truck sat nav

im after a cheap but good sat nav i want one that is designed for trucks bridge heights etc any ideas

Tomtom go 7000 is the way to go

cheapest way is to get a basic tom tom and a truckers atlas.

cross check the sat nav route with the atlas and use the Mk1 eyeball as well

Truck based ones are still mega bucks

ive saw the pro nav one for 190 is it any good though always used tom tom and would like the tom tom 7000 but dont know if i can justify 400 on a sat nav

buy tomtom and download the truck map yourself or buy of these from ebay
cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOM-TOM-GO-930-CA … 028wt_1041

how much does the download cost and do you know where to get it from thanks

Just buy a standard tomtom and install the truck maps and navcore.
I bought a tomtom 520 for £100 and put the tt7000 maps and navcore onto it, saved me £300 :grimacing:

Big Brummie Macca:
how much does the download cost and do you know where to get it from thanks

Download is free

Map - ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=426655
Navcore - ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=430069

ive got a tom tom 1 xl will it work with that thanks for the help lads never drove hgv b4 doing my training at the min but want to get everything in place so i dont look like a ■■■■ as have been promsed a job after passing my class 1 used to drive sprinters so its a completly new ball game

Big Brummie Macca:
ive got a tom tom 1 xl will it work with that thanks for the help lads never drove hgv b4 doing my training at the min but want to get everything in place so i dont look like a ■■■■ as have been promsed a job after passing my class 1 used to drive sprinters so its a completly new ball game

i’ve never been able to get it working on tt one xl only on tt 5■■ upwards.

I’ve been using the TT7000 and cant fault it yet, does what it says if you set it up right to start with and the traffic updates works great. :slight_smile:

Buy a bloody map! :unamused:

Dear god, how did we manage before!!!

Koop:

im surprised you can read a map being as you cant read writting
ive got a tom tom and a map of uk obviously but in a sprinter van bridge heights and country lanes dont matter not that i ever really have to use a map or my tom tom to get to the location usually just to find the road that im delivering to. Im not an idiot mate i know how to get to places just dont want to make myself look like a idiot and get stuck somewhere or end up on here a foto of my truck hitting a bridge and if there is one thing i have already learnt that is with organisation and forward plannning things tend to go the way you want

but thanks for your very imformative and helpfull comment ■■■■

Hello mate, I know you said you never wanted to spend mega bucks but I would considor the Snooper Truckmate 7000.

I have been using one for about 6 months and can not fault it. You tell it what height you are are, what weight etc and it will calculate the route perfectly.

If you spend nights out in your cab its also a free view tv which works very well if your in a good digital area. It also has live traffic updates etc.

£400-£450 well spent in my opinion

Koop:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sounds like another hater.
Not every driver that uses a sat-nav gets stuck in a river/field/garden/underlowbridge/narrowlane *delete as applicable :wink:

Koop:

I love this response… thirty five years commercially behind the wheel, I’ve used and use paper maps. Sat navs are just the electronic version of one, and an idiot that goes down the wrong lane will do so irrespective of what they are looking at.

Maybe I shouldnt use a mobile phone, afterall, whats wrong with good old fashioned phone boxes; or laptops even, as they weren’t around either. Bloody dinosaurs :imp:

Big Brummie Macca:

Koop:

ive got a tom tom and a map of uk obviously but in a sprinter van bridge heights and country lanes dont matter not that i ever really have to use a map or my tom tom to get to the location usually just to find the road that im delivering to. Im not an idiot mate i know how to get to places just dont want to make myself look like a idiot and get stuck somewhere or end up on here a foto of my truck hitting a bridge and if there is one thing i have already learnt that is with organisation and forward plannning things tend to go the way you want

but thanks for your very imformative and helpfull comment [zb]

Yeah good one! Learn to spell before telling someone else how to read. :unamused:

OK, how many “issues” of hitting bridges, getting stuck in a country lane, going where a HGV shouldn’t, EG…weight limits,sweet little villages that never before saw a truck before the introduction of prat navs, sorry, sat navs. How many stories have you heard since sat navs? How many horror stories did you hear of before these were invented?

I’m allowed an opinion of these “toys” and my advice is…get a bloody map!

Big brummie macca…[ZB]

Koop:

Big Brummie Macca:

Koop:

but thanks for your very imformative and helpfull comment [zb]

Yeah good one! Learn to spell before telling someone else how to read. :roll

OK, how many “issues” of hitting bridges, getting stuck in a country lane, going where a HGV shouldn’t, EG…weight limits,sweet little villages that never before saw a truck before the introduction of prat navs, sorry, sat navs. How many stories have you heard since sat navs? How many horror stories did you hear of before these were invented?

Big brummie macca…[ZB]

Why so aggressive koop?The OP is entitled to ask a question about satnavs :grimacing:

Koop:
Yeah good one! Learn to spell before telling someone else how to read. :unamused:

Big brummie macca…[ZB]

How is a paper map so much better?
Spending ages writing down which roads you will need to use, then having to stop all the time to ask the village idiot where so and so street is.
Yes I carry a paper map for backup but I have always used the sat-nav and have never had or caused any problems using it. The only problem is the muppets using them, most lorry drivers are using satnavs designed for cars and are following the routes exactly which is getting them into trouble, If I come to a road that has a restriction sign or that I don’t like the look of I carry on and the satnav re-routes me.
I suppose we should all go back to using a horse and cart, better than driving around in these huge juggernauts destroying everything :unamused:

bubsy06:

Koop:

Big brummie macca…[ZB]

How is a paper map so much better?
Spending ages writing down which roads you will need to use, then having to stop all the time to ask the village idiot where so and so street is.
Yes I carry a paper map for backup but I have always used the sat-nav and have never had or caused any problems using it. The only problem is the muppets using them, most lorry drivers are using satnavs designed for cars and are following the routes exactly which is getting them into trouble, If I come to a road that has a restriction sign or that I don’t like the look of I carry on and the satnav re-routes me.
I suppose we should all go back to using a horse and cart, better than driving around in these huge juggernauts destroying everything :unamused:

Which is why I suggested right at the start of the thread

Semtex:
cheapest way is to get a basic tom tom and a truckers atlas.

cross check the sat nav route with the atlas and use the Mk1 eyeball as well

Truck based ones are still mega bucks