Drivers diet and fitness

What are your eating habits like and what do you do in the way of exercise or trying to keep yourself fit.?

Personally speaking, a pie and a pint puts about 2lb on me. I find it difficult to keep to a balanced diet when at work. I don’t eat in cafes and as I don’t do nights out I can take a packed lunch every day. However, when you start at 4am its hard going to eat a salad at 8 when what you really want is a full English.
I try to get to the gym 3 times a week and find that helps keep me reasonably fit. I also do loads of stretches after a long drive and before I get in the back of the trailer to tip.
Any good truckers diets or exercise plans would be helpful so come on folks, lets hear from all you super fit, toned truckers out there!!! :wink: :wink:

You could try taking one of those jobs that pay minimum wage then you can’t afford to eat and you have to walk everywhere cos you’ll have to sell your car. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I definately wouldn’t say I’m fit or toned, I am slightly overweight (should I be fined for that?). I have been vegetarian for many years & am currently on a vegan diet. I am lucky in that I only live a short distance from work so can cycle a few times a week.

As for my eating habits…well I can eat whatever I like 'cos I wont put a pound on (not through want of trying mined) full English everyday sounds good… Probably catch up with me when I hit middle age though. :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

:smiley: Packed lunch like yourself. But have you got a smiley face on your lunchbox like mine? I think not. :sunglasses:

2x tuna and cheese salad in wholemeal (don’t say i don’t tell you everything) pitta bread.

A genuine health bar.

2-3 red bull.

I could cope without the food. But not without the red bull!

Exercise=Yoga is boring as hell. But very relaxing. So yoga in my dreams. Nothing in reality. :smiley:

Correct weight for height.

My diet was different a few years ago. Everything salty was good! (Chrisps, :smiling_imp: mayo, :smiling_imp: tuna in brine, :smiling_imp: ) Off i trundled to the doc one day, for a mundane reason. And she very nearly put me on the sick. :open_mouth: Because my blood pressure was sky high. Not being on long distances at that time saved me. You should have seen how quick i changed my diet after that! (Or how much i was pleading with her. I might just as well have been grabbing on to her ankles. So not a good look! :laughing: )

I take a light packed lunch. If I ate a full english I’d want to sleep after it.

Fairly lucky in that I dont gain weight easily so as long as I’m not silly with it, anything goes really.

I used to have a very strict training regime in a Gym but now my only exercise is running people down and jumping to conclusions.

OI

you lot are showing me up. i eat at burger vans whenever possible. cheap and decent food plus i can get coffee. as for exercise, i drive rigids. handball aplenty :laughing:

My good old mum always refers to me as (one of pharoahs lean kind) cos I eat and eat and dont put on an ounce!!

Breakfast = couple of ■■■■, coffee and bacon butty, mid-morning break = sausage/egg sarnie, coffee, again couple of ■■■■, lunch= truckers’ fry-up with extra chips and remainder of pack of ■■■■ not forgetting coffee, mid afternoon= eat cheese salad sarnies that wife packed up for me :open_mouth: open new pack of ■■■■, tea= roast beef, yorkies ect. If I think about doing any exercise I go for a lie down until the thought passes :smiley: :smiley:

0900 full english
1200chips and sausage (battered)
1500 whatever i can get out of the services sweet counter for under a fiver
1800 meat and two veg :open_mouth:
1900 2 cans of lager and bag of crisps (large)
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
5’9" 11st
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

penfold:
Breakfast = couple of ■■■■, coffee and bacon butty, mid-morning break = sausage/egg sarnie, coffee, again couple of ■■■■, lunch= truckers’ fry-up with extra chips and remainder of pack of ■■■■ not forgetting coffee, mid afternoon= eat cheese salad sarnies that wife packed up for me :open_mouth: open new pack of ■■■■, tea= roast beef, yorkies ect. If I think about doing any exercise I go for a lie down until the thought passes :smiley: :smiley:

mezzzz1211:
0900 full english
1200chips and sausage (battered)
1500 whatever i can get out of the services sweet counter for under a fiver
1800 meat and two veg :open_mouth:
1900 2 cans of lager and bag of crisps (large)
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
5’9" 11st
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you [zb’s] I only have to look at that much food to put on weight :imp: :imp: :imp: :laughing:

This is one of my pet hates. The food available at the times you want to eat.

I don’t take sandwiches because, as soon as the Cruise Control goes on, the lack of anything to do with hands means that the sandwiches come out. Nothing to do with being hungry. More a case of occupying the hands.

Burger bars and the like, I frequent whenever possible. These people are going out on a limb to generate their own income, and, no doubt, ripping the Government off no end in undeclared income. :smiley: The main thing that I look for is the Food Hygiene certificate. Although, when you see Alex just past the Tesco RDC at Didcot. I’d rather she be ‘dirty’. :astonished:

My main complaint is that whenever you ask “What have you got that hasn’t been fried?”, you get a blank look. Having spent time in the States, I’m not averse to a bowl of Chilli for breakfast. Particularly in the winter months. Surely there is nothing wrong with a good dish of stew and a hunk of bread.

The menu could be variable Lancashire Hotpot, Rabbit stew. Bouillabaisse. It must be Friday.

What appears unexplainable is that whilst such dishes are easily prepared and can allowed to simmer overnight, so few outlets, if any, offer them as a healthy alternative.

Krankee:
The menu could be variable Lancashire Hotpot, Rabbit stew. Bouillabaisse. It must be Friday.

Just for a change, you could call it Irish stew or casserole too :smiley: .

Diet? :confused: Fitness? :confused: Sorry I’ll have to get back to you when I’ve looked those words up in the dictionary and have a better understanding of the question being asked. :wink: :smiley:

Simon:

Krankee:

Just for a change, you could call it Irish stew or casserole too :smiley: .

or estafado or panackilty

:astonished:

Well, this week has been the start of my healthy eating week as mentioning a couple of my ‘ailments’ to a friend ‘in-the-know’ hastily suggested I paid a sharp visit to my quack to get my ticker checked over :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Of course, like a lot of folks, I go along with the theory that “it will be summat and nowt” and put off going to see said quack for as long as possible :confused: .

The 3 times a week deep-pan pepperoni pizza’s, umpteen tins of beer, umpteen garage sarnies loaded with mayo and unhealthy stuff and bottles of pop etc coupled with absolutely no exercise other than walking from the truck to the booking in office and back again might just be a contributory factor … :confused:

I’m 6’3 and reckon I’m around the 15.5 stone mark, which isn’t far off what I should be for my height but I’ve allus been a form believer in that when you can’t see your, er, for your gut, you know you’re overweight :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

This weeks food has consisted of a nice sensible-sized portion bowl of porridge Tuesday morning, then an Cripps Pink apple and Navel orange for lunch along with a nice cheese omelette, chips and garden peas, an unbattered fish for tea, coupled with most of a litre carton of real apple & mango juice from Asda throughout the day and a litre bottle of water.

Wednesday had an apple for brekkie and the remainder of the apple juice. Lunch had a large baked spud with beans and grated cheese. Tea I wasn’t feeling hungry so just had another orange and apple washed down with a fresh carton of Orange & Grapefruit juice.

Thursday I woke up with a cracking migraine and felt terrible all day. Lots of water and a couple of apples and oranges with about half a bag of seedless grapes then a tuna and onion baguette for my tea which I didn’t really enjoy as I still wasn’t feeling hungry.

Friday, so far today just fruit, water and fruit juice but will be having a joint of pork later with savoy cabbage, baby spuds and gravy.

Overall I’ve been feeling much better for it too :slight_smile:

penfold:

Penfold started out on 35 cwt vans graduated to 3.5 tonners and he’s just about to go STGO Cat 1, not for the cargo just for his belly. :smiley:

well it’s either a 5 course meal in a french routier :open_mouth: or 2 packets of cheap ■■■■, Im trying to give up smoking, cos its bad for your wallet and my doctor lent me the money :stuck_out_tongue:

thinks

well, today I have had 2 slices of bread and butter, 2 whole packets of jaffa cakes, a lemon cheesecake flavoured yoghurt and some chocolate ie cream.

Yesterday was a yoghurt, an aero, a jumbo sized packet of crisps, jaffa cakes, 2 burgers with bacon and a blackcurrant cheesecake.

I might not have got this diet thing quite right. At least the dog keeps me up with the excercise - 2 walks a day.

I dislike the fact that burgerbars tend not to have anything not fried. At 7am in the morning I want toast, not cheeseburgers! Unfortunately, its not like you can easily pop into tesco and pick up a salad or a sandwich.
Heck, I have a hard time finding a newsagents I can park near!

get all the exercise i need at work,throwing 22 gallon beer barrells about all day.asfor diet .cereal for breakfast skimmed milk.sandwiches for snap, no greasy spoons,dinner will be low calorie.in between that lot i will be consuming as much ale as i can.