UK BORDER FORCE

Been watching this on telly and quite amazed at the lenth these folk will go to trying to get in,and also the fines handed out to both the haulage companys and the drivers (£1000s),couple of those would see you out the game. Also, what is the driver meant to do to get them off the truck?.

First things first, the fine is, up to £2000 per stowaway (unless it’s gone up and I’ve forgotten).

What the driver is supposed to do is,
Not let them in there in the first place, by
parking sensibly, whenever possible,
sealing your trailer/container/truck body,
carrying out checks and completing a UK Border Agencies approved check list every stop,
NOT trying to get any stowaways out on their own,
but reporting there ‘suspicions’ at the port entry check-point, before being checked (before the UK border check at Calais, before the ferry everywhere else)
and waiting for help from the authorities to get them out.[/list:u]

None of this is fool proof, but they work up to a point.
I’ve had stowaways, I had them removed at Calais.
I came though the checks as clear on one occasion, but I refused to move away until a physical check was done because I was sure there were people in there…
There were people in my trailer, they were removed and I carried on with my journey, no problems.

I’ve heard drivers saying they were threatened with violence if they refused to allow people into there truck. Don’t try and stop them then, even open and hold the door for them. And report to the authorities as soon as you are in the port. We’re also threatened that we’ll be implicated as a trafficker if we do this
Looking at it sensibly, the fine is £2000 a head, therefore, if your carrying stowaways with the intention of making money on a one off, your going to charge well over £2000 a head.
Where is all this cash?
A large bank transaction will show up in moments, so that wouldn’t work either.
(Large, unusual transactions have to be reported to the authorities by the banks anyway.)
You were getting paid in the UK at the drop off point?
Even I’m not stupid enough to fall for that line.
Simples.

A check list can be printed of from the Border agency web site,if filled in on each journey,the fine may be reduced,as the driver carried out the checks,and has the proper equipment to secure the trailer.
Not sure how a bus/coach/train driver and pilots become exempt from this law,when they have illegals on board.
There was the 2 Indian brothers that stowed under the under carriage of a BA flight,one fell to,the ground on landing,or on finals to the airport,the other was treated for hyperthermia.Crew never checked their compartments.

I had stowaways in the trailer when I parked in Calais one night in what was supposedly secure parking but they seemed to lose interest in coming along with me when I turned off of the roundabout towards Italy…

we had it earlier this year i was working on the hospitality for F1 and we stayed at a hotel in calais on our way to Nurburgring and we had 2 immigrants break in to one of our trucks they were not very happy when they got kicked out on the Belgium border!!!

i had three try and get on me down diesel alley but when i slammed on my anchors they did a runner and i got stopped by a unmarked french cop car and he insisted on making sure there were no illegals in my trailer only problem was the half pallet of bloody yogurt that had shot over there rest of the load :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The problem I found was that the french police didn’t want to know and told me to tell the border control people at Dunkerque who promptly checked and told me that will be £2000 per stowaway- there were 5. The french attitude seems to be get them out of our country not our responsibility. The EU regs clearly state that any illegal is the responsibility of the first EU country they enter. So much for that regulation!!!

horbovi:
The problem I found was that the french police didn’t want to know and told me to tell the border control people at Dunkerque who promptly checked and told me that will be £2000 per stowaway- there were 5. The french attitude seems to be get them out of our country not our responsibility. The EU regs clearly state that any illegal is the responsibility of the first EU country they enter. So much for that regulation!!!

I found the opposite with the French police, especially at the overspill parking area at the tunnel, they were in and out of there throughout the night and it was quite fun to see them pulling the illegals out of trailers and chasing them around the parking. The thing with the French they do get quite persuasive & physical, especially the CRS :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the first (safe) country, France isn’t bordered by any repressive or sharia regimes

Simon:
First things first, the fine is, up to £2000 per stowaway (unless it’s gone up and I’ve forgotten).

What the driver is supposed to do is,
Not let them in there in the first place, by
parking sensibly, whenever possible,
sealing your trailer/container/truck body,
carrying out checks and completing a UK Border Agencies approved check list every stop,
NOT trying to get any stowaways out on their own,
but reporting there ‘suspicions’ at the port entry check-point, before being checked (before the UK border check at Calais, before the ferry everywhere else)
and waiting for help from the authorities to get them out.[/list:u]

None of this is fool proof, but they work up to a point.
I’ve had stowaways, I had them removed at Calais.
I came though the checks as clear on one occasion, but I refused to move away until a physical check was done because I was sure there were people in there…
There were people in my trailer, they were removed and I carried on with my journey, no problems.

I’ve heard drivers saying they were threatened with violence if they refused to allow people into there truck. Don’t try and stop them then, even open and hold the door for them. And report to the authorities as soon as you are in the port. We’re also threatened that we’ll be implicated as a trafficker if we do this
Looking at it sensibly, the fine is £2000 a head, therefore, if your carrying stowaways with the intention of making money on a one off, your going to charge well over £2000 a head.
Where is all this cash?
A large bank transaction will show up in moments, so that wouldn’t work either.
(Large, unusual transactions have to be reported to the authorities by the banks anyway.)
You were getting paid in the UK at the drop off point?
Even I’m not stupid enough to fall for that line.
Simples.
[/quote]
i was under the impression that the british government lost the case where they could fine drivers or hauliers 2k per head for each stowaway.
does anyone remember the good old days when you could park the truck in calais and leave the engine running when you went in to book on the ship.
these refugees.leechers whatever you wish to call them have made some difference to our job now.
they have made hard work out of it.
i nearly killed one of them he was crosssing the road in the industrial estate in calais,he walked out in front of me,perhaps to slow me down,i wouldnt have been sorry if i had got him.
he jumped out of the way,that was his lucky day.
i did european work for so many years and enjoyed every bit of it,but for it to be[zb] by these tramps.
a great job ruined by a load of useless filthwhom no one wants in any of our countries[except do gooders]

NB12:
Been watching this on telly and quite amazed at the lenth these folk will go to trying to get in,and also the fines handed out to both the haulage companys and the drivers (£1000s),couple of those would see you out the game. Also, what is the driver meant to do to get them off the truck?.

Had an “incedent” in Coquelles about 5 years ago when i stopped a clandestine from entering the trailer - it was in the lanes waiting to board the train, which i am led to believe is Uk territory ?
When the immigration/security eventually turned up ,i was told that i was lucky not to get prosecuted for assault because i had the ■■■■ by the throat.
Human rights - ■■■■ em :imp:

what a load of crap. lets start at the begining, the french and all other european countries want all the imigrants out of their country. in my opinion i,d let all those at calais board a eurostar train to london, i,d have the dhss staff waiting for them with their money, all the locall council there with their house keys, and all the roague employers to give them a job… all those imigrants in calais will land in treasure island[uk] on day. so why make the poor sods suffer. the only way to stop them is to return them to their own [zb] countries when caught.(sorry to offend the pc and sandal,youghrt knitting brigade}.
]