Anyone still use CBs??

I finally got round to putting a CB into my current mount and I’m met with…silence

Doesn’t anyone use them any more. Once over if you were stuck in traffic there would be a right load of chatter going on and you could always get a road report from someone going the other way. Now all I get on the 19 is a couple of Polish lasses squawking away :imp: :imp:

I know what you mean Lonewolf, Ive just put mine in my new motor after 8 months and as you said ch 19 is dead.

I suppose most drivers are using Trucknet nowadays to slag each other off…!

They are used more abroad nowadays.

Wolfie.

You have a pm.

Ken.

If you see a fred sherwood or george varney lorry, we’re all normally on 22.

So much cab hopping going on these days you do wonder if its going to come back to you,I’ve not had a cb since my bulk tipping days lonewolf and a vital piece of equipment when your looking for unmarked quarries and mines and like you say,getting traffic reports from the opposite bound.

We have CB’s in 2 of our trucks as we run together and it’s a great way to keep in touch with the other driver. I have noticed that its a very quiet place on ch19 then it was 20 years ago.

If you have AM put it onto ch19 and you’ll hear plenty of info a large percentage of the scots run on this as well as the irish

If you see an Emerson lorry were on channel 39 if you want to say hi :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Should start a campaign to bring back the CB :smiley: :smiley:
useful bit of kit if a few more people started using them again …?

I used to have a CB in my 4x4, but since I got rid of it, the rigs are in the loft waiting for the next 4x4.
I’m quite close to the M4 at Chippenham, and from my house, I used to pick up a few wagons passing through. Pick them up as they come out of Swindon, and loose them as they go down the hill from 18.

i normally run on channel 30 uk or some times on 31 eu depending on where I have been loading :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I prefer the quite on there on both sides of the Atlantic, it’s best to run with a mate and chat and thats ok but the constant BS in and around cities is annoying. I always had a CB back in the UK and found it a great help, also provided entertainment at times. Now I run with the squelch right up so all I hear is very close contacts, then if someone calls me I can back it off and go to another channel where I don’t get abuse for being an immigrant.

i run on channel 19 but all i get is silence too

i said to one of my fellow drivers the other day about the cb radio,i actually said about using a cb while driving,is it the same as mobile phones if you are caught,would the old bill nick you for not being in proper control of your vehicle,i dont think nothing has ever been said about the subject as regards the law,i could be wrong but i have never seen anything on paper about it

I think we should bring back CB’s, It’ll be smokey and the bandit all over again! :sunglasses: … lol

truckman20:
i said to one of my fellow drivers the other day about the cb radio,i actually said about using a cb while driving,is it the same as mobile phones if you are caught,would the old bill nick you for not being in proper control of your vehicle,i dont think nothing has ever been said about the subject as regards the law,i could be wrong but i have never seen anything on paper about it

cb radio’s don’t come under the legislation the cover phones, the same with taxi radio’s. the only thing they might get you on is due care and attention if you had and accident while using one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Mines often on 19 get the craic off the Irish :slight_smile:
When I’m in Europe on 30

Legend_Scania:
Mines often on 19 get the craic off the Irish :slight_smile:
When I’m in Europe on 30

Bigidy Bigidy Bong so it is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wildfire:

truckman20:

cb radio’s don’t come under the legislation the cover phones, the same with taxi radio’s. the only thing they might get you on is due care and attention if you had and accident while using one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

cheers for that as i was not too sure about that side regarding the law