Another driver to be fined...?

Local evening TV news has just shown Police opening up a prominently signwritten UK reg’d lorry in Ashford, which has come from Belgium to find two illegal inside. Reporter expressed sympathy or the illegals, but noticeably not a peep about the poor driver who will probably be fined.

I would go to jail and let the taxpayer fork out to keep me there rather than pay up if it was me.

don’t think he may be fined, maybe questioned. As they may have got on his trailer on ferry . think you get fined if you haven’t made the required checks before Calais and found at Calais border control.
been awhile since i last went lol… did have a few kicked out at Belgium. on way to Austria .

Yup, as long as he can show he did all reasonable checks he shouldn’t have to worry about the fine. But he probably IS bloody worried tho’ :angry:

We can see who this trailers was loaded with square pallets load.Why driver can t check before properly???Need just open door ,taked 5 minut.Why can t lock door???IF lorry driver cross any country board than they can check and if found any illegal items ,drug,people when driver get penalty or prison.??Stop to be lazy.And will be less migrant and criminal.

Well, if he wasn’t stupid enough to that job in the first place, he wouldn’t have this little problem, would he?

V40LLY:
Well, if he wasn’t stupid enough to that job in the first place, he wouldn’t have this little problem, would he?

Quite right he should have stayed in the UK and became a bitter and twisted truck driver.

Quite right he should have stayed in the UK and became a bitter and twisted truck driver.

You pointing fingers Muckles…lol

Swampey2418:

You pointing fingers Muckles…lol

Even coming from Norfolk I haven’t got enough fingers to point and all the bitter a twisted characters who post here and who’ve managed to spend years doing a job they hate. :laughing:

muckles:

V40LLY:

Absolutely

Surely you are not suggesting that Grolly is a trucker? As opposed to a third rate Troll…

The Sarge:
Surely you are not suggesting that Grolly is a trucker? As opposed to a third rate Troll…

Like I said there are many characters who could qualify, so I’ll leave you to decide who it is. :smiley:

all the bitter a twisted characters who post here and who’ve managed to spend years doing a job they hate. :laughing:

Pretty sad when you think about it… ■■■■■■■ and moaning about a job… simple case of find something else and be happy

Question probably a stupid one…

When I see these images and Videos on the news of immigrants boarding the back of trucks etc… I ask myself the 1 question…arent the doors locked? with like giant padlocks that would require a mechanical device to break open?

And even if they do get past these… surely the driver does regular checks if eg he has stopped in a foreign nation…?

I may be totally mis-judging the situation and all. but just the thought that comes to mind…

V40LLY:

muckles:

V40LLY:

Absolutely

Yawn again good god your boring.

mrkazman:

When I see these images and Videos on the news of immigrants boarding the back of trucks etc… I ask myself the 1 question…arent the doors locked? with like giant padlocks that would require a mechanical device to break open?

And even if they do get past these… surely the driver does regular checks if eg he has stopped in a foreign nation…?

I may be totally mis-judging the situation and all. but just the thought that comes to mind…

was 15 years since i last did euro work. but yes padlock, TIR cord , regular check and they still get in, cutting roof, padlock , or cords then glueing them back up so a quick check they look ok,
Had them get in at Lux, and Lyon before. and Calais when i was shipping out.

mrkazman:

Absolutely right.MUst make rulle who every trailers who cross borders must sealed and locked.Curtainsider as well.This can reduced number of migrant who try cross Channel.Because if door locked -no so easy opened and if seal damaged -drivers can see easy and he must check properly or stop at Dock and ask assistence from security.I Curtainsiders trailers will be locked ,when if migrant cut curtain -so can easy see who …

andy187:

mrkazman:

was 15 years since i last did euro work. but yes padlock, TIR cord , regular check and they still get in, cutting roof, padlock , or cords then glueing them back up so a quick check they look ok,
Had them get in at Lux, and Lyon before. and Calais when i was shipping out.

But if no padlock and seal ,than they don t need cut ,smash nothing -simply jump and go.

war1974:

V40LLY:

muckles:

V40LLY:

Absolutely

Yawn again good god your boring.

And you are exciting?

I know drivers who could prove that they had taken all reasonable steps to prevent illegals stowing away in or on their vehicle, went through the checks at the port of calais, and only the dog detected them, driver was fined , and another case where again all the security checks where done, they made their presence known when on the M6 , the driver did what you would think to be the right thing, and phoned plod, he was arrested and vehicle was seized on the say so of UKBA, resulted in a fine at a later date following an interview at the local passport office not the full £2000 per spear chucker but still around £300 per body which is a disgrace, If i had been held up in stack in calais and they found any on or in my truck i would refuse point blank to pay any fines ,

Following a report, I’ve removed some offensive posts.

If posters have such views, there are places where they can post them, but TN isn’t one of those places.

:bulb: No names or pack-drill, but those whose posts have gone missing from this topic are politely invited to read the forum rules about offensive posts.