Two more HGV drivers have died on our roads

One on the M20

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1019

The BBC said

No details of the lorry driver killed have been released, but police said the lorry was not registered in the UK.

So presumably we need not be concerned about that then :unamused: :unamused:

The other one in Dundee.

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018

We could do with a sticky to add drivers names etc to.

One on the M20

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1019

The BBC said

Quote:
No details of the lorry driver killed have been released, but police said the lorry was not registered in the UK.

So presumably we need not be concerned about that then :unamused: :unamused:

:question: :question: very sad but daxi ,why the rolling eyes :question: :question:
Why do you want names , The Police will release names when they feel that the time appropriate.

There’s a comedy sketch by I think it was the not the nine o’clock team.
It went slightly along the lines of
A train crash in ******* 3 Britons killed, great concern.
2 Europeans also dead, being close to the UK we should be slightly concerned.
Two white Africans killed, so being white but not European we should show very slight concern.
And a lot of black Africans also dead ,but not being white, British or European no concern what so ever.

This reads like Oh well it’s not a British driver thats OK then.

I think most of us would agree that while its in no way worse whichever nationality it is, it just seems that bit more terrible when the fatality is a foreigner because of the fact he’s a long way from home, his family are a long way from him etc. I’m sure people know what I’m getting at.

He’s a fellow Truck Driver, condolences to his family.

Also, condolences to the family of the one killed in Dundee.

We could do with a sticky to add drivers names etc to.

Don’t think so m8. :wink: Don’t think it’s a good idea personnelly.

daxi:
There’s a comedy sketch by I think it was the not the nine o’clock team.
It went slightly along the lines of
A train crash in ******* 3 Britons killed, great concern.
2 Europeans also dead, being close to the UK we should be slightly concerned.
Two white Africans killed, so being white but not European we should show very slight concern.
And a lot of black Africans also dead ,but not being white, British or European no concern what so ever.

This reads like Oh well it’s not a British driver thats OK then.

I guess if say a wife, hubby, son, daughter of a British trucker had been having trouble contacting a relation who was driving down this way it would save them worring with out any need.
Also they tend to withhold names untill relatives have been informed, hearing a close relative has died is terrible, i would imagine it’s worse to hear it on the new first.

I drove past the scene earlier (Maidstone bound) Horrible to think last night some one like you or I was driving a wagon loaded with Cement along there and now they’re not with us.

It still isn’t impossible that the driver is British considering the amount of British drivers who drive say Dutch registered trucks, either for Dutch or British companies.

This is true and thats probably why they said is was foreign ‘registered’ rather than a foriegn truck.

BBC website is saying

The driver, thought to be a man from Slovakia, died in the crash but nobody else was injured.

more on the BBC Website