Are You A Fatty?

Kinda curious how many heavy people we got on here so…

nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyw … lator.aspx
Yes Bmi isn’t perfect but for the purpose of a forum post it’s fine also I suspect we don’t have many athletic guys or gals on here either. :grimacing:

I’m just in the healthy range at 24.5 and 13 stone.

I have a remarkable metabolism, I have remained almost the same weight and build since I was 21 years old, I am now 64.

BMI 21.1healthy BMI for weight & height

If you on facebook there is a group on there called Truckers that run plenty of drivers on there that not only run but all other exercise with a lot of help support & advice

27.1 for me (midrange overweight), apparently I need to lose 18 kilos or grow 2 feet.
This has come as quite a shock so I’m now comfort eating my way through a pack of chocolate hobnobs.

But it’s a process been dieting ehh I mean changing my eating habits for 10 months now and have lost 1 and a half stone.

Now hit the plateau where more exercise is needed.

For those interested in losing weight don’t go on a diet just make a change to what you eat, when you eat and how you eat, cut out the crap and jobs a good un.
In fact never ever use the phrase ‘im on a diet’.

Course the added bonus is you will lose weight early from your pubic bone area giving more length, reckon I’ve gained at least an inch.
The wife has commented on this during moments of passion and no longer screams “FFS walk towards me”.
Honest this is true and a very valid reason for those in positions like me to consider a weight loss lifestyle change.

As I’m on a ramble here’s what worked for me so far.

First off losing weight is a marathon not a sprint I don’t believe in flip/flop dieting (fast weight loss programs I mean that eventually fail).

Take a good look at yourself and be brutally honest, yes you Fatty Mcfatfukr.
Look at what your eating and drinking and make a positive change.
I’m not talking alchohol, that comes later. You want to lose weight not be a permanently miserable sober bugger.

To start with just make these changes in the week then eat what you like the weekend. Naturally you will start to make changes the weekend anyway.

Get to know your food, i.e. read the labels. It’s a bit of a con but instead of picking that ready meal that’s got all red flags on salt/sugar/fat/saturated fat content look for green ones.
Better still make your own meals.

For me these are my swaps in the truck:

Snack chicken nuggets/mini scotch eggs/pork pies… Swapped for plum tomatoes.

Normal milk… Swapped for oat milk (very nice)

Snap vans swapped for soups/ sandwich fillers and wholemeal rolls.

One day a week have a Salad instead of an evening meal, bit tough this but Tuna/mackerel salads are really nice.

Fish is very important part of my diet, after all we evolved from the sea so it’s natural.

Try having a non meat day, you may find you ■■■ better as well.
Look at your poos, if your regularly doing chocolate mousse arris explosions this is not good. Should be getting a nice solid clean stool at least once a week, you know the ones where a single sheet of loo roll is all that’s needed to give your winker a shine, think of it as a ‘glory wipe’.

Exercise more, walk a bit further every day and even a bit faster, masterbate at least once every two days (this is vital and yes for ladies as well, to be fair I’m doing enough for all of us). Take it easy though you don’t want to go into the higher calorie demand zone to soon.

Won’t work for everybody, may not work for anybody but is working for me.

Oh and your not going on a bloody diet your just making changes to lose a few pounds.

In my next chapter I will be discussing the importance of not weighing yourself to often and vacuum bag ■■■■.

When I started trunking I always took amsandwiches and found I was eating constantly, soon put tne pounds on. Then I started making salads, chicken thighs, tuna and the rest, felt much better for it and Not so bloated. Found that bread can be a big culprit there…nothinh new but my BMI hasn’t changed and to be fair it depends where you check your BMI in what you are. I’m 6ft 3 and 16 stone. Some say im obese and others say im just in the ok range.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Was about 20 Stone,nownear 15 stone.

Fat weightlifter here. Used to do strongman and have some fairly decent lifts for a fat natty (natty = not on steroids)

Edit: Adding on to what Dipper Dave is saying, tracking your calories is the only way to lose weight, calories in vs calories out and if you’re sat behind the wheel all day you’re not using many calories, for those with a smart phone or pc (obviously we all have a computer) make an account on my fitness pal myfitnesspal.com/ there is also an app to download on your phone, fill in the details when you make your account and be honest with it and yourself, it tells you how many calories you’re taking in per day and if you need to lose weight drop your calories by say 100 a day, to gain weight obviously eat more.

