Trying to keep healthy and watch your weight

An active life helps but the only way to reduce weight is to reduce intake.Increasing output is not advised.!

mutley:
go on holiday to the states, you might not lose any weight but you’ll realise you’re not as fat as you thought you were :smiley:

The UK will overtake the USA on obese rates in 20 years if we keep carrying on. Ive joined a gym but im ■■■■■■■ knackered all the time to even use it :blush: Im trying to stop the snacking by changing it to grapes, berries etc. I have a problem snacking especially if i do any sort of distance.

kr79:
I was just reading the link on the my mate told me thread about the bus company that has put a 23 stone weight limit on there drivers due to the swl of the drivers seat on the bus.
I like the most hgv drivers these days dont have a job that requires much physical effort and have put on a bit of weight since i started doing the job not nowhere near 23 stone though.
I have in the last couple of months joined the gym and cut down on the booze and cut down snacking on sweets etc and lost a stone but want to lose a couple more. Im lucky that my job has pretty regular hours and im home every night so can get to the gym easily and can rely on getting a healthy breakfast and evening meal but do struggle during the day as i like to get out of the truck for my break and its hard to always find something healthy and also not to snack when bored in traffic or waitng to load etc.
I was wondering how other drivers get on with watching there weight and excercising especaily guys who are away all week.

I know that trouble all too well. What I’ve done is to cut my bread consumption in half by stopping taking sarnies to work. I take salad instead, and, as I don’t live too far from work, I cycle in, so that gives me a useful bit of exercise. As far as snacking goes, I carry as wide a selection of fruit as possible to take care of that one(although I fall off the wagon sometimes!). That way I’ve reduced my weight from around 17 stone to 14.5 stone. I’ve still got a bit of a gut, and the actual rate of weight loss has now bottomed out, but I definitely feel better for it. Also, I gave up smoking 3 years ago, and have pretty well stopped drinking …(go on, say it, SAD GIT!!!)

I would like to go for a walk but can’t stand the smell of ■■■■ :cry:

if you think your fat look at this

I went from 23 stone 7 pounds to 17 stone 10 pounds here are the before and after photos

It was really hard work giving up the beer and kebabs and i have quit smoking too 18 monthes ago :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Big ■■■■:
I went from 23 stone 7 pounds to 17 stone 10 pounds here are the before and after photos

It was really hard work giving up the beer and kebabs and i have quit smoking too 18 monthes ago :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Very well done! You look great! It is hard work, but worth it eh? Unfortunately the hard work doesn’t stop though :unamused: Giving up smoking as well - amazing :smiley:

Very brave of you to put photo’s on. I thought about it, but chickened out - I’m too thin-skinned to take the comments :laughing:

gogzy:

the person walking by the pizza place has will power for sure :smiley:

I have two rules for eating 1) dont eat what you cant work off in 12 hours (average shift) . 2)If still hungry after or inbetween meals eat fruit . Not everyones ideal anwser but it works for me :smiley:

/quote]
I ‘Fell Walking’ across the Costco RDC on Wednesday… does that count! (Lost 2 pounds as well!)
[/quote]
i was right behind you, i picked up the 2 pounds and spent in on a bacon butty :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I started boxing in Jan and lost 1 and a half stone in about 6 weeks followed by another half stone in the month after and got down to 14st 7lbs and had hardly any flab left and I got a cracked rib in the ring :smiley: I cut the crap out my diet and cut down massively on weekend beers and kebabs take aways mid week etdc and went back in june when I thought I had healed only to break the rib 4 weeks later again in the ring :frowning: Bloody horrible having a broken rib it was the worst pain I have ever experienced and doc gave me diazapan to get me through the first week I was off my head lol couldnt get behind a wheelm on that was high as a kite :laughing:
I am only just starting to get by without pain and getting a full nights sleep so when I am back off hols in 3 weeks I will be back in the boxing gym again but out of the ring till the new year to give it time to heal properly this time :unamused:
I do wonder how I would stay fit on tramping work but I have a good beaded skipping rope and know my own circuit training and sprints etc but it is finding somewhere where you are parked up not to feel like a complete idiot :smiley:
I want to get down to 13 and darent check the scales to see what I am now lol I was 17 and a half stone 5 years ago though and looking back at the pics I cant believe just how fat and round my whole shape was :open_mouth: It is embarrassing to me I want to look and feel good about myself and I will get back on the wagon in 3 weeks so in the mean time I will make do with dominos pizza and vodka of a weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

true fact people assume there hungry so they eat more truth is there probably in need of water and i would say most are very much de hydrated i drink gallons of the stuff and would urge all to try it u will start feeling better but make sure you got a pee bottle cos u will be ■■■■■■ like a race horse

dustylfc:
true fact people assume there hungry so they eat more truth is there probably in need of water and i would say most are very much de hydrated i drink gallons of the stuff and would urge all to try it u will start feeling better but make sure you got a pee bottle cos u will be ■■■■■■ like a race horse

I’ve heard this theory before, I don’t drink a lot of water, unless I’m getting a sweat on, but I do drink lots of milk, have done since I was a kid, I once saw a nutrionist on telly saying your body treats milk in the same way as water & if the colour, or lack of colour, of my pee is any indication then I am not dehydrated at all, obviously it has fats in it, so it’s not as good for you as water, but it’s a hell of a lot better for you than fizzy drinks :wink:

newmercman:

dustylfc:

I’ve heard this theory before, I don’t drink a lot of water, unless I’m getting a sweat on, but I do drink lots of milk, have done since I was a kid, I once saw a nutrionist on telly saying your body treats milk in the same way as water & if the colour, or lack of colour, of my pee is any indication then I am not dehydrated at all, obviously it has fats in it, so it’s not as good for you as water, but it’s a hell of a lot better for you than fizzy drinks :wink:

yer milk is great stuf gives you different benefits though personally i only use it with protein shake milk give me heart burn and upsets my stomach , i would ask for thoses willing to try it to simply cut down on fried or processed foods no more chocolate and drink plenty of water and nibble on fruit and the odd bag of nuts do this for a short time and feel the difference i understand its difficult but just try it might be a good study , also up you protein vs carbs you will defo feel and see the difference , have smaller meals but more often if possible follow these simple guides and you should feel so much better , exercise is important but alot of us dont do very much so just try and start simple with your diet

Im 147 cm & approx. 45 kg I try to keep myself fit I dont drink fizzy drinks as dont really like them do drink a lot of water I dont eat a lot of chocolate but do have fruit with me health type bars & take my own lunch with me

When I was tramping I did self cater tok my own food with me & cooked in the cab

I do have to be a bit careful with the exercise I do but have been give some by my phiysio

I bought rowing machine :smiley:

gogzy:

Hey Gogzy next time you sneak up behind me, at least ask permission to take my photo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:
Im 147 cm & approx. 45 kg

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bowser:

animal:
Im 147 cm & approx. 45 kg

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yeah, he’s quite slim:
:grimacing:

orys:

bowser:

animal: