UK Border Force

Just watching this on TV the way things are going they will be posting them to watch for people getting out.

what i don’t agree with

The lorry driver gets fined even though the sods who jump into there trailer snaps the security wire of without the driver knowing, i think its wrong

they were in Calais the other day, asked if they could film me. Told em toshove it up their arse and they filmed me anyway. They better hope I don’t appear on tv because I will sue them!!

mickyblue:
what i don’t agree with

The lorry driver gets fined even though the sods who jump into there trailer snaps the security wire of without the driver knowing, i think its wrong

The driver does not get fined if he can show there is an effective system in place to prevent it.

Almost nine out of 10 truck drivers fined in 2008 for harbouring stowaways in their lorries were foreign-registered, the latest UK Border Agency (UKBA) statistics reveal.

In 2008, 1,571 non-UK HGV drivers were fined after illegal immigrants were found hiding in their lorries, compared to 195 British truckers — just 11% of the total.

We have a form which we have to fill in after loading and then after every stop we make between loading and the port. It covers things like tir cord in place and tight, seal in place, checking for stowaways onm the axles and in the fairings etc. We are expected to fill them out and if we dont and get caught with illegals in then not only are we sacked but we will also be taken to court for any loss of the vehicle or load.

daleyboy:
We have a form which we have to fill in after loading and then after every stop we make between loading and the port. It covers things like tir cord in place and tight, seal in place, checking for stowaways onm the axles and in the fairings etc. We are expected to fill them out and if we dont and get caught with illegals in then not only are we sacked but we will also be taken to court for any loss of the vehicle or load.

which seems like a very fair effective system. the reason being no british driver should be caught with stowaways these days after YEARS of publicity about. the only excuse i can think off is if they have got in through cutting a hole in the sliding roof. do your checks fill out the forms cover your arse and job sorted.

just watched an episode on sky 2 and they cut the tir cord get in and someone else joins the cord back together with a small pin and some glue.

bubsy06:
just watched an episode on sky 2 and they cut the tir cord get in and someone else joins the cord back together with a small pin and some glue.

yes they do have some canny tricks but again they are well publicised so after a stop its just one of your checks for tampering.

No matter how effective your ‘system’ is, you will never stop the scum from getting into your trailer. I stopped in Calais, I know it’s a bad place to stop, but had to do changeover, other driver delayed, I ran out of time, you know the story…had to stop.

Got up next morning, carried out vehicle checks, completed my ‘import check list’. I knew as soon as I walked around the rear of the trailer that there were ‘visitors’, as could smell the glue - went straight to French Port Police, who removed the seal, and confirmed it had been cut/glued. They checked trailer, and removed 4 Afghan’s. They completed relevant paperwork, and I made my way - Calais-Dover and then to my operating Centre. Thought I’d check the load to ensure it wasn’t damaged etc., Upon opening trailer door, got kicked in the face/head, and 5 more of the b… jumped me, and ran off. Fortunately the police worked wonders and rounded them up. I told the police if they did not deport them to their country of origin, that I would press charges for assault. Got a call some 6 weeks later to say they had been deported.

But to get back to the original thread - no matter what check lists, etc., you have in place - nothing seems to stop them… I fail to see what more we, as drivers can do.

although you couldn’t use this method if you are carrying fresh produce.
why not just use chlorine and hot water, this will create a gas which will sting the illegals eyes and give them a nasty cough.
i’m sure they’d want to get out.

also if the uk border force wanted to film me, then i would oblige. if you refuse they will think you have something to hide.
and the wife will know that i’m not with anyone else when she sees me on telly.
everybodies happy. :laughing:

cheers wheel nut i did not know that

j.gooch:
They checked trailer, and removed 4 Afghan’s. They completed relevant paperwork, and I made my way - Calais-Dover and then to my operating Centre. Thought I’d check the load to ensure it wasn’t damaged etc., Upon opening trailer door, got kicked in the face/head, and 5 more of the b… jumped me, and ran off. Fortunately the police worked wonders and rounded them up. I told the police if they did not deport them to their country of origin, that I would press charges for assault. Got a call some 6 weeks later to say they had been deported.

A worrying tale, that we can all sympathise with but do you know for definate the Afghans were deported? or have they just applied for asylum?

I am not doubting what you were told, but I found this in an unrelated case.

The police find the whole question of asylum-seeking perplexing. A superintendent gave a typical example. A member of the public sees illegal immigrants emerge from the back of a lorry in a car park. The police arrive and arrest the immigrants. Immediately, they claim political asylum.

The police have no option but to give them the address of the Whitgift Centre in Croydon, where they can lodge their application and apply for housing and benefits. The UN Convention on Refugees states that those who enter a country illegally should not be penalised. But the police “can’t get their heads around” the fact that a person can enter the country illegally and evade arrest with a claim of asylum.

In fact, the police find themselves powerless to do anything but produce a train timetable or direct them to the nearest station. It is not their job to ■■■■■■ immigrants to Croydon, nor do the immigration service see it as theirs. No one checks to see if the asylum seekers arrive. Many just disappear.

Hi Wheelnut - sorry did not reply - just got home this weekend. One of the Police officers involved called me about 4-6 weeks after the attack to let me know that they had been deported out of Manchester. We have a friend in ‘certain circles’, who confirmed that the majority of deportations are done out of Manchester - so I really hope that was the case.

The mess that they left was just awful, and when I was sorting out the trailer, with my daughter’s help the next day, she came across ‘Home Office’ paperwork issued to three of the illegals - which clearly shown that they had already entered the UK 3 days previously, but were obviously just ticked off, and told to be on their way…

The worrying factor here is that one of us will be killed before long…

i must admit i was really lucky when i ran over the water, never had the trailer attacked, but then i never stopped anywhere near the port. got searched the other day going into sheerness dock, told them i had 24 guys from manchester trying to get out of the country in the trailer, they just didn’t seem to see the funny side ■■? got no sence of humour!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peteandbrenda:
i must admit i was really lucky when i ran over the water, never had the trailer attacked, but then i never stopped anywhere near the port. got searched the other day going into sheerness dock, told them i had 24 guys from manchester trying to get out of the country in the trailer, they just didn’t seem to see the funny side ■■? got no sence of humour!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well it is like saying " I have a BOMB" in an airport!!!

Airline pilots and bus and train drivers exempt from illegal immigrant fines,how do they get away with it,and fine the truckers,even if gone through CO2,heart beat monitor,and scanner.Easy target for fines!Indian brothers climbed in to under carriage on a BA 747,one survived the sub zero temperatures of the flight from India,one fell out of the sky,as the landing wheels were deployed,and killed.This was a few years ago.Transmanche ferries have a “custody suite” allocated cabin on board to return immigrants.If in Dieppe,you can see the mafia at work on the cliff tops looking down on to the port,plotting which truck to send immigrants on via mobile phone.

I always thought if pulling a curtainsider why not pull back both curtains when arr in french ports?

• sliding roof as they are more popular these days.

The best system for me was take the missus with me! i used to make her stand guard at the back of the trailer when i stopped in belgium for a toilet break.Once some foreigner thought she was on the game …dont know who was more shocked her or him!! She caught a few of em jumping in English trailers when we were waiting for the ferry at Dunkikrk when she was under the wagon answering the call of nature! By heck she couldnt half run after em! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

They should be called UK Border Farce for the amount of use they are.