Another driver killed.

On the A7 in ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ vehicle,the 40 year old trucker died,and a young woman in her 20`s.,it was on the bbc news channel.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Thanks Coffee.

Photos on news and star website show one of Wm.Armstrongs palletforce deckers.

We seem to be averaging 1 a day lately, R I P drive and condolences to the family especially at this time of year.

I saw the decker on the J44 This morning on my way to work. I must have been minutes ahead of the accident. :open_mouth:
newsandstar.co.uk/news/two-k … s/1.257889

I thought that too,bald bloke,what with the Stobart driver down the embankment,the M5 pile up,the one at the port,crushed by a trailer,and many more.
Did anyone notice the difference when the clocks changed,we had minor incidents after that,i felt low and the energy levels sapped,would this cause a few moments of lack of concentration and subsequent accidents.

The Royal Mail driver Tuesday night. I suppose this time of year its dark more than its light so that doesn’t help the situation does it. It’s called SAD or seasonal adjustment disorder.

Its probably down to bad luck for the driver, maybe bad decisions by the driver caused by pressure from the traffic office. But RIP to all and condolences to their families.

Its time that the general public realised what we lorry drivers have go through to put their turkeys etc. on the table.

I was ok in the summer and then noticed how the moods would swing,it was strange to think,then when we all set off for work,we assume we will be back safe,and our partners wait to see our faces illuminate when we walk in the door,the public do not care about us,i googled the word "ban hgvs ",and some idiots want to ban trucks in London,as they are to blame(apparently)for cyclist`s deaths,the comments of abuse to lorrists,were plain ignorant.
A long list of councils jumping up and down in jubilant praise as they get their truck ban,and locals are so pleased about it,we should do what Muckaway suggested,do not deliver in their area,starve them of transport,if they want it,get the wheel barrow out,and jog on 25 miles to collect what you ordered on line.

I worked for Armstrongs last year for a few months. The truck would have been returning to Armstrong’s yard just a few miles up the road after being at the palletforce hub at burton-on-trent…a job I used to do quite regular.

That particular stretch of road is dead straight for a mile or so and it’s notorious for the wacky races and other sorts of shenignans from drivers overtaking when it isn’t safe or appropriate.
g.co/maps/5ktcq
Even has a memorial from a previous fatality tied to a tree at virtually the same spot.

RIP fella.

schrodingers cat:
Its time that the general public realised what we lorry drivers have go through to put their turkeys etc. on the table.

Absolutely. It’s time the general public knelt down and worshipped us for the selfless, hardworking road gods that we are. What we have to go through is horrendous. We spend most of our working day sat on our arses, drinking coffee and listening to music while slowly driving along. Then there’s the amount of time we have to spend sat on our arses or lying on a bed doing nothing. I don’t know how we cope. Sometimes I cry in the morning before I go to work. It’s such a hard life.

Get a grip cat.

Quite astonishing the amount of damage to the truck compared to the mini bus :open_mouth:

ThrustMaster:
I worked for Armstrongs last year for a few months. The truck would have been returning to Armstrong’s yard just a few miles up the road after being at the palletforce hub at burton-on-trent…a job I used to do quite regular.

That particular stretch of road is dead straight for a mile or so and it’s notorious for the wacky races and other sorts of shenignans from drivers overtaking when it isn’t safe or appropriate.
g.co/maps/5ktcq
Even has a memorial from a previous fatality tied to a tree at virtually the same spot.

RIP fella.

Youre right that stretch is horrendus, theres half a dozen hauliers in the longtown area and between 5-7am and 5-7pm its really busy with trunks and motors leaving and returning to yards.

Only last year one of our artics came off the road and through a graveyard at Blackford church, newsandstar.co.uk/lorry-smas … rPath=home

My own motor was involved in a RTC opposite Harker filling stn, newsandstar.co.uk/news/teena … ome/2.1962

Last month a livestock motor came off the road a little further up. newsandstar.co.uk/news/north … ome/2.1962

More recently a car came off the road and in to a beck. newsandstar.co.uk/news/teena … ome/2.1962

SmashedCrabFace:

schrodingers cat:

Absolutely. It’s time the general public knelt down and worshipped us for the selfless, hardworking road gods that we are. What we have to go through is horrendous. We spend most of our working day sat on our arses, drinking coffee and listening to music while slowly driving along. Then there’s the amount of time we have to spend sat on our arses or lying on a bed doing nothing. I don’t know how we cope. Sometimes I cry in the morning before I go to work. It’s such a hard life.

Get a grip cat.

^^

This

Ok, it’s annoying when we can’t use a road we’ve used for years because of NIMBY’s, but it’s hardly coal mining is it?

1st of all my condolances to the family and friends of driver involved. 2nd i do not konw any of thier drivers but i was totally shocked at yesterdays daily records picture of this accident, i just hope that if the photographer or the editor of this paper have something bad happen to thier family at any time of year let alone just before christmas,maybe some dirty ■■■■■■■ photographer will take a picture of thier loved one! maybe these newspaper scum will be taken to court but i doubt joe pulic would stand a chance against them. i hope that either this mans family or armstongs take them to court.

Its Trouble You are right there I could’nt believe it when I saw the photo I thought there was an unwritten rule that you just dont show photos like that as you say lets hope his family take them all the road. Eddie.

erfguy:
Its Trouble You are right there I could’nt believe it when I saw the photo I thought there was an unwritten rule that you just dont show photos like that as you say lets hope his family take them all the road. Eddie.

Yeah I read the Record as well, my first thought was I can’t be seeing what I really was, shocking! I thought ethics dictated that any photographs submitted of an accident scene should be thoroughly scrutinised prior to publication, obviously that wasn’t the case here. Somebody in the Daily Record needs to be taken to task over this…

Very sad to see this especially at this time of the year,that is not a mini-bus the driver would hold a full bus licence.I wish that the press could adopt professional standards.

There is an appoligy in todays DAILY RECORD for printing the picture of IAN McQUEEN’S body still in the cab as emergency services were trying to remove him. Eddie.