Lorry driver died in Immingham Lorry Park

thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/Pol … ticle.html

Happen on sunday morning
“Police are looking for anyone using the lorry park between 00.00 and 06.00 sunday morning!”

Who in there right mind would even consider making it known they were at thr truck stop, wno would want to get involved, may be different if it was a British driver,

They reckon he was run over■■? it was on the news.

hptruck:
Who in there right mind would even consider making it known they were at thr truck stop, wno would want to get involved, may be different if it was a British driver,

may be different if it was a British driver

Whats the difference !!!
That person is/was maybe someone’s husband/father/brother/dad son etc.
why not get involved if you were there and maybe seen something.
i’m sure if a son /daughter of yours was in a similar accident abroad you would be grateful for any info off a “FOREIGNER”
sorry but your attitude to this thread is disrespectful to the dead person and to all drivers everywhere.
Hope this or anything similar never happens to you. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Something similar to this happened at the old truck stop in Rugby cattle market a few years ago too ,alledgedly the driver had been on the booze in the town centre and tripped over on returning to his truck , then subsequently got ran over by another truck as it was leaving the next morning.
The truck stop was closed soon after . I’m not saying this is what happened here but it just reminded me of the Rugby case.

was one of our drivers but as things are a bit sketchy i cant say nothing apart from the papers are right that the driver was unaware of the incident until he got a phonecall off the boss.

hptruck:
may be different if it was a British driver,

It would only be different if you’re racist. Whatever you think about foreign drivers over here they’re still human beings and they still have families and have the same right to not be run over in a truck stop as you or I.

Paul

it’s a tragedy no matter what the drivers nationality, if you have nothing to hide there’s no problem with coming forward.
My sympathies to the dead drivers family and friends.

hptruck:

What sort of comment is that :open_mouth: Are you saying that if you run someone over you would check where he came from before you reported it.

WTF
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

hptruck:

Firstly i would like to offer my condolences to the family of the driver who was so tragically killed.

Secondly, I dont think I have ever seen such a crass and oafish statement made by anyone on this board before. Would it have made a difference if he was Spanish or German, maybe Italian or even Portuguese??

Another way of looking at this is maybe nobody wants to get involved because of the British justice system…

The driver who ran over the deceased, could now be facing an 18 month agonising wait, to find out if the courts deems him innocent, or could there possibly be a way of screwing cash out of him… Will the deceased relatives try to take it further and do the no win no fee route that is so popular nowadays…

18 Months of stress for the driver and his family…

stevie.c:
was one of our drivers but as things are a bit sketchy i cant say nothing apart from the papers are right that the driver was unaware of the incident until he got a phonecall off the boss.

Hope the drivers OK, It could be a nasty shock that could seriously affect some drivers finding that they’ve unknowingly killed someone.

Correct me if I have got this arse about face.But. What bloody difference does it make where this driver came from??

According to some of the posters on this thread:-

(a) if he is an Eastern European driver, Tough! Never mind about his Family back wherever his home is. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: To whom I extend my Sincere Condolences at their loss .

(b) it is whoever ran him over who is to recieve all the sympathy from some of TNUK posters. zb the guy who got run over, whatever the circumstances. :unamused: :unamused:

(c) Are we really supposed to believe that had it been a British Driver who had been killed, his family would not seek some sort of Financial Compensation for their loss? Pull the other zber its got bells on :unamused: :unamused:

It does at least appear,from steviec,s Post, that an Eddie Stobart driver is not going to get the --Wishful Thinking --blame. for which, (some of us), will be thankful.

Buycrider:
Correct me if I have got this arse about face.But. What bloody difference does it make where this driver came from??

According to some of the posters on this thread:-

(a) if he is an Eastern European driver, Tough! Never mind about his Family back wherever his home is. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: To whom I extend my Sincere Condolences at their loss .

(b) it is whoever ran him over who is to recieve all the sympathy from some of TNUK posters. zb the guy who got run over, whatever the circumstances. :unamused: :unamused:

(c) Are we really supposed to believe that had it been a British Driver who had been killed, his family would not seek some sort of Financial Compensation for their loss? Pull the other zber its got bells on :unamused: :unamused:

It does at least appear,from steviec,s Post, that an Eddie Stobart driver is not going to get the --Wishful Thinking --blame. for which, (some of us), will be thankful.

You cannot offer condolances to a corpse…

And yes, people WILL try and screw money out of things, thanks to the blame culture from the US…

Hmmmmmm :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thought us Drivers belonged to a long standing tradition of people who care about others :frowning:
Over the years and there are few on here by some comments have really experianced the true meaning of being a driver.
It didnt matter where you came from country or county you were part of a brotherhood.
I can remember coming up the M5 in the late 70’s early 80’s having a Blowout, before I had time to get any kit out, Jack, brace etc 2 waggons had pulled up to help by the time we had changed the wheel there were 4 drivers that had stopped to help.

It’s a shame that the job’s ■■■■■■ and the pride of being a driver for most as far as I can see has gone :cry: .

May the driver who died rest in peace.
Hope the driver who caused the death may he not suffer either as i dont think anyone would or could really think it would have been a delibrate act.

You know the other week (well month) I was at an Asda RDC I think Washington, it was a hot day and I smoke. I asked another driver if he would sell me a couple of cig’s, I had forgotten my wallet and only had a few quid litterally. He gave me five of his cig’s and I offered he a quid explaining that I had only a couple of nicker. He refused it and to this end I would like to say that WE should still have this cammerardery and this driver did - Thank you to this driver.

Unforetunetly reading this thread I firstly know how we all feel about Jonny Foreigner But FFS we are all human beings and He or She has the same amout of rights as we do and they are entitled to go about their business without fear of retribution for being here and without fear of being killed in their duties or within their rest time.

I personally would like to send condolences out to his people and would like to berate some of the aforementioned comments!

I hope you think about your statements very hard as it may be that one day you will thank Jonny for his help… I don’t like the fact that our jobs go to non UK citizens anymore than you but hey we live within the EU and whilst this is the case we can do so little about it so we have to do as well as we can given the current climate.

Rant well and truly over. FULL STOP.

Coddy:
Never mind about his Family back wherever his home is. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: To whom I extend my Sincere Condolences at their loss .

Coddy , either read that quote again yourself; or get some one to read it to you. S l o w l y . Pay particular attention to the words “his Family” – and “To whom”-- and " at their loss".

gezt:

hptruck:

may be different if it was a British driver

Whats the difference !!!
That person is/was maybe someone’s husband/father/brother/dad son etc.
why not get involved if you were there and maybe seen something.
i’m sure if a son /daughter of yours was in a similar accident abroad you would be grateful for any info off a “FOREIGNER”
sorry but your attitude to this thread is disrespectful to the dead person and to all drivers everywhere.
Hope this or anything similar never happens to you. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

When you get attacked by a foriegner and end up in hospital due to the actions of a so called fellow trucker, in this case Algerian, then maybe you would have the attitude I have towards foriegn drivers, dont judge some one you dont know, I am one of those guys that would stop and help or assist a fellow trucker in the UK, providing he was in a British vehicle, but then if I found he was not English, I would not hang around. and like I said I have good cause not to.

so dont tar everyone with the same brush

not going to enter into a slanging match but i stand by my comment.

Buycrider:

Coddy:
Never mind about his Family back wherever his home is. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: To whom I extend my Sincere Condolences at their loss .

Coddy , either read that quote again yourself; or get some one to read it to you. S l o w l y . Pay particular attention to the words “his Family” – and “To whom”-- and " at their loss".

Water off a ducks back, I dont know his family, nor will I ever meet them, so why would I bother offering condolances to em, unless of course I wanted to try and make myself look like a caring sharing saint on here… :grimacing: :unamused: