10-4

Before I dive out for my cab for the final 10-100 of the night I was wondering, are the CB’s very active these days ■■ Been 12 or more years since I was a regular on the airwaves, any fresh faces or all old schoolers hanging on to the cb channels these days ■■

Was thinking of picking another rig up for my unit if people are still using the old things ■■

Think most have a iPhone or similar,always on TNuk or on Call with the Mate behind

Still very popular with tipper drivers although not many other lorry drivers using them. The stereotype cb language isn’t used around here by drivers, unless they’re ■■■■■■■■■■ a a cb anorak. Our drivers are a bit snobish though and will not talk to other operators on a different channel.

I got mine hooked up a few months ago and 95% of the time there’s always someone about to talk to or grab a bit of info from.

Is it me or do modern cbs not perform aswell as old ones? I used to get out for miles when I had one in a loading shovel, now the reception is very hit and miss.

I don’t think anyone is getting out far or receiving on CB like the old days because most people are just using standard equipment.In the old days most people who were serious about CB had the best twigs and rigs with burners and power mikes.The mobile phone has superseded the CB’s now.

Thanks, I kinda guessed most people would have moved into the modern world. Will skip buying another :wink:

Phantom Mark:
Thanks, I kinda guessed most people would have moved into the modern world. Will skip buying another :wink:

Why not put one in your shed then you can sit in it and talk to all the loners, seniles and ■■■ offenders that talk bollox on c19 :laughing:

CB seems to be picking up. Hopefully radios coming out like below will get people more interested. Also sideband is going to be legalised in UK in the coming year or so. I think the fact that many radios still look like those in Convoy puts people off. Amateur radio is definitely picking up as more truckers realise they can use VHF repeaters and that the VHF radios are cheap and the foundation licence ain’t that hard. The repeater in west yorks definitely has a lot of truckers on it as they pass through south/west/north yorks.

Anyway, this is a new Uniden currently only in the USA but should head over here in the near future.

Conor:
CB seems to be picking up. Hopefully radios coming out like below will get people more interested. Also sideband is going to be legalised in UK in the coming year or so. I think the fact that many radios still look like those in Convoy puts people off.

Anyway, this is a new Uniden currently only in the USA but should head over here in the near future.

Still looks like Cb…

Muckaway:

Phantom Mark:

Why not put one in your shed then you can sit in it and talk to all the loners, seniles and ■■■ offenders that talk bollox on c19 :laughing:

Lol yer, seriously tho was only considering it again for traffic and work related stuff, besides I don’t have time to sit in my shed ;p