True or False

Hi everyone. Just one question, is it against the law NOT to carry your Digi Card with you at all times wether driving or not :exclamation:

Iirc. If you have applied for and have received a digi card then you must have it in your possession when driving a tachograph enabled vehicle even if it is a vehicle with an analogue tachograph

It is on your drivers record at dvla if you have been issued with one. I have an entry to this effect on my online drivers record.

However it does not matter whether you have it on your person when driving your car or when in the pub.

I take it that is what your question refers to.

jackg:
Hi everyone. Just one question, is it against the law NOT to carry your Digi Card with you at all times wether driving or not :exclamation:

No, it just regular driver’s BS.

Yes, even when you are in bed or having a bath, some bloke in Chippenham truckstop told me that so it must be true. :wink:

The following extract is taken from “The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence)
Regulations 2007”

Regulation 11 requires a driver who is required to have a CPC or who is exempt because he is
undergoing an approved national vocational training course to carry evidence of that entitlement
while driving and to produce it on demand by a police constable or vehicle examiner. Failure to do
so is an offence punishable with a fine up to level 3 on the standard scale.

The Criminal Justice Act 1982 sets out what the maximum fine for each level is is follows
Level 1 - £200
Level 2 - £500
Level 3 - £1000
Level 4 - £2500
Level 5 - £5000

Regards

John
Flair Training

LGVTrainer:
The following extract is taken from “The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence)
Regulations 2007”

Regulation 11 requires a driver who is required to have a CPC or who is exempt because he is
undergoing an approved national vocational training course to carry evidence of that entitlement
while driving and to produce it on demand by a police constable or vehicle examiner. Failure to do
so is an offence punishable with a fine up to level 3 on the standard scale.

The Criminal Justice Act 1982 sets out what the maximum fine for each level is is follows
Level 1 - £200
Level 2 - £500
Level 3 - £1000
Level 4 - £2500
Level 5 - £5000

Regards

John
Flair Training

Not relevant to the OP’s question.

His question was about Driver’s Digital Tachograph Cards and whether you need to carry it when visiting rich Auntie Gwen at the weekend in your clapped out, rattling and smoking Mondeo in the hope she feels sorry for you or popping down the kebab house for a large doner. You don’t.

Sorry totally misread the OP. Somehow thought the question was about CPC. Must be getting old…

Must be getting old…

Hey! That’s my excuse - Gerrof!! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s covered by the same regs that says the driver has to keep however many cards with him at any given time. You have to carry your digicard as well/instead. Of course if you’re in an out of scope vehicle and don’t have it with you and get a tug you could just pretend to get it from your wallet, realise it’s not there and take the opportunity to report the lost card to the police officer or vosa chap there and then, before they can do you for not producing your card. You can’t be done for losing it as long as you inform them as soon as you realise and of course if you were to find it when you got home, bingo!

baby seal:
It’s covered by the same regs that says the driver has to keep however many cards with him at any given time. You have to carry your digicard as well/instead. Of course if you’re in an out of scope vehicle and don’t have it with you and get a tug you could just pretend to get it from your wallet, realise it’s not there and take the opportunity to report the lost card to the police officer or vosa chap there and then, before they can do you for not producing your card. You can’t be done for losing it as long as you inform them as soon as you realise and of course if you were to find it when you got home, bingo!

What a crock of ■■■■, if your in an out of scope vehicle you don’t need your card, charts, hiviz, hard hat, or your book of mmtm myths. If you do report it lost at the roadside (your in the ■■■ any way) and find it later I would be tempted to keep it lost.

In reply to the OP, if your driving a tacho vehicle, digi or analogue you need your digi card with you, rule of thumb if your in anything 3.5 tonne or less MAM/GVW then you don’t need it.

MADBAZ:

baby seal:

What a crock of [zb], if your in an out of scope vehicle you don’t need your card, charts, hiviz, hard hat, or your book of mmtm myths. If you do report it lost at the roadside (your in the ■■■ any way) and find it later I would be tempted to keep it lost.

In reply to the OP, if your driving a tacho vehicle, digi or analogue you need your digi card with you, rule of thumb if your in anything 3.5 tonne or less MAM/GVW then you don’t need it.

^^^^^THIS! :sunglasses:

Sorry wrong use of out of scope. I meant a vehicle with an analogue tacho rather than digi.