I’m about 8 feet too short for my weight [emoji25]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi i’m a fat trucker…inside there’s a slightly less fat trucker trying to get out… :frowning:

Not wanting to be a party pooper here, but to quote the comedian Chubby Brown, “Your mouth is 3 times bigger than your ar$e hole”
So it’s far too easy as a driver to shove more in your gob, than what comes out the other end, resulting in obesity.
Also while your indulging in a few cold beers down the pub tonight, remember a pint of beer is approximately 300-400 calories, so a moderate drinking session tonight can easily exceed your recommend daily calorific intake in beer alone, then no doubt there’ll be the stop at the takeaway on the way home.

wilburwyc:
Hi i’m a fat trucker…inside there’s a slightly less fat trucker trying to get out… :frowning:

Did you eat him?

6 foot, very slim build and classed as anorexic… can eat junk all week and not put a pound on, don’t think I’ve gained any weight since I left school 16 years ago… I don’t have a eating disorder I love my food, always had issues with IBS since a small lad

Nope, fat people are disgusting and deserve only ridicule.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Nope, fat people are disgusting and deserve only ridicule.

:laughing:

I am a normal size…but have the proverbial beer belly …it doesnt and hasnt changed for a number of years…but it does bother me at times…i am thinking about exercise to cure that.

BMI is an imperfect system to be fair. Putting muscle mass to one side there are a lot of people with a BMI of 27 to even 30/31 who don’t look ‘fat’.
I’m not a doctor though so those people may well be at a greater risk of heart disease etc but to me they look to be at a healthy weight.
In fact I think most truckers who have a bit of a beer belly ( I mean bit) aren’t really fat and are for the most part healthy.

Ice road trucker guy bit overweight but perfectly fine and not fat other guy needs to lose some serious weight.
In my opinion fat people should be called out on there fatness as it is a drain on the NHS but only people who are actually proper fat.
An easy test is this to check if your too fat: test is 1 do you get out of breath climbing into the truck and 2 does your belly get in the way of the steering wheel. :grimacing:

I know some people say smoking is more of a drain on the NHS but we tax the hell out of smokers, I wouldn’t be surprised if 70% of the cost of cigarettes is tax.
As for Alcohol they tried doing the same thing to it and in the end people turned to buying the cheap stuff from supermarkets which just decimated the PUB industry.

Yup…quite lucky as I’m 6’4’’ and have a larger frame so pull off my 21 stone reasonably well- however it does take it’s toll on your mentality- I was so much happier and felt I could do more when I was 18st, put on 3st in a year and a half of trucking. Not good.

adam277:
BMI is an imperfect system to be fair. Putting muscle mass to one side there are a lot of people with a BMI of 27 to even 30/31 who don’t look ‘fat’.
I’m not a doctor though so those people may well be at a greater risk of heart disease etc but to me they look to be at a healthy weight.
In fact I think most truckers who have a bit of a beer belly ( I mean bit) aren’t really fat and are for the most part healthy.

Ice road trucker guy bit overweight but perfectly fine and not fat other guy needs to lose some serious weight.
In my opinion fat people should be called out on there fatness as it is a drain on the NHS but only people who are actually proper fat.
An easy test is this to check if your too fat: test is 1 do you get out of breath climbing into the truck and 2 does your belly get in the way of the steering wheel. :grimacing:

I know some people say smoking is more of a drain on the NHS but we tax the hell out of smokers, I wouldn’t be surprised if 70% of the cost of cigarettes is tax.
As for Alcohol they tried doing the same thing to it and in the end people turned to buying the cheap stuff from supermarkets which just decimated the PUB industry.

I’ll take the obvious bait.

19.5 stone 6ft2. BMI 34.9 according to nhs website. Making me obese but I already knew that.

Call me out on my fatness all you want, it just a form of bullying as far as I am concerned. A drain on the nhs, have never been seen by or had to see any health professional with regard to my weight so thats utter ■■■■■■■■.

I can even climb a flight of stairs not just into the three steps into the cab.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I’m not trying to bait.
Tbh 19 stone is not that fat for someone who is 6ft 2.
Maybe it’s bullying but maybe that is what’s needed people shouldn’t be able to eat themselves to 40 stone then expect the NHS to spend 100s of thousands fixing it.
The guy in the high vis is about 34 stone…
I don’t think we should fat shame people who could probably lose a few stone just the ones that need to lose a few dozen stone.
For example imagine having to sit next to this guy.