Analogue and digi use

After some info and possibly a link.

Been told today that you need to carry printouts from your digi card if you drive both digi and analogue. I allways thought you just needed your digi card and any tacho discs.

Would be gratefull of any link to relevant booklet as we are covering it tomorrow on a dcpc course

You have been told ■■■■■■■■. There is no need to carry printouts, all the information is on the card and if you are stopped they will read that.

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

Bottom of page 38 has some info about mixed use and there is no mention of printouts, if they were required it would say so there.

The occasions when printouts are legally required is clearly defined and are when your card is lost, stolen or malfunctioning or when you need to correct something, such as wrong mode, or explain a deviation from the regulations, going over driving time for example. That’s all and any other printouts are just a waste of paper and have as much legal standing as a sheet of toilet paper.

Henrys cat:
Been told today that you need to carry printouts from your digi card if you drive both digi and analogue.

Been told that myself a few times by a few different people but as Coffee says it is just another load of MMTM drivers nonsense.

Paul

Cheers for that. Will look at it when I get home

Thanks Coffee, its at the bottom of page 36

Be able to produce at the roadside:

• charts and any legally required manual records for the current day and previous 28 calender days and
  • the drivers digital smart card if they hold one

Will see what happens tomorrow :slight_smile:

You sure you weren’t told this by a DCPC trainer ? :wink:

shep532:

Yes I was, in the course yesterday (Law for the Driver), and told we’d go into it on todays course (drivers hours and tachographs). If your doing a course today in Nottinghamshire Shep we could have some fun :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, I’ve had the ‘printout at end of shift’ advice from different trainers in different parts of the transport industry. However, upon advice of The Coffee Drinker here I shall refrain in the future of doing such things whilst remembering to carry my spare rolls with me :wink:

shep532:

It would either be a DCPC trainer or a captive RDC driver, they both tend to spout an equal amount of ■■■■■■■■, must be something to do with the letters D and C. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

shep532:

It would either be a DCPC trainer or a captive RDC driver, they both tend to spout an equal amount of ■■■■■■■■, must be something to do with the letters D and C. :wink:

It was a DCPC trainer who has today admitted he was working from old information :smiley: :smiley:

Henrys cat:

Coffeeholic:

shep532:

It was a DCPC trainer who has today admitted he was working from old information :smiley: :smiley:

Thing is it has never been the case so that sounds more like a “Oops, I’ve [zb]'d up but don’t want to admit it so I’ll blame it on something old” excuse. :smiley: :smiley:

Henrys cat, were you in the PDA in the last decade?

Dented:

Is that like being "on the balcony?

Wheel Nut:

Dented:

Is that like being "on the balcony?

Yes Malc, and missing the Herald :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Henrys cat:

Coffeeholic:

shep532:

Thing is it has never been the case so that sounds more like a “Oops, I’ve [zb]'d up but don’t want to admit it so I’ll blame it on something old” excuse. :smiley: :smiley:

Ahh now then - I am sure it has been the case that print outs were required when driving mixed digi and analogue vehicles.

When digi first came out and VOSA didn’t have sufficient equipment to necesserily read a digi card or VU they wanted print outs. There was a specific date from which this activity stopped. I’m sure I remember writing a memo to all our drivers to say they could stop printing out

Does anyone else remember this?

shep532:

Coffeeholic:

Henrys cat:

Coffeeholic:

shep532:

Ahh now then - I am sure it has been the case that print outs were required when driving mixed digi and analogue vehicles.

When digi first came out and VOSA didn’t have sufficient equipment to necesserily read a digi card or VU they wanted print outs. There was a specific date from which this activity stopped. I’m sure I remember writing a memo to all our drivers to say they could stop printing out

Does anyone else remember this?

I’m pretty sure Coffeeholic is right, isn’t the reason we have to, and always have had to carry enough printing paper for printouts, just in-case some wannabe wants to check the records but doesn’t have the equipment to download the card.

shep532:

Coffeeholic:

Henrys cat:

Coffeeholic:

shep532:

No, never been the case. Plenty of duff information around a while back but it wasn’t true. How could it have been? You could have driven digi say Monday to Wednesday, turn in for work Thursday and find yourself in an analogue equipped vehicle and as there was no legal requirement to have taken printouts on the days you drove digi you wouldn’t have any with you. Under your theory you would not have been able to work which is just nonsense.

Ever since the digi cards were introduced the produce in the event of being stopped requirements had been, charts and legally required printouts covering 29 days and your digi card if you had been issued with one. It has never been a legal requirement to produce a daily printout so you would not be breaking any laws by not having them to produce. If the person stopping you did not have the equipment to read the digi card then that was their problem and.not yours. This was confirmed several times on here by our resident VOSA member on previous occasions this topic has come up.