TRUKWARRINGTON : Anyone used them for training?

I am looking to go for my class 1
Anyone know of the reputation of TRUKWARRINGTON or of any other good training companies in or around Liverpool.
trukwarrington.com/hgv-train … ington.htm

Cheers
Daz

It’d make me wonder about their credibility straight away with not being able to spell their company name correctly. :exclamation:

This is their full UK website trucktraininguk.com/
looks like they have expanded to Warrington now as well

Rigid vehicles require an LGV Category C licence. This licence is the new replacement HGV Class 2 and 3 licence. The benefits of the LGV Cat C licence is drivers are qualified to drive any rigid vehicle with no restrictions on number axles, weight or size.

Not such a ‘new’ licence as it’s been arround since 1997 :laughing:

Articulated vehicles or vehicle pulling a trailer require an LGV Category C+E licence

Not strictly true, you can tow upto 750kg. Although it would seldom happen in practice.

On the face of it though it doesnt look too bad. As the price includes the medical and theory tests.

Check if it’s one to one tutition though, if you have to share the vehicle with another or even 2 candidates then it’s not so hot.

I used them for my class 2 and have just gone back for class 1, didnt do ma any harm anyway lol

I used the 1 in Bolton, same outfit. If you want anymore info you can pm me

Cheers

Steve

PS…dennis’s post wasnt there when i replied (!), but I had 1-2-1 tuition throughout

I can recommend: elgv.com/ its slap bang in the middle of Manchester, really nice bakery round the corner as well for some pie action :laughing:

top bunch of guys especially Keith, that man is a seasoned pro! :smiley:

hi Russ
I have info on them in my draw…they are about 1.5 miles from my work in Lever St Manchester

Darren:
hi Russ
I have info on them in my draw…they are about 1.5 miles from my work in Lever St Manchester

I went to them on reccomendation from 2 of my pals that passed with them, great guys, had a real laugh while I was learning :smiley:

there about 8 instructors there, Alan, Ken and Keith trained me all 1-1, Keith being the best in my opinion!

here’s the Big Boy I passed in :wink:

thats what i want to hear positive recomendations from X pupils

PS…dennis’s post wasnt there when i replied (!), but I had 1-2-1 tuition throughout

Something they should include one their website then :wink:

dennisw1:
Something they should include one their website then :wink:

yeah, might be a plus point :wink:

It seems most companies are charging pretty much the same - around £30/£40 per hour.
When you work it out with running costs, instructors wages, test fees and the like it is pretty average.
The ones that worry me are the ones who advertise amazingly low prices. I wonder if most of the so called ‘training time’ is spent parked up going through theory instead of getting on with the road work.
I know of one firm who advertise 20 hours of training but in actual fact they spend a minimun of 12 of these hours in the ‘classsroom’ doing questions and driving theory. All this is to save running costs.
I agree that aa certain amount of time parked up having a good chat about progress and answering questions is par for the course and vrey helpful but 12 hours out of 20■■?
I am NOT a fan of 1 to 1 training as I know from experience the lone trainee gets very tired and worn and the day has to be dragged out with plenty of refreshment stops. The brain can only take so much and it’s not fair to push the poor guys who are trying their best to take it all in.
At the end of the day it matters little which school you chose - it is all down to the particular instructor you get for your course - some are far better than others. Thats a fact of life i am afraid and most schools have both types of instructor working for them.

Mothertrucker:
I am NOT a fan of 1 to 1 training as I know from experience the lone trainee gets very tired and worn and the day has to be dragged out with plenty of refreshment stops. The brain can only take so much and it’s not fair to push the poor guys who are trying their best to take it all in.

I disagree. Way back when I did mine the tuition was 121 and the lessons were 4hrs long. I thoroughly enjoyed it as I got lots of practice in. Maybe my concentration span is better than most; I dunno. If it had have been shared tuition then I wouldn’t have used that training school or I would have expected the price to be reduced by 50%.

Yes, mostly four hours a day is ok for 1 to 1 then another in the afternoon.
I did mine that way actually but if the day is shared then its an eight hour trianing day so each trainee is out for double the time so possibly a lot more sinks in.
It’s horses for courses though. Most are happy wit the two up training but if one trainee insists on being alone in the truck with the instructor then we bow to their wishes. It’s their money at the end of the day so they can chose - we only advise.

we only advise.

Well I donly advise and go with the trainees wishes - but some driving schools dont give a choice. It is best to get it sorted out BEFORE you part with your money.

Trouble is though, that many schools charge more or less the same for shared as others do for one to one.

So the reality is when you’re in a shared vehicle, you end up paying the same amount but only get half the time behind the wheel. The other problem is if the other guy isnt as good as you he’ll tend to get even more time behind the wheel. I mean i’m paying for driving lessons, not a taxi ride.

Personally i find time goes a lot more quickly driving than it does sitting in the passenger seat anyway.

IMO like I’ve said before the sole purpose of training is to get a test pass, ideally first time. I appreciate that paying the same for a course where you may get less hours appears wrong but long term does it really matter when the quality of the training is superior.

you end up paying the same amount but only get half the time behind the wheel

No, actualy this is wrong. For example, a trainee pays X amount for a 20 hour course.
This could run over 5 days taking in four hours training a day on a 1 to 1 basis.

• if there are two in the cab as in a joint course then the training session would be eight hours a day over 5 days - a total of 40 hours training which is 20 hours each so each trainee gets the amount of time that they have paid for.
    Same with 15 hour courses or whatever the trainee has paid for. They have to get their fair amount of hours.
    I agree that some instructors may concentrate on a poorer driver at the expense of the other and similarly other instructors will concentrate on the good driver, deciding that the other is not worth worrying about.
    I believe that to be bad practice and alway try to be fair and give each driver a fair amount of training.
    Of course I can only speak for myself and how I work my training sessions and it is not a perfect world but I doubt that any driving school cuts the training hours in half with joint courses. They would not get away with it.

Trouble is all the schools round here quote a price for a course by the day ie. a 3 day course, none of them say an X hour course.

3 days shared is only half the time of 3 days solo, but the same price.

So basically many schools round here are making £60ish and hour rather than £30ish, because they’re getting the same time paid for twice. So you cant blame an instructor for singing the praises of double manning, when they can get twice as many pupils through and twice the money.

Really whether you prefer a long concentrated day or a day broken up by short stints is down to the individual and how you take things in. Although if you find an 8 hour day behind the wheel too much, then this probably isnt the industry for you anyway.

What you need to do is examine what you’re paying and what you’re actually getting. You need to check to see how much time you’ll get at the wheel and compare that. Because at the end of the day the only place you’ll learn is at the wheel, not sitting in the passenger seat.

dennisw1:
Trouble is all the schools round here quote a price for a course by the day ie. a 3 day course, none of them say an X hour course.

3 days shared is only half the time of 3 days solo, but the same price.

So basically many schools round here are making £60ish and hour rather than £30ish, because they’re getting the same time paid for twice. So you cant blame an instructor for singing the praises of double manning, when they can get twice as many pupils through and twice the money.

Really whether you prefer a long concentrated day or a day broken up by short stints is down to the individual and how you take things in. Although if you find an 8 hour day behind the wheel too much, then this probably isnt the industry for you anyway.

What you need to do is examine what you’re paying and what you’re actually getting. You need to check to see how much time you’ll get at the wheel and compare that. Because at the end of the day the only place you’ll learn is at the wheel, not sitting in the passenger seat.

Yes I agree. I knew it was always a raw deal somewhere if it wasn’t 121.

Going back to the original subject

I done my class 2 with Truk Training in Warrington at the time they only had one instructor there called Neil, I think there might be two now. Neil is a fantastic instructor and he got me through my test 1st time with a 16hr training course.

At the moment they dont do class 1 at warrington so Ive gone to the Bolton Branch to do my class 1.

I think theyre a great training school and Id reccommend them to anyone.