Mod 4 and Digi card

Hi guys, me again!

I’ve booked my Module 4 CPC as I never had the chance to do it before my practical driving test what with all the ■■■■■■■ about! It seems that I’ll really need to apply for a digi card if I want to start work… Can I do this sooner rather than later? How do I do it? :neutral_face:

DIGI CARD FORM (Print in colour only)

DIGI TACHO GUIDES

hope they help

Can I do this sooner rather than later?

The mod 4 has nothing to do with applying for a digicard

Anyone can apply for a digicard - E.G. some B+E (car + trailer) drivers need them if their combinations are over 3.5 tonnes for commercial purposes

Awesome, cheers Rog!

I have just been reading my tachodisc app on my iphone and it says that you may be refused one if you don’t hold the correct entitlement on your license, well I only have a provisional c at the mo, do you know if I’d be able to get one or do I have to wait til I have a full cat c? cheers

Harlow_wannabe:
I have just been reading my tachodisc app on my iphone and it says that you may be refused one if you don’t hold the correct entitlement on your license, well I only have a provisional c at the mo, do you know if I’d be able to get one or do I have to wait til I have a full cat c? cheers

As tachographs are needed for B+E if over 3.5 tonnes and being driven commercially then it MAY be that if the holder only has B (car) on the licence one will not be issued - But I am not sure on that

All vehicles covered by B do not require a tachograph

Well I only have B so maybe its best I wait til I’ve passed then, just had a bit of spare money going this month and thought it would be a good time to get one! thanks for your help, if you hear any more keep me posted :slight_smile:

Harlow_wannabe:
Well I only have B so maybe its best I wait til I’ve passed then, just had a bit of spare money going this month and thought it would be a good time to get one! thanks for your help, if you hear any more keep me posted :slight_smile:

DVLA DIGI CARD LINE
phone 0300 790 6109 between 8am and 8.30pm,
Monday to Friday, and 8am and 5pm on Saturdays

I just called them -

Anyone can get one no matter what licence is held

hope that helps

Harlow_wannabe:

Probably best to wait a bit, they only last for 5 years and while it is in your wallet waiting for you to pass the clock is ticking on those 5 years.

Can’t believe you phoned them for me, cheers your a great help!! really appreciate that ROG thanks :smiley:

Harlow_wannabe:
Can’t believe you phoned them for me, cheers your a great help!! really appreciate that ROG thanks :smiley:

It is called Grooming :laughing:

He is a big lad, that Rog you know :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
It is called Grooming :laughing:

He is a big lad, that Rog you know :stuck_out_tongue:

did you get the flowers I sent you :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Harlow_wannabe:

Probably best to wait a bit, they only last for 5 years and while it is in your wallet waiting for you to pass the clock is ticking on those 5 years.

I thought a START DATE could be stated when applying :question:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Harlow_wannabe:

I thought a START DATE could be stated when applying :question:

It can but I’m not sure how far in advance you can set the date and if it took a while to pass then it’s just wasting the time available before you need to pay for renewal.

Rog said;

All vehicles covered by B do not require a tachograph

Unfortunately not true. Typical Transit van with a Gross weight of 3.5 tonnes and a Train weight of 5.6 tonnes may be driven on a cat B licence. The same vehicle may tow a trailer with a Gross Weight not exceeding 750 kg and still be driven on a cat B licence. The van and trailer combination MUST be fitted with a Tachograph if it’s use comes under the EU drivers hours rules.

ROG also said;

I know you’re repeating what you were told but it’s not quite true. Only the holders of an ‘appropriate’ licence Category may apply for a Digital Driver Card, holders of categories; A, F, K, L, N & P would not get a digital card. Although in theory some vehicles in category F might come under EU drivers hours, so you would be entitled to a digital card if you only had that category on your licence.

Neil said;

It can but I’m not sure how far in advance you can set the date and if it took a while to pass then it’s just wasting the time available before you need to pay for renewal.

This only applies to the first driver card application and is limited to 3 months. The advice is valid regarding waiting until you’ve passed your test, the money is better in your account. In general most people won’t come across Tachos until they are driving vehicles bigger than 3.5 tonnes gross.

geebee45:
Unfortunately not true. Typical Transit van with a Gross weight of 3.5 tonnes and a Train weight of 5.6 tonnes may be driven on a cat B licence

Have the licence rules changed ■■ !!
INFO SOURCE

Category B vehicles may be coupled with a trailer up to 750kgs MAM (allowing a combined weight up to 4.25 tonnes MAM) or a trailer over 750kgs MAM provided the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle, and the combination does not exceed 3.5 tonnes MAM.

geebee45:
I know you’re repeating what you were told but it’s not quite true

Phoned DVLA DIGICARD center again -

anyone with a photocard licence can get a digicard

Slightly different from the first answer