Truckstop fiasco

picked a load up from northwich friday for a drop in worksop as my last job before i parked up, now i knew i was low on diesel but i had to be at the tip for 3 oclock so decided to get loaded and then call into lymm on my way down the 56, although i’d had an email from fuelserve who’s card i use saying that lymm had temporarily stopped selling fuel for them some weeks ago i’d heard nothing since, but not a problem i thought, i’ve got a halifax cashpoint card and a barclays debit card with me so one way or another i was going to get some diesel, or so i thought, pulled in and got me ticket at the barrier as you do and went round to the filling station, each pump had a little hand written sign on it “no fuelserve” okey dokey, i went in to the building to sort it out, by this time i was flat empty, me “can i pay with a debit card mate”
him “sorry bp card only”
me “well i’ve not got a bp card and i’m on empty”
him " bp card only"
me “ok, i’ve got a cashpoint card, i’ll walk over and get some money out”
him “sorry we can’t take cash either, bp card only”
by this time i’m getting a little bit agitated " so what do you sugest i do, i’m flat empty and won’t get to another garage"?
him “sorry i can’t help you, bp card–”
me “yes mate ■■■■■■■ bp card only, think i’ve just about got that”!
me “what about the garage on the way out, will they take cash”?
him “they will, but they won’t put the pump on for you, it’s cars only”
me"so why the ■■■■ havn’t you got signs up telling drivers you’ve got no diesel"?
him “we’ve got diesel, bp card-----”
FFS, to say i left not a happy soldier is an under statement! in the end i took a gamble and went down the 56 and took the wimslow turn off, not knowing if there was a garage down there or not, luckily there was one a couple of miles down where i managed to squeze on a pump with a bit of shunting, the needle by this time was below the bottom of the red.
the crazy thing is, i’d already been in two bp garages through the week and filled up with my fuelserve card! surely their diesel all comes from the same place?

I only go in there for the truckwash or cb shop.

The supermarket dosn’t even sell bread (but the restraunt will sell you a slice for 25p apparently!) even tho’ it sells cereals,sugar tea & coffee

It’s been in decline ever since it was taken over by an msa

It is one of my pet hates about fuel cards and fuel stations. and another one is having to hand over my card before they will switch the pump on, I feel like a criminal.

I only carry a Routex, BP card which is personal to me, not the truck, I can buy roadtax in Europe at any fuel station whether it is Total or Esso, the BP card is still a credit card. I can use it on toll roads and tunnels, I can even get repairs and breakdown assistance. Unless I am in the UK

If you have a Marks and Spencer credit card, does that prohibit you from shopping in Woolworths?

I had the same problem at Lymm about six months ago when I tried to fuel up on visa or cash.

I only go in there for the truckwash

Same here. The food in the “restaurant” is lousy.

There’s 1 just off J12 on the M56 on the industrial estate, it’s pretty quick. Lymm’s rubbish even when they had fuel.
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:43 am Post subject:

It is one of my pet hates about fuel cards and fuel stations. and another one is having to hand over my card before they will switch the pump on, I feel like a criminal.

I know what you mean, I nearly always have my business credit card, cash card, and 2 fuel cards, and it winds me up when they won’t switch the pumps on till they’ve checked my card

Wheel Nut:
and another one is having to hand over my card before they will switch the pump on, I feel like a criminal.

me too !!! I try to use the auto card readers if I can…

I only carry a Routex, BP card which is personal to me,

oh, I carry a business credit card, Allstar , Fuelserv, Fuelserv/BP, Smartdiesel, and RHA Keyfuels :blush: :blush:

and I’ve got a different keyfuels and a UK Fuels/Shell card in a drawer waiting for the right price…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Denis F:

Wheel Nut:
and another one is having to hand over my card before they will switch the pump on, I feel like a criminal.

me too !!! I try to use the auto card readers if I can…

I only carry a Routex, BP card which is personal to me,

oh, I carry a business credit card, Allstar , Fuelserv, Fuelserv/BP, Smartdiesel, and RHA Keyfuels :blush: :blush:

and I’ve got a different keyfuels and a UK Fuels/Shell card in a drawer waiting for the right price…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It’s crap when we have to shop around to save a few pennies to make a living, just been to that old Londinium for the weekend, and it was £25.00 for a taxi from Kings Cross to Hammersmith, which I worked out as £5.00 per mile approx :cry: Makes me wonder wether I’m in the right job?

I think Keyfuels is the most efficient fuel management service. With fuel prices the way they are its lucky we can use them!!

you can’t knock keyfuels, they do offer a very good service. you’ve just got wonder at the mentality of bp, ok they don’t make as much profit on the fuel they sell via fuelserve but look at the sales they’ve lost at lymm not to mention how many don’t park there now, seems like madness to me, especially when you consider that there’s a lot of bp garages around that take the card.
went into truck haven the other night, at 5.30pm the lorry park was spotlessly clean as was the restaurant and washing facilities, had a very nice meal for not a lot of money. when i left at five the following morning the place was absolutely chocka jam full! every picture tells a story.

showing fuel cards is ok handing them over is asking to be fiddled

Ben1:
I think Keyfuels is the most efficient fuel management service. With fuel prices the way they are its lucky we can use them!!

DAFMAD:

Ben1:

:laughing: :laughing:

my keyfuels price this week is 82.59 ppl + VAT (97.4ppl) and they wonder why I’m using smartdiesel, that price is 79.0ppl +VAT (92.82ppl)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: