Tyres

I had my drive axle tyres replaced a couple of weeks back from Continental to TOYO…ever since then I have found that the truck seems to wallow about all over the place and ‘feels’ like the arse end is sliding whenever i change lanes or adjust the steering even in the dry,…im not one to moan about things but im really not happy with these tyres at all,they just dont feel right…i’ve had my truck for 2 years now and never had this problem before,i had them checked out last weekend by the tyre fitters and apparently they adjusted the pressures,but its NO better…got a bit of a wobble going on yesterday on the A1 in the tramlines in the road on a slight downhill stretch,was fully loaded and it started to get worse as i was adjusting withn the steering wheel,actually scared me a bit tbh.
has anyone else had problems with these tyres or does anyone know what it could be?? :confused:
the tread on them is a lot chunkier than a normal truck tyre…they actually look like tipper tyres…i have a TOYO on my steer axle but that looks like a normal radial tyre and have no problem with that at all so im not being prejudiced towards the manufacturer or anything.

i would have said the tyre pressures, but if you had them checked, have you had the wheel nuts re-torqued?

Had the same thing myself once. My boss changed the drive tryes from Goodyear to some really cheap hard compound tyres. The first few weeks the back end was all over the place - sliding about everywhere on bone dry roads!

Because of the hard compound it may take a while for them to ‘bed in’ then should be okay.

All drive axle tyres I have ever had new wobble like crazy for first couple of weeks till they bed down, it’s the tread blocks moving. Currently have Bridgestones and they did the same.

switchlogic:
All drive axle tyres I have ever had new wobble like crazy for first couple of weeks till they bed down, it’s the tread blocks moving. Currently have Bridgestones and they did the same.

I would agree with that. All new tyres feel different to bald tyres as they are much stiffer when running close to the wires.

I’d agree that they will settle down but just check the fifth wheel has enough grease too.

i had same problem and it did scare me a little bit, mine were continental to hankooks tryes, felt like the back axle was falling off, or susspension was too high i was forever checking it, its very weird why it happens.