Another driver to be fined...?

There are plenty of methods of gaining entry to a standard Euroliner which show no obvious signs of tampering with a TIR cord and seal.
If you don’t know any of them I’m not going to post any details on an open forum to explain them to you, anyone can read what’s on these forums.
If you know some, there is no need for you to explain how either.

In my opinion, a TIR cord and seal simply give the driver a false sense of security.
Worse, they prevent the driver from checking inside their trailer because to satisfy the UKBF, the seal number has to be recorded on the CMR.
I don’t cord and seal my trailer, so I can check inside it whenever I feel like it. I also write a note in my diary on each occasion I do which demonstrates reasonable precautions being taken.
No-one can ‘prove’ they have taken reasonable precautions, unless they video their checks every time they do with a date/time/location stamp on the video. I doubt the UKBF would accept that as proof either, if they didn’t want to. You can complete a check sheet for every occasion you do a check. That isn’t proof of a check, it is simply a check list with tick boxes. Just because you’ve ticked the boxes doesn’t prove you actually did the checks. All the ticked boxes do is demonstrate taking reasonable precautions on paper.

Well in both instances the trailers where boxes, one a fridge running at -25 c the other box with tail lift , both sealed and one had a padlock on the door, and both went through the checks,without the unknown cargo being detected (heart beat)
Yes i know the security log sheets are just a tick box and mean nothing even though the UKBA advise hauliers to get their drivers to record the stops and checks they have made, IMO if that counts for nothing then there’s no point in doing it,
But when it comes to proof /evidence and the way our justice system works isn’t it innocent until proven guilty ? in which case they would have to prove that you did not check your vehicle each time you stopped and took reasonable measures to prevent and detect illegals , as well as proving that you intentionally brought them into this country

If it was totally pointless I wouldn’t bother writing it in my diary.
My point is that it isn’t proof of checks, it’s just a demonstration that you are taking precautions.

All those that go on obhe should put a padlock on the doors etc have in mu opinion not done euro work. Padlocks and TIR cord don’t stop them one little bit. I used to stop just before ports do a check all over the truck and load then put cord and seal on but even then they can still get in the trailer or on the chassis

The wire seals may not stop them getting into a trailer but it would be obvious if they had been tampered with , some places you load at will insist on sealing the trailer before you leave, also company policy , and when pulling a running fridge with a frozen load it’s not reasonable to expect a driver to be able to check the inside of the trailer properly if the height of the load is such that the driver cannot see past the back 2 pallets,
even the border force can’t properly check due to the reduced vision inside the trailer
If i have a bulldog container lock i’ll use it if pulling a box/fridge as for taut liners padlocks are a pointless ,plastic seals are good enough to tell if you have unwanted guests on board or not , then the problem is getting rid of them,