TRUCKNET CB channel?

ok come on guys, i’ve given you the thread title…i can’t do all the work…

(but “one” springs to mind if it proves to be a goer)

19…we have run this b4.unless you can identify another trucknet user its no point moving from the standard mobile channel

I agree with you hitch, even if we all had those trucknet stickers showing the chance of spotting them from accros the carriageway is pretty small, shame though as it’s a good idea.

I suppose if we all sat on say…23 then if you need to go to 19 for a traffic report it would be no hardship, I generally only switch it on for this reason because of all the divs sitting at home nowdays anyway, so having it on 23 or any other channel wouldn’t hurt, but again you would be driving around continuously calling.

I didnt think drivers used c.b. anymore…they were great a few years ago when we could use them sensibly…but nowdays the children at home tend to get on my nerves…just talking a load of rubbish…i would rather listen to the music…i`ve got 2 cbs sitting in the cupboard…
have a nice day

not all areas are bad for idiots.
the company that i work for in the south west has about 70 trucks most of the drivers have cbs we use channel 40 and so does other companies in the same type of job.
there is also an other company who use channel 5 i have the cb on all day on channel 40 with out any problems.

ah the joys of being on AM :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the joy of a.m. 20 year old equipment or more knobs than you can ever use mobile…arnt they illegal

Over here in N.I. we use AM, not old equipment though :smiley:

The only good areas for CB use are when you’re running abroad.
Too many idiots on the air in this country.

if you´ll see me in France (on the back of my trailer I´ve a TrucknetUK sticker!) - you can call me all time on CB 28 AM; everytime open!
Stempi

ianyng:
The only good areas for CB use are when you’re running abroad.
Too many idiots on the air in this country.

Especially that [zb] from your neck of the woods who’s just out wind people up all day :imp: :imp:

simon

usually on eother 19-3 or 8 uk and it would help if a certain moderator/ director could see the 16 spot lights on my truck when i flashed her going south on the a1 a couple of weeks ago with a volvo following in convoy :laughing: :laughing:

ps lucy couldnt find your number

i run on 19 saves changing channel and i was told thats why truckers have there own channel so they can keep there eyes on the road…got HITCH top right of the frog trotter

alix776:
usually on eother 19-3 or 8 uk and it would help if a certain moderator/ director could see the 16 spot lights on my truck when i flashed her going south on the a1 a couple of weeks ago with a volvo following in convoy

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Ps. 07909 901187 :wink:

AM sets are illegal in the UK. I’ve got a fairly new multi channel CB as well as an 80 channel FM rig (thats 40 UK ch and 40 Euro(CEPT)) which is my usual rig.

The 80 FM channel is a Maycom EM27. It has the usual volume, squelch channel and RF knobs and a row of 8 buttons along the bottom of the front. These are memory buttons for presetting channels and also have two functions. I can scan the whole band, listen to two channels at once, all sorts of things. It also has channel change buttons on the mike and three function buttons which can be preset to 3 of the function buttons on the front of the box. Great for when you are sitting at an RDC but for running down the road, they can be a pain.

I can’t remember what make or model my multi channel is, but thats a right pain. It has 6 bands for AM and FM with upper and lower side band (USB and LSB one of which is SSB, but I’me not sure which). It has 40 channels in each band, but it is tunable within each channel and has no frequency readout. That means I don’t know if I’m tuned into the UK frequencies or not even though I’m on the right channel. Also, the Euro channels fall in with one of the bands 1 - 40 being 1 - 40. But the UK channels don’t. They fall with 1 - 12 being in one band at 28 - 40 and 13 - 40 in the next band at 1 - 28, or something (I can’t remember now exactly). It is also a pretty big box and I would have to make the standard slot bigger to make it fit.
I don’t know why I bought it now, but I will persavere(?) till I’ve got it sussed. Then I’ll play with it for a bit and decide if I want to keep it then.

PS. one seems to have a good idea there :laughing: , just say to whoever you are chatting to, go to the TruckNet usual and go to one. If they say UUUUUUUh■■?, don’t bother.