed paper when I achieve overall working time? Something like “strike of ferry workers. Dover/Calais. Date.” Or some kind of regulation type should I write it down? :cry: have a nice Sunday evening!:))

ahrunaz:
Hi to everyone.
What shoul i write on the tacho printed paper when I achieve overall working time? Something like “strike of ferry workers. Dover/Calais. Date.” Or some kind of regulation type should I write it down? :cry: have a nice Sunday evening!:))

Yes, "Something like “strike of ferry workers. Dover/Calais. Date.” Time, would do the job.

Totally agree with pete s :unamused: :unamused:

peter s:

Hi Guys,

If You’re wondering if it’s POA or rest, then I suggest to stay away from euro driving or driving in general.