Training in Liverpool

Hi Folks,

Looking to do my Cat.C (possibly not till next year) but i was wondering if any one has had the pleasure of training with this company > trukwarrington.com/lgv-hgv-training.html

I got a really good quote for the training as they ask you to call them directly to get a price. The total cost was approx £1200. This includes free driver assesment , around 16 hours behind the wheel ect ect.

My one fear would be simply ‘to good to be true’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for any help/advice

sinclair89

Hi

Don’t worry about the price. It’s not extremely cheap nor very expensive.

Can you get a recommendation? Visit them before you part with your hard earned.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi

Don’t worry about the price. It’s not extremely cheap nor very expensive.

Can you get a recommendation? Visit them before you part with your hard earned.

Hi Pete,

Wouldnt know where or how to get a recomendation :S

I will definatly give them a visit though.

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be difficult. I thought you may know someone who had trained recently. But here is a link to trainers recommended by readers of this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

And, like you said, visit them to make sure you’re happy.

Peter Smythe:
Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be difficult. I thought you may know someone who had trained recently. But here is a link to trainers recommended by readers of this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

And, like you said, visit them to make sure you’re happy.

I do apologise if i came across as making it difficult, you wasnt. :slight_smile:

what should I expect from the company if I do go down and visit. Any Tell Tale signs I should keep and eye out for?? (sorry for the load of Questions)

Nathan

Im in Liverpool mate, I live in Gaston…

Ive got an assessment drive with AJM Transport over the water in Wallasey on the Wirral. He seems like a very good chap not as expensive as that. It’s £79 per 2 hours with him a good few of my friends have passed with him.

quinnylad:

Ive got an assessment drive with AJM Transport over the water in Wallasey on the Wirral. He seems like a very good chap not as expensive as that. It’s £79 per 2 hours with him a good few of my friends have passed with him.

I’m just leaving work now I will defo give them a look when I get home!

Thanks quinnylad

… and that’s what a recommendation looks like!!

It’s a very low rate. Make sure you’re happy with the condition of the truck, comfortable with the trainer.

Then if you’re happy, given the recommendation, go for it. Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you very much guys! Just checking out AJM now. I have 3 possible leads now.

I will be in and around thenforums so I will try to keep you all updated.

Nathan

Hi Nathan, why not try Paul at Hindley Green LGV Training,its only 30 mins up the East Lancs, one to one friendly training and his prices don’t break the bank.

I passed my cat c at the first attempt with him ( my training blog is on here somewhere), i am doing my c+e with him in 2 weeks, his website is:

www.paulslgvtraining.co.uk

John.

driverjohn:
Hi Nathan, why not try Paul at Hindley Green LGV Training,its only 30 mins up the East Lancs, one to one friendly training and his prices don’t break the bank.

I passed my cat c at the first attempt with him ( my training blog is on here somewhere), i am doing my c+e with him in 2 weeks, his website is:

paulslgvtraining.co.uk

John.

Cheers mate, seems like a really good company to go with. Congrats on passing your Cat C and good luck with the C + E

I did my C with TRUK Warrington in 2008 and with no problems at all, infact i recommended them on here at that time. I attempted C+E with them and i must stress that i failed the test not them, however i wouldnt go back and use them again. As far as im aware they run all courses from Bolton these days.
After my TRUK training i went and had a few hours driving with Paul at Hindley Green Lgv, because i needed to know if i was wasting my time and money chasing a C+E pass, all i can say is give him a call and go and have an assessment.

chunky monkey:
I did my C with TRUK Warrington in 2008 and with no problems at all, infact i recommended them on here at that time. I attempted C+E with them and i must stress that i failed the test not them, however i wouldnt go back and use them again. As far as im aware they run all courses from Bolton these days.
After my TRUK training i went and had a few hours driving with Paul at Hindley Green Lgv, because i needed to know if i was wasting my time and money chasing a C+E pass, all i can say is give him a call and go and have an assessment.

Well this is a second recomendation for Hindley Green. Will give them a ring when I get spare time. (security work is such a pain :stuck_out_tongue: ) Thanks chunky monkey.

HI i passed in 2008 with truk warrington they are a great bunch but think they have moved now. dont know of any other trainers in the area

If you have the time check all of them out as just because 1 suits 1 person it may not suit you

As Peter has said go visit them talk to the instructors see how you feel with them see if you can do an assessment drive with them when the time is right for you to see how comfterble you feel with them before parting with your money