Lorry driver died in Immingham Lorry Park

NOT NICE FOR ANYONE GETTING KILLED AWAY FROM HOME, TRAGIC FOR HIS FAMILY, BUT DONT FORGET THESE GUYS DOING UK DRIVERS OUT JOBS.DROVE PAST EASINGTON SERVICES A19 LAST FRIDAY, 13 EASTERN BLOCK TRUCKS PARKED IN THEIR, DROVE PAST AGAIN YESTERDAY STILL SAME AMOUNT PARKED THEIR NO PARKING FOR ANYONE ELSE THE WAY THEY HAD THEIR TRUCKS PARKED, THEY GOT BANNED FROM PARKING ON A INDUSTRIAL AREA NEAR MY HOME TOWN FOR THE WAY THEY TRASHED A LOCAL CAR PARK EVERY WEEKEND.

Slightly off topic but still…

Firstly, to HP. I am deeply sorry that you ended up in hospital at the hands of a foreign driver, but I wonder why you would have been attacked in the first place. Having spent many years abroad, I can honestly say that the worst offenders for aggression and attitude were the British. It was little surprise when matters got out of hand sometimes.

And Coddy, I am a little surprised. I would have thought that someone who posts on some subjects with fervour and passion could spare a thought for a strangers family- just a thought, mind.

And to be entirely fair, the criticisms aimed at foreign drivers taking jobs is a little excessive. I see it regularly on these forums where a British driver will say that the wage offered for a Class 1 job is an insult, and the Brits will refuse to take the job. Someone from the East won’t refuse, and that makes the Brit wrong, not the other way round.

What happened to this driver is a tragedy however you look at it, and the driver who ran over him will have to carry that mantle for the rest of his days. Having been in a similar situation, I offer my thoughts to both parties families. It is a nasty thing to carry in your mind, and I suspect he will question himself over the accident for years.

And I am no saint, nor do I try to display saintliness. I am humanitarian in my ways, and always try to do the right thing. Save any sarcasm if you will.

Bob, if I meet a fellow trucker, Biker, Land Rover off road person, heritage Railway etc, I will offer condolences to thier face, if someone on here loses someone, I feel for them…

BUT

Why bother with someone I never knew, never will, nor will i meet his family, so as harsh as it sounds, why bother…

Sorry but I say it as it is, not pretend im something im not, if peeps dont like it, dont read it. Simple

SO THE BRIT DRIVER WRONG FOR REFUSING A PITENCE OF A PAY BOB,

hptruck:
Who in there right mind would even consider making it known they were at thr truck stop, wno would want to get involved, may be different if it was a British driver,

Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable!

As it’s been said already - you’re either just downright racist, or in my opinion you’re just not very bright!

After being pulled up earlier on this thread for your dreadful attitude, you suddenly announce you were attacked by a foreign driver. Why did you not mention that in your first post■■?
Mmmm…me smells a rat.

ANDY1961:

hptruck:
Who in there right mind would even consider making it known they were at thr truck stop, wno would want to get involved, may be different if it was a British driver,

Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable!

As it’s been said already - you’re either just downright racist, or in my opinion you’re just not very bright!

After being pulled up earlier on this thread for your dreadful attitude, you suddenly announce you were attacked by a foreign driver. Why did you not mention that in your first post■■?
Mmmm…me smells a rat.

Idid not mention the fact purley becouse I was stating a fact, even if I had been at scene on the date of the incident, I would not want to get involved in the paperwork and procedures with the police, and I thought that a lot of other drivers would of had the sma e feeling, obviously not, as for being a racist, I dont think so, I have worked with all nationalities, and have ethnic friends who come in our home.

It is hard to accept that to judge others by the actions of others is wrong, I was parked up in the Barcelona TIR park together with three other drivers from my firm, one was stabbed in the arm, the other had a fracture to his jaw, and I was stabbed in the stomach, off work for 8 months, passport, cash and other items stolen from the trucks, at the time of the incident, we were having a drink between the trailers at 11pm, a few weeks later a French driver and his daughter were killed in the same location. the events of that night still give me nightmares and when I returned to the UK, I resigned from European work. the animals who attacked us were caught, and they got imprissoned, they were Algerian drivers parked up in Barcelona, I hope you never have the same experiance, and that is the end of the subject on this thread from me.

to all, drivers been arrested, out on bail pending further enquiries, and as i know this lad i personally dont believe he had a clue what happened, but that is my own opinion. Hope he and his family are ok and condolances to the other party.

Not wrong for refusing a pittance, although how anyone can expect to earn megabucks right now is beyond me. I reckon you are wrong for criticising someone who does take the scut jobs though. Times are bad for everyone there. If you are unemployed and someone offers you a job then surely it makes sense to take that job until something better comes along? At least you are earning then, and making all effort you can. I have seen it scores of times on here, and it is often the same ones saying that the wage is too low that also say the foreigners are taking all the jobs.

The biggest joke of this argument is that when things do improve, the ones who will have the best shot at the decent jobs will be working already and will be the first choice regardless of nationality. When you are working, you hear of the openings and get a shot at it. I wouldn’t be able to turn a job down as long as it was within the laws of reason, and 7 quid an hour is not really to be sniffed at if you ask me, not when the alternative is JSA or whatever they call it now.

I am on the sick right now. Have been for 2 1/2 weeks, and it is doing my head in sitting here, despite the fact that going back is likely to be hard and painful, I shall be looking at going back next week if it is even remotely possible…

Hp…your clearly another thick dumb racist driver…what your basically saying is everyone else beyond the shores of this land is worthless

Yes you had a rough time in Spain…and if you had something against Algerians…then there would be some understanding…but from your comments…your blaming everyone else in the world…

Why didn’t the spainish just look at you and just say…

“Bloody dirty english…look how they act when they come to our country…arrrhhh…put a cheap plaster on them and throw them back on the plane”…

Cos they saw you as a human being irrelavent of nationality…who need help and justice…focus the blame on the ■■■■■■■ scumbags whom attacked you…and not everyone else…cos if you go down the local nick…i’m pretty much sure they can tell you of many more stories similar and worse…all commited by indigenous british birth certificate holders.

And for those whom still want to bore us to death about foreigners working over here…u seem to fail to understand we are dealing with a death…not a case of kick them out…send them home…or have you all changed tact…and want them shipped home any which way…Cos if so i’ve got a great idea for creating jobs in the building trade…GAS CHAMBERS!!!..Sort everything out…British man back in work … the economy rolling back to normal in no time…

FOOLS!!!

Uh oh…

I really must have hit my head harder than I thought… I am agreeing with SS!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You do have to wonder about the callousness that is being displayed here. I would have hoped that, should that sort of accident happen to me, that there would be at least a little sympathy displayed for those I leave behind on these pages. I don’t know. I am always saddened to hear about accidents, especially fatal ones, and I really don’t care what nationality they are. Maybe it is just me…

And I am sorry to hear the driver of the other vehicle has been arrested, but I imagine that will get sorted soon.

just another father ,son, brother etc died… all the family are looking for is help and some closure to this tragic event,we would expect the same surely… :question: :question: drivers in this great country of ours are attacked but we dont get racist on this fact do we… :question: :question: HE WAS A HUMAN AND NEEDS RESPECT IN LIFE ASWEL AS DEATH :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
lets at least keep the british way off fairplay going, things are wrong with this country but to slate a bloke when he has been killed… :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: the ideiots know who they are are not worth a carrott :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS REGARDLESS OF COLOUR/NATIONALITY/FAITH/ :cry:

THICK , DUMB, FOOLS, THATS IS A COMMENT FROM A FELLOW DRIVER, JIST SHAKS MA HEED.
YOU AMATEUR CLOWN!!!

GET WELL SOON BOB, WHAT YOU BEEN UP TO BANGING YOUR HEAD, I GOT OUT THE GAME ABOUT TEN YEAR AGO WAS ON CONTINENTAL WORK DOING OILFIELD EQUIPMENT OUT OF ABERDEEN , JUST GOT SICK OF THE RAT RACE AND RULES AND REGS, STILL DO A BIT CASUAL FOR THE SAME COMPANY WHEN THEY NEED A DRIVER HOLIDAY RELIEF ETC.
MARK.

hptruck:

gezt:

hptruck:

may be different if it was a British driver

Whats the difference !!!
That person is/was maybe someone’s husband/father/brother/dad son etc.
why not get involved if you were there and maybe seen something.
i’m sure if a son /daughter of yours was in a similar accident abroad you would be grateful for any info off a “FOREIGNER”
sorry but your attitude to this thread is disrespectful to the dead person and to all drivers everywhere.
Hope this or anything similar never happens to you. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

When you get attacked by a foriegner and end up in hospital due to the actions of a so called fellow trucker, in this case Algerian, then maybe you would have the attitude I have towards foriegn drivers, dont judge some one you dont know, I am one of those guys that would stop and help or assist a fellow trucker in the UK, providing he was in a British vehicle, but then if I found he was not English, I would not hang around. and like I said I have good cause not to.

I take it we are talking Zona Franca here?? I had some aggro at that place, cept it was not me that hurt… :grimacing: :grimacing:

Coddy:

hptruck:

gezt:

hptruck:

may be different if it was a British driver

Whats the difference !!!
That person is/was maybe someone’s husband/father/brother/dad son etc.
why not get involved if you were there and maybe seen something.
i’m sure if a son /daughter of yours was in a similar accident abroad you would be grateful for any info off a “FOREIGNER”
sorry but your attitude to this thread is disrespectful to the dead person and to all drivers everywhere.
Hope this or anything similar never happens to you. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

When you get attacked by a foriegner and end up in hospital due to the actions of a so called fellow trucker, in this case Algerian, then maybe you would have the attitude I have towards foriegn drivers, dont judge some one you dont know, I am one of those guys that would stop and help or assist a fellow trucker in the UK, providing he was in a British vehicle, but then if I found he was not English, I would not hang around. and like I said I have good cause not to.

I take it we are talking Zona Franca here?? I had some aggro at that place, cept it was not me that hurt… :grimacing: :grimacing:

You probably got your ■■■ kicked.

Grow up!

:unamused: :unamused:

ANDY1961:
Coddy wrote:

I had some aggro at that place, cept it was not me that hurt
[/quote]

ANDY1961:

Grow up!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: FFS Andy. You just don,t care do yer :wink: :wink:

This has gone from a discussion about the death of a Waggon Driver on Immingham Lorry Park. Via an assertion that only wimps would offer their condolences to the family of the dead driver,who they do not know,especially if he is a foreigner; To a UK winning punch-up on Barca.s Zona Franca.( So be warned,sort of thing). Wunder(zbing)bar. Nicht. :angry: :angry:

Its maybe already been said but the paper reports claim the driver of the truck may not have known he had done it so how can he/she come forward if they dont know what there meant to have done■■?

Personally, I always knew better than to park in Zona Franca. Never felt comfortable there so had a spot out of the area that I would park. And I will say, again, that it was generally the brits that kicked off.

MM, I tested the gravel for durability with a Honda Big Red, my head, shoulder and ribs. Turns out the gravel is pretty damned durable… :laughing:

As has been said already, the driver died and probably left a family that are probably still trying to find out what happened and are wondering when they can get the body back for burial. If you cannot put your thoughts towards how you think your family would feel if it were you then maybe you should look a little at yourself instead of being critical.

The driver has been named as Janus Lukaszewzki.
His family are reported to be devastated not suprisingly.
Just a thought, as there are no toilets on immingham lorry park and it is generally full of eastern european trucks over the weekend,
could he have been under a trailer taking a dump.
I am not trying to denegrate the poor man but I pass by on sunday evenings quite a lot and it has occurred to me that there must be a lot of smelly carrier bags left.

Grow up!

:unamused: :unamused:
[/quote]
You obviously know what happened that day then, were you the little scrote who ran away, scared in case he got hit…

Hey mods, can we have a Banker Smilie for Andy (Change B to W) :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: