The HGV Training centre?

I do apologise if this question or topic has been covered before. I HAVE tried to use the search function but I’m having no luck on this Tablet.

I’m looking for opinions or advice about this training provider… hgvtraining.co.uk/ … I applied through a job website for HGV training, and they contacted me saying that they were a national company with an employment section also. He quoted the price of £2697 for Cat 2 training then stated that I could be earning £27k once qualified.

To me, this all sounds a bit fishy with no hurdles along the way… I was wondering if they were a 3rd party broker or something like that… I don’t quite know the terminology.

Basically… I’ll be moving down to Bournemouth in the next couple of weeks and was looking for a career change after working as a service driver for Volkswagon…

Gaz

Sounds very expensive for a cat c training only. Shouldn’t be paying over £1500. Sounds like a broker. There is a couple of links at the top of the newbies page which gives you advice on training.

HGV LGV TRAINING by MADBAZ
LGV TRAINING TIPS by ROG

It’s a broker…AVOID LIKe THE PLAGUE,seriously!.

Def sounds like a broker! STAY WELL CLEAR! cat c training should cost no more then £1400 I have just paid £2485 for class 2 class 1 and cpc so use that as a guideline mate. Look online for different companies and book assessment drives with companies (These are usually free!) to see how they are, then make your decision based on prices and what you think :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot fellas - Good to know :slight_smile:

I’ve contacted him by email saying that the price is ridiculous and I’ve already had 3 calls and 2 emails from him trying to change my mind etc.

Oh yes another broker…

a company that claims they have national status , yet will just farm / sub the work out to any one of the local training companies… normal the one that can do it at the cheapest price, maximising there profits
and the wide claims of driver shortages and highly paid jobs… wouldn’t touch them for all the tea in china… its all BS

If your down Bournemouth way, check out by-pass.co.uk/

Other than that look out for ROG and click on his links of training providers

Or just in general searching for the area you wish to train and then seeing them like I explained before :slight_smile:

They are a broker. I used them, (didn’t do my research). That price is more than I paid for class 1&2 and 14 hrs towards cpc. That was only 2yrs ago so wonder if that’s what you’re being quoted. To be fair they did what they said and now have my licences. Though wish I looked into options first.

Swampey2418:
Other than that look out for ROG and click on his links of training providers

That’ll be the link in my signature below :smiley:

Hi,

Please do NOT use them.
They are a broker as others have said.
Some may say going about things this way has worked for them, but in general they are just an extra layer that you do NOT need and for which you will pay extra. And if you follow that line of thought, you’ll understand how they just tend to get in the way between you and the school you eventually sign-up with.
There is literally nothing they can do that you cannot do yourself, or with the help of an independent school.

And yes, once they have your name and number they will shower you with calls where they will talk the talk etc etc.
Just tell them firmly to not call again if that kind of thing aggravates you.
After they have your money, it’s funny how it’s then very much more difficult to get hold of ‘one of their team’ to find something out.

Do your research on here and look at the list of recommended schools.

Then search on those schools and see what people have experienced before.
If you can’t find any info, then ask again here.
Then go for for AT LEAST a couple of assessment drives and see how you feel.

Then, before you hand over your money, ask again here if you are at all unsure on anything.

GL,
Jon