Tyre prob's

Was in Edinburgh ( Newbridge) yesterday picking up 33plt’s from one of my customer’s.I arrived about 15.45 and thought it was a little early,so parked just round the corner and decided to take my wee girl ( who was with me) to McDonald’s.So after 30 min’s i left McDonald’s and go into the customer’s yard.so i Drive’s in and swing’s the unit round and stop’s,jump out open both curtain’s and went in to see them.The lad said that he would start putting some of the pallet’s on.After about 3 pallets went on he said that there was 3 pallet’s at their other warehouse which is straight facing the one i was in. :angry: :angry: So i had to shut the dam curtain’s and move round to their other warehouse.On my return i re-opened the curtain’s and put my glove’s on top of my o/s/f tyre,and that’s when i noticed 3 small holes in the tyre :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .I got my pen and gave it a prod,and on inspection i could feel the wire underneath. :open_mouth: So on the phone to office to get them to get the shunter driver to call me.( he deal’s with the breakdown’s etc)So i tell him what i have found and he say’s ok m8 your call, your the driver, i’ll get the tyre firm out to you,but it might take about 1.5hours. :open_mouth: 5 min’s later alec ( shunter ) call’s me back,i have given the call center your number and they will pass it on to the guy that will be coming out to you,no prob’s m8.this was about 17.00hrs.So i carried on getting loaded,which took about another hour.I had to ask the office to send a rigid driver in as i did not have enough room for 1 more pallet.He arrived at 18.00hrs and my wee girl needed the toilet,so a quick walk round to McDonalds to let her use the toilet.Just as i got to the door’s of McDonalds my phone ring’s it went like this

me— hello
voice on other end------- is that Jim
me— yes
other end-----this is the tyre fitter from uni-royal tyres
me— ok how you doing
tyre man— yeah good thank’s ( in a london voice) i’ll be out to change your tyre
me— great when will you be here :question:
tf----- the call center say’s your just round the corner from me
me-- great 5 mins then
tf–i’m just phoning to find out exactly where you are :confused:
me well if i’m round the corner from you,then you should know where i am :open_mouth:
me–i’m straight across from YES car credit m8
tf----- oh yes car credit Wandsworth he say’s
me—Wandsworth as in Wandsworth London :open_mouth:
tf—Yes m8
me— Eh no
TF—Eh
me-- i’m in Newbridge Edinburgh
tf—Edinburgh :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
me— Yes that’s right
tf---- someone’s cocked up big style
me–how long now till your out :laughing:
tf-- :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
tf— i’d better call the call center back and get someone local
me that sounds a better idea :laughing:

So we say’s our goodbye’s and off i go back to the truck after little girl has been to the toilet.Some twenty mins later phone ring’s again.

me–hello
TF no2…is that jim
me–aye
TF2…I’m coming out to change your tyre,just want to know where you are :question:
me—Newbridge m8,facing yes car credit
TF2-- i’m just up the road from you
me… heard that somewhere b4
TF2…honest m8,i’m in Broxburn
me —ok,c u in 10mins

So true to his word he turn’s up.As he stopped in front,he turned off his engine.We both got out our vehicle’s and said hello,so he get’s back in to start up his van so as he could get the compressor working.And you wouldn’t believe it,the dam van wouldn’t start,he tried it a few more time’s and ended up flooding the thing. :open_mouth: I said great,you come to rescue me and now you need rescuing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So we decide to leave it for 10 mins or so to see if that would help.well would you believe it,he jumps in turn’s the engine over and yes it start’s.So twenty min’s later i’m on the road again,time now is 19.50,half hour back to depot and i’m off home.This was the last thing i needed after having a 5am start the day b4 and a late finish that night,now it was 21.00 as i walked in the house.So not feeling to great i decided that i’d have an early(ish) night and hit the sack for about 11.30( ish) and slept like a log. :wink:

Not content with knackering the engine, you’ve now turned your attention to knackering the tyres :unamused: .

And no mention of a cuppa and a Kit Kat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
Not content with knackering the engine, you’ve now turned your attention to knackering the tyres :unamused: .

Rollox to u with a capital B

I said to Donna,watch this Robk will put something about the engine,i should have put a bet on it.

And no mention of a cuppa and a Kit Kat

Did i leave that bit out. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whats surprises me, is a petrol van, not diesel :open_mouth: got to be rare these days.

Was in Edinburgh ( Newbridge)

Thats what happens when you do long distance work Jim.

It plays havoc with tyres :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Was in Edinburgh ( Newbridge)

Thats what happens when you do long distance work Jim.

It plays havoc with tyres :smiley:

Good to see you ain’t lost that sense of humour since leaving dhl Malc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
Whats surprises me, is a petrol van, not diesel :open_mouth: got to be rare these days.

you voiced my thoughts exactly Dafman.

Driveroneuk:

DAFMAD:

you voiced my thoughts exactly Dafman.

Might have been a Petrol with an LPG conversion. Sainsbury’s home delivery fleet are. Cost them a fortune though because hardly anywhere sells the stuff so they just end up burning petrol all the time! :laughing